We are all Sly Stallones

Gil Bang

Gotta admit I've spent time in both Tulsa and OKC and I could live in those just fine especially given the lower cost of living. There are a lot of little shitty places there I wouldn't want to be but there are a ton of those Iin Texas I would never want to live. 

Abilene for example seems depressing as fuck and has a high crime rate these days for it's size. 

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Gotta admit I've spent time in both Tulsa and OKC and I could live in those just fine especially given the lower cost of living. There are a lot of little shitty places there I wouldn't want to be but there are a ton of those Iin Texas I would never want to live. 

Abilene for example seems depressing as fuck and has a high crime rate these days for it's size. 

Abilene has Buffalo Gap, so, you’re wrong. I’d much rather live in any smaller Texas town that OK town. You’re not wrong about Tulsa or OKC though. 

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Yup. There are obviously more jobs in Dallas and Houston but if you have a good job here it’s not that different and I prefer it here. I like that I can afford to live close to my downtown office in one of our few walkable entertainment districts. I’d have to double my salary to do that in Dallas/Houston/Austin. I hate rural towns and I think most small towns in general suck outside of the coasts and parts of the Great Lakes region. I used to hate not having pro sports but I’ve become a much bigger fan of the minor leagues and local colleges and making the effort to get to Stillwater more for games. If I move it almost certainly won’t be back to Texas. The heat sucks in both places which is what Sly was talking about, but kudos on the lulz, haha!

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1