Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

25 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Series wins against the Mariners and Angels without deGrom or Seager. I'm cool with that

Not just that, but a series win against the Astros.  And all three series wins on the road.  In a season in which we now only have two road series (and two home series) against each of our divisional opponents.

That's pretty fucking stout any way you slice it.  And it's a big part of the reason why we're now three games up on the division.

• Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Solid win today; won a series where we could have gotten swept with a couple of breaks the wrong way. Just splitting the four in Oakland makes this a winning road trip, but would love to take (at least) 3….

Already won as many games this year in Seattle as all of last season.

Going 2-2 in Oakland would be a bummer IMO.  Mason Miller is the only good starting pitcher they have (3.38 era).  He was supposed to pitch against us Friday, but is having arm soreness and now we'll miss him.  They don't even have a starter listed for tomorrow, and the Friday/Sunday guys have era's around 8.  Saturday guy is 5.54.

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Already won as many games this year in Seattle as all of last season.

Going 2-2 in Oakland would be a bummer IMO.  Mason Miller is the only good starting pitcher they have (3.38 era).  He was supposed to pitch against us Friday, but is having arm soreness and now we'll miss him.  They don't even have a starter listed for tomorrow, and the Friday/Sunday guys have era's around 8.  Saturday guy is 5.54.

Is the coliseum the last remaining multipurpose stadium (though it obviously no longer hosts football) still in use in America?

will be a little different feel at a 1.5 billion dollar stadium on or just off the Las Vegas strip. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

On 5/9/2023 at 6:07 PM, MAUFRAIS said:

Has anybody ever done a VPN to watch on the MLB app on Apple TV?

I’m trying to figure that out.

Mlb.tv had, and probably still has, some sophisticated location detection. You’ll have to mess with router settings and and not every router will give you what you’re going to need. I tried it once and never got it to work. 

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

A's are starting a guy tonight thay hasn't pitched in the majors since 2018 and currently has an era of 5.56 in Triple-A.

Looks like they made a change.  Starting a guy that made one start earlier in the year that didn't go well.

Has anybody ever done a VPN to watch on the MLB app on Apple TV?

I’m trying to figure that out.
I got a preconfigured router from ExpressVNP 3 years ago and it works like a charm. I don't go through Apple TV though. You just piggy back it off the regular router and connect your TV/device to the VPN wireless. I sign in all the time on my regular network, see the blackout l, switch the network and no problem. MLB doesn't seem to care.