Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

9 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

hard to argue with the record but this team really is a couple of relievers away from winning it all.

That's part of the problem. We also do sloppy shit and don't capitalize too often with guys on base. Getting shut out on 8 hits like we did yesterday is ridiculous. 

This team is very good, not great. Which is obviously refreshing. Just not sure I'd trust them in a competitive playoff series. 

That game sucked balls. My mind immediately blames the pen, and we should go upgrade, but damn if we haven’t left a lot of runners on base in the last 45 days or so. Some of that, I think, comes from overachieving with 2 outs and nobody on, but it all ends up the same.

I can’t back this up, but it seems like we get 2 outs, and then a double, and then a single that doesn’t score for some reason, and then a pop out.  Way baseball goes.

Big home stand coming up. Dudes need to have some fun and feel the crowd. Thinking about flying up for stros series. 

Edited by Gucci_Suit
More stuff

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

That's part of the problem. We also do sloppy shit and don't capitalize too often with guys on base. Getting shut out on 8 hits like we did yesterday is ridiculous. 

This team is very good, not great. Which is obviously refreshing. Just not sure I'd trust them in a competitive playoff series. 

They're having one of the best first halves offensively in the history of baseball, most notably with RISP.

That won't be every game and no way they keep the pace up.

I'd absolutely have confidence in this offense in any series. But pitching wins titles, and gives teams a shot in any series if the bats cool off. That's what will make/break their playoff success. 

1 minute ago, gofuckyourself said:

They're having one of the best first halves offensively in the history of baseball, most notably with RISP.

That won't be every game and no way they keep the pace up.

I'd absolutely have confidence in this offense in any series. But pitching wins titles, and gives teams a shot in any series if the bats cool off. That's what will make/break their playoff success. 

They've been awesome no doubt. I just think the bats disappear sometimes or the hitting becomes less timely. 

I wouldn't even bring it up if we were holding teams to fewer runs. 

Well I’ve watched them live lose 1-0 and 2-1. They had more opportunities than their opponent those nights. These last two from the Yanks should be wins. That’s 3 due to the bats with the other an assist from the bats.

I’d assume they make some moves to shore up the staff but come playoff time they’ll need those big hits.

At this point the struggles are probably the ups and downs of baseball. But they have a number of guys who to date have not produced 1 fully successful year in the majors or been consistently solid for multiple years running. I think the talent is there though.