Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

36 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

I've been watching the series but not posting. I just don't understand Semien's approach at this point. You've been terrible all playoffs and you are the lead-off hitter. Stop trying to hit the shit out of the ball. His slump has made it way easier to pitch to Seager because there's never anybody on base. 

username and such

37 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

I've been watching the series but not posting. I just don't understand Semien's approach at this point. You've been terrible all playoffs and you are the lead-off hitter. Stop trying to hit the shit out of the ball. His slump has made it way easier to pitch to Seager because there's never anybody on base. 

After the Seattle series, the Rangers became much more patient at the plate vs Rays.   It continued against Orioles.  

They see freakin' astros team in Arlington, and start pressing again.  Fuck... gotta win this game today somehow.  

You don’t want hitters swinging early in the count as their standard approach, even if it’s a fastball down the middle. 

The whole point of being patient at the plate is to force the pitcher to make more pitches, which increases the odds of a walk, and tires them out earlier in the game. It’s analytics.

You have to force pitchers to show they can consistently throw strikes. Then you mix in first pitch swings as a change of pace to catch the pitcher firing easier to hit fastballs down the pipe. It’s the long game.