Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

40 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Hurtado BBQ but I bet it's a madhouse. Or go to J Gilligan's and get some Irish Nachos.

Marquez Bakery is pretty solid IIRC.

I heard on the radio that Hurtado's was a 30 minute wait on a GOOD day (random regular season game). Cannot imagine in a playoff atmosphere.

As an aside, I saw that Hurtado's shut down in Little Elm. Shame those lake rats couldn't support it and would rather eat the crappy Hula Hut across the street I guess.

Edited by BeardIP

We didn't pitch well but we also got unlucky last night. I thought that game was closer than game 3 and could have gone either way or gone to extras with a few different results on plays - notably the two double plays we hit into with 2 on base and the Maldonado walk leading to the 4 run inning. 

That’s the way baseball go.

I don't think I've been to that J Gilligans since the Texas/Nebraska Big 12 Championship Game but may hit that up.  Thx for reminder.

J Gilligan's.

Plucker's in the Highland's straight south on Collins.

If you want the best tacos in town along with damn good free chips and salsa hit Los Pastores.

Avoid Bombshells and Bdubs like the plague.

Just now, C-Man said:

Y'all aren't kidding. The market for this game fell off a fucking cliff. I'm trying to talk the missus into heading west around 2:30 for the game. Section 200 in left field for $70 or so is a hell of a good deal.

What website are you using / has the best deals? I have been known to be a bit impulsive, myself.

4 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

What website are you using / has the best deals? I have been known to be a bit impulsive, myself.

I just peaked quickly at SeatGeek. Lots of SRO tickets but that's a non-starter for my better half.

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

Sorry if addressed above, but best tips for parking?

I'm not much help. We take my wife's Lexus whenever we go so we can park in the Lexus lot.

The optimistic view:

Seager hitting it hard a couple times and Garcia going deep last night unlocks some actual mashing today. Verlander be damned.

Jordan shuts down their bats that all the crappy pitching woke up. He goes at least 7 and Rangers are up 5+ going into the final innings.

The day game helps shake things up and "restarts" things.

And the giant wooden cockroach I burned in effigy this morning to symbolize Houston's chances going up in smoke does its magic.

Still winning it in 6.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Yeah forgot about the avatar when I posted this.

that’s a fair response.

Going to try lot M which looks like it’s maybe 2-3 miles closer than Houston.

Lol - the only time I've ever posted on the Astros thread was like 4 years ago asking about parking and where to eat stay. Pretty much got the same result you did. A couple of people dm'd me for recs. I guess they didn't want it to be public.

11fcd166-4836-4f06-ba5f-4948084e8e9e_scr

Sorry, I haven't been to the new stadium enough to give you some advice.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah forgot about the avatar when I posted this.
that’s a fair response.
Going to try lot M which looks like it’s maybe 2-3 miles closer than Houston.

Honestly M and N out there are decent. Fairly easy in and out. I park there most of the time unless I get a pass. It’s a walk but you’re walking all day anyway.
  • Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Y'all aren't kidding. The market for this game fell off a fucking cliff. I'm trying to talk the missus into heading west around 2:30 for the game. Section 200 in left field for $70 or so is a hell of a good deal.

I sold my tickets in 224 for $150 this morning. Lowest in that section right now is $105. 

Yep. I looked last night after we just have 2 straight losses. The same tickets James law posted were about 4x that amount right after we won game 2. For those original prices of the upper level tickets then, you can get really good lower level tickets now.

I bought game 5 tix on Wednesday before game 3. Before the game was guaranteed. After we lost game 3, game 5 tix dropped about 25% across the board. I would’ve expected them to go up once it was a guaranteed game. That was weird to me. 

Now they are 50% lower after losing game 4. 
I'm guessing it isn't a close out game was a big reason. If we won last night, ticket prices would be much higher as you have a chance to see them win the AL. No chance of that now. And losing always causes ticket prices to drop.
  • Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

The optimistic view:

Seager hitting it hard a couple times and Garcia going deep last night unlocks some actual mashing today. Verlander be damned.

Jordan shuts down their bats that all the crappy pitching woke up. He goes at least 7 and Rangers are up 5+ going into the final innings.

The day game helps shake things up and "restarts" things.

And the giant wooden cockroach I burned in effigy this morning to symbolize Houston's chances going up in smoke does its magic.

Still winning it in 6.

We better win in six because I don't hold out much hope that Max magically fixes himself to win G7 in Houston.

14 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
32 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:
I bought game 5 tix on Wednesday before game 3. Before the game was guaranteed. After we lost game 3, game 5 tix dropped about 25% across the board. I would’ve expected them to go up once it was a guaranteed game. That was weird to me. 

I'm guessing it isn't a close out game was a big reason. If we won last night, ticket prices would be much higher as you have a chance to see them win the AL. No chance of that now. And losing always causes ticket prices to drop.

It's a Dallas sports down phenomenon across Mavs/Rangers/Stars playoffs I've noticed.  Tix fluctuate dramatically based on prior outcome.   That 2011 NBA finals was case and point.  We tie it 1-1 and tix to home game 3 were insane.  I had $800 cash for 2 and couldn't get in the door.  Then we lost that and I got decent seats for under $200 each for game 4.  We win that and game 5 (at 2-2) was the craziest Mavs ticket market I've ever seen.   I had a good lower single already in hand I could have flipped for a ton.  

Yet here we are in same position and prices fell off a cliff.  All about perceived momentum

49 minutes ago, C-Man said:

We better win in six because I don't hold out much hope that Max magically fixes himself to win G7 in Houston.

He was better than fucking Heaney and as good as Dunning was yesterday. 

If he's just marginally better G7 than he was G3 I think we'd have a shot. 

Edited by ztejas

2 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
2 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

After 2 game wins there are three options:

1) we win the next two - ticket holder get full refund on what they paid. 

2) We win one of the two - Friday becomes a close out game - ticket prices go above what you paid..????? profit

3) Astros win those two - Afternoon game + not a close out game + limited time to sell on a work day Ticket prices go down. 

Edited by Jameslaw121

I heard on the radio that Hurtado's was a 30 minute wait on a GOOD day (random regular season game). Cannot imagine in a playoff atmosphere.
As an aside, I saw that Hurtado's shut down in Little Elm. Shame those lake rats couldn't support it and would rather eat the crappy Hula Hut across the street I guess.

The Little Elm hurtado’s sucked ass.
Very inconsistent and staff gave zero fucks.

J Gilligan's.

Plucker's in the Highland's straight south on Collins.

If you want the best tacos in town along with damn good free chips and salsa hit Los Pastores.

Avoid Bombshells and Bdubs like the plague.

Herbie knows his Arlington tacos.