OKie State at TCU on ABC

Bullneck

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I don't think so, with UCLA at Oregon (both on bye so can't lose this week) and Clemson-Syracuse potentially being two undefeated teams.

Surprised to see TCU regroup and hold OSU to a field goal there afterthe piss poor effort on that screen. I was thinking it was over and OSU will name their number. Still kind of think that, but TCU can stay in it if they answer.

Maybe facing a top ten team will be enough then. And I agree on TCU, I thought they had quit and was surprised to see them hold. 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Oklahoma State going to run this same zone D against Texas because they have no faith in their secondary. 

Bijan and Roschon need to have big games. 

Texas offense is going to have to play a lot sharper football than they did today across the board. Texas can definitely win, but the offense is going to have to compensate for and even protect the defense.

I think TCU needed a TD there.

11 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Texas offense is going to have to play a lot sharper football than they did today across the board. Texas can definitely win, but the offense is going to have to compensate for and even protect the defense.

I think TCU needed a TD there.

Yes. Oklahoma State's offense looks elite. Ewers and company need to come up big. And I think they can. It will be close.

4 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

This OSU offense will score about 50 on our D. 

I don't know. We give 3rd downs usually, not big plays. We make the other team work a bit at least. I think we can probably hold them to 28 or 35.

But if we start turning it over or screwing around...well...

Just now, UncleCharlie said:

Not really. Morton is the best QB in the B12.  Best since Mahomes if he toughens up and can take a hit.

Oklahoma State is 130th in passing defense against a soft schedule. 

That's awful. They are putting 8 guys in the secondary because they can't cover anyone. TCU seems content to not stick with the run which is dumb. 

6 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

So next weeks game will be like 54-51 if good Ewers shows up?  I really want to win that game, if they do I think we can build more of the right kind of confidence and win out.  

I don't know about 54-51 but yeah I expect a back and forth high scoring battle. 

About time TCU picked one. They’d dropped a couple that hit them in the chest/hands.

I don't know about 54-51 but yeah I expect a back and forth high scoring battle. 

I also expect both teams to try to play some ball control, which could deflate the score.

Or today’s Texas offense could show up and it could be 49-0.

Great blitz on that 3rd down by OSU. 
They're a smart team.
We have our hands full next Saturday.

That’s honestly what sticks out. They’re consistently competent and for the most part avoid head scratching dumb shit that we’re so used to (though I think Texas is getting a little better on this front)

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

That’s honestly what sticks out. They’re consistently competent and for the most part avoid head scratching dumb shit that we’re so used to (though I think Texas is getting a little better on this front)

Oklahoma State's secondary has been doing a bunch of dumb shit. That's why they're 130th in passing defense. 

It's also why they're now playing so conservatively. 

also.... gotta love the big 12 refs.   holding just absolutely is not called in this conference.

the edge Frog on 2nd down was kept from turning the corner for about 3 seconds by a stone cold blatant hold.... but obvious holds on the corner just are NOT called by this POS conference. 

I still don't understand what Riley is doing in this game. 
Oklahoma State is daring TCU to run the ball and it's 2 or 3 passes on most downs. 

Oklahoma State's secondary has been doing a bunch of dumb shit. That's why they're 130th in passing defense. 
It's also why they're now playing so conservatively. 

I think you’re kind of answering your own question here. TCU is refusing to deviate from game plan, which was no doubt to attack the pass defense as an air raid team. As the clock becomes more of a factor, this plays more into OSU’s hand

Also, the way it’s played out switching between this and the Bama game, I’ve mostly seen OSU with the ball, so perhaps I’ve misspoken on their defensive competence.

Just now, gmr548 said:

I think you’re kind of answering your own question here. TCU is refusing to deviate from game plan, which was no doubt to attack the pass defense as an air raid team. As the clock becomes more of a factor, this plays more into OSU’s hand

I mean it's definitely a dumb game plan from Riley. 

If Oklahoma State runs this same D against Texas and Bijan doesn't get 30 carries it's criminal. 

Just now, gmr548 said:

OSU would be wise to make Texas prove they can run block their way down the field.

I hope they do. 

They're consistently only keeping 3 or 4 guys at the line of scrimmage because they're so worried about their secondary. If Bijan doesn't dominate under those conditions we don't deserve to win.