2018 MLB Thread

Netzer

Phillies got Justin Bour from MIA for a reliever who was just promoted to AA. Probably platoon at 1B with Carlos Santana who has been a pretty big disappointment for $20 million. Ballsy move, I really like that they are serious about contention this year without ditching any quality prospects.

Former All-Star pitcher Esteban Loaiza, who earned more than $43 million over 14 seasons, pleaded guilty Friday to federal drug charges in California.

Loiza acknowledged that he possessed about 20 kilograms, or 44 pounds, of cocaine with intent to distribute. He faces up a minimum of 10 years in a prison and maximum of life when he is sentenced Nov. 2.

Man, talk about fucking up your life. 

it may have been recent, so don't kill me if it was, but when was the last time we had four mvp candidates as deserving as Trout, JD, Jose, and Mookie all in one league? Any one of them would be deserving in almost any season with the numbers they're putting up. Jose could go .300/1.000 with 100 R, 100 RBI, 40 HR, and 30 SB and finish 4th. It's that deep.

Trout, Ramirez, and Betts are all on pace to finish with fWAR of 9+ (Martinez is a good deal behind at 5.7 and Lindor, Champman, Bregman, and Judge have higher projections) per Steamer Projections. That hasn't happened since 2004 (Bonds, Beltre, Rolen).

Edited by DanRydell

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

it may have been recent, so don't kill me if it was, but when was the last time we had four mvp candidates as deserving as Trout, JD, Jose, and Mookie all in one league? Any one of them would be deserving in almost any season with the numbers they're putting up. Jose could go .300/1.000 with 100 R, 100 RBI, 40 HR, and 30 SB and finish 4th. It's that deep.

It's ridiculous.  I'm biased, but I'd go with Mookie as well.  His defense definitely gives him a nod over JDM.  But part of me really wants to see Jose Ramirez keep cruising, largely in hopes of him leading the league in HR & SB... a feat that hasn't been accomplished in 86(!) years.  

In going to the Trop end of Sept just because i will be in Tampa. I am really fucking hoping he is called up cause its the Jays that will be in town. At least I'll have something to look forward to in that game....other than seeing my boy Carlos Gomez act a fool

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Chris Sale right now: 4.2 IP, 1 H, 11 K, 0 BB, 0 R

* He has an 0.69 ERA in his last 10 starts, striking out 109 in 65 innings.

* He has thrown 28 consecutive scoreless innings.

* He has not allowed a HR in 68 IP dating back to June 1.

* Opponents are 33-225 (.147) against him since June 8.