USMNT 2023

ztejas

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Nats do all that to earn a goal and refs fucking give one back because of a misplay.

Fucking CONCACAF, man. This would never happen to Mexico, and everyone in the region knows it. Absolute trash.

They misplayed that like a peewee team, but that’s a penalty in any/every league around the world. I’ve seen that very same call in the EPL. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Anastasis said:

That’s just an unlucky handball all day. 

True.  But that's the 2nd time the same CB has handled the ball.  He got lucky in the 1st half because of the foul.  Canada isn't going to score in the run of play, so just keep your GD hands down and play soccer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

True.  But that's the 2nd time the same CB has handled the ball.  He got lucky in the 1st half because of the foul.  Canada isn't going to score in the run of play, so just keep your GD hands down and play soccer.

I thought the first one was much more egregious cuz he was extending his arm while airborne. Lucky that the review showed the foul on Busio prior.

Just sucks seeing a team that did nothing all match awarded a goal

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

Yeah, they do. That call goes against anyone. That’s black and white and VAR forces it. 

No, they don't. Go back and review knockout stages for Mexico. El Tri gets every break in the book because CONCACAF goes out of its way to ensure they advance as far as possible.

And though I recognize your point, I have definitely seen a handled ball after a bounce NOT called against a defender. It is not 100 percent universally enforced as you are insisting.

• Fuck You 1