Trevor Noah’s reign of terror comes to an end.

BehoId, The Underminer!

52 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If you got equivalency out of that then you missed the point. 

Funny, I didn’t seem to mention it being worse for one or the other. Wasn’t great for either, as it should be at this point. See back in the day shows made fun of both sides flaws….  

10 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Funny, I didn’t seem to mention it being worse for one or the other. Wasn’t great for either, as it should be at this point. See back in the day shows made fun of both sides flaws….  

Sorry there is no middle ground...

Great to see him back! On Noah, I’ve heard/read people commenting on different platforms that they have an issue with someone from overseas critiquing the American lifestyle while enjoying all its benefits. I guess it would be a “We can criticize us, you can’t” type of thing. You more erudite guys may know, are there any equivalents in the UK where an American calls out their politicians and issues they may have with their society or whatnot on a regular basis? Just curious.

On 2/14/2024 at 3:11 PM, GoPokes83 said:

Great to see him back! On Noah, I’ve heard/read people commenting on different platforms that they have an issue with someone from overseas critiquing the American lifestyle while enjoying all its benefits. I guess it would be a “We can criticize us, you can’t” type of thing. You more erudite guys may know, are there any equivalents in the UK where an American calls out their politicians and issues they may have with their society or whatnot on a regular basis? Just curious.

Re:Noah.  Everyone is just fumbling with how to say the dude wasn’t funny in a way that sounds like there is some deeper analysis needed.  Don’t really know why.  Maybe we’re a little baffled that Stewart would turn it over to a guy like this.  Maybe there is some racial aspect in there.  

But I don’t really think that it has anything to do with him being from South Africa and don’t really think showing some American can/can’t do it to Euros would make me think anything either way.  John Oliver is funny.  Is he a Brit? He’s clearly Brit-ish.  He presents as a Brit. Would I think more or less of his mocking of us if he was British British? Probably not.  Paperwork isn’t the difference between him being funny and not. 

5 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Re:Noah.  Everyone is just fumbling with how to say the dude wasn’t funny in a way that sounds like there is some deeper analysis needed.  Don’t really know why.  Maybe we’re a little baffled that Stewart would turn it over to a guy like this.  Maybe there is some racial aspect in there.  

Noah's problem was his delivery, he was nothing like Jon, which was the problem. Jon was the host for 15 years and the audience was used to his style, delivery and views. I think Noah had a lot of the same views, but he was so different on style that many of the older audience just didn't connect with him. He had a smiley, happy style, while Jon Stewart was more of a curmudgeon who was angry, exhausted and flabbergasted by the world. It's a stark contrast and it takes some getting used to Noah. I think a lot of fans like myself, didn't have any interest in sticking around long enough to develop the acquired taste for him.