Austin FC

Bottlecap

We still don't have an answer for any team with a fast player or two up top sending a diagonal ball past our deepest defender. We miss Vaisanen terribly. 

I couldn't figure out how we never had a single player ready for a ball to ricochet off one of our defenders back out to the 18 or so. Or for that matter letting them take a corner straight to the middle of the field about 30 yards out with a dude waiting to blast a ball over the top of our clump of players. It felt like we were way too deep the whole game and they somehow never capitalized on wide open shots with no pressure. 

Stuver, holy shit my guy. 

Zardes is so limited with his feet that he cannot receive a heavy ball with someone at his back. That should pretty much disqualify him from starting in this system but Urruti just disappears for the most part.  When Djeffal or one of our wings can field those long entry passes, we get things going.  Having Fagundez and Seb back should make some of this go away.

I like Djeffal, he is very comfortable passing thru some tight windows. He seems to be a beat slow to feel pressure at times, but he took better care than Pereira who is just maddening when he has games like this. 

That was a very fortunate 3 points. 

Stuver Beast Mode was the difference between the 2-1 victory and a 4-2 defeat.

Stu not being man of the match was maddening. All of those big saves were right in front of us…they were incredible.

Gallagher was HOT after his yellow, with good reason, being that it wasn’t even a foul, much less a yellow.

The team looked….ok. Damn glad to get the 3 points.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 -- I have an extra ticket for tomorrow's match.  I'll post it for sale tomorrow on the broader sites, unless someone around here is interested.

2 -- Pereira just got called up to the Venezuelan nat'l team for a couple of friendlies in two weeks.  He's been playing lights-out, and I'm glad to see him get the recognition.  Honestly, if he keeps progressing, Austin won't be able to keep him.

I always wonder if Pereira would be better suited further forward. As skillful as he is he isn’t good (yet) at protecting  the back line and over the last few years when the back line get caught out it’s often because Pereira missed his mark. He’s young though and definitely has promise. 

Not for nothing and knocking on wood but a W tonight against a team we should beat, and that’s 12 out of last 15 league points including road win over first place team.  Could be starting a nice little run heading into the rivalry games at the end of the month.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Hitting the road to KC in the morning. This will probably be a shit show, but hey there will be beer and the WW1 museum at least.

We won last year there. 

I had some hibachi food across the street from the stadium. They got a bunch of food and shopping to do. 

5 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

We won last year there. 

I had some hibachi food across the street from the stadium. They got a bunch of food and shopping to do. 

I'm annoyed they don't have something like Pointsbet in their stadium where anyone with a ticket can go and chill before the game with an overpriced beer. Their shitty version requires you to have a supporter's section ticket.

23 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Hitting the road to KC in the morning. This will probably be a shit show, but hey there will be beer and the WW1 museum at least.

I've been in KC for the last two weeks and I'm finally flying out today. I don't know what's around the stadium, but if you get a chance, check out the Westport or Crossroads neighborhoods. They're about as good as it gets in this town. 

And don't forget, Missouri legalized weed. 

• Hook 'Em 1