I am Maximus Decimus Meridius...

Parliament

6 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

I missed these but probably bought the Harry Turtledove books next to it where a Roman Legion gets witchy-pood into an alternate-Earth Byzantine Empire so Turtledove could reuse all his grad school reading assignments.

1980s mall bookstores were a world undreamed of.

B. Dalton and Waldenbooks were amazing to me in the 80s, and the book covers back then....

• Drool 1

3 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

arnold-schwarzenegger-twins.gif.29509f7d371bded24ad4349044e6b7c9.gif

Lol.  Fair enough. But as small as Arnold makes Stallone look, Stallone would make Crow look that small. 

And this is not the body of a dude on roids or hgh. Definitely doesn’t have that stomach. Just your normal 35-40 year old who lift some and lost weight 

image.png.b4c496a250d69a86c6c152ac57a6016f.png

18 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Lol.  Fair enough. But as small as Arnold makes Stallone look, Stallone would make Crow look that small. 

And this is not the body of a dude on roids or hgh. Definitely doesn’t have that stomach. Just your normal 35-40 year old who lift some and lost weight 

image.png.b4c496a250d69a86c6c152ac57a6016f.png

300 was a different story probably plus a lot of cgi

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Well, that just ruined her for me.

You're acting like she was Batman's mom or something - hell, she was a wed Dane, not a dead Wayne.

And if she showed up on my doorstep and needed a place to say, I'm not turning her down one bit, although I'd be slightly confused since nobody expects a Danish imposition.

• Haha 1

On 3/27/2023 at 9:42 AM, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

that's incredible.  that the best any woman on earth has aged

If you were to type Brenda Strong into Reddit you'd see her competition is quite fierce.(something I discovered last week by happenstance)  Sue Ellen Mischkie has still got it.

Now carry on.

• Drool 1

You're acting like she was Batman's mom or something - hell, she was a wed Dane, not a dead Wayne.
And if she showed up on my doorstep and needed a place to say, I'm not turning her down one bit, although I'd be slightly confused since nobody expects a Danish imposition.

Yeah. You read that somewhere.

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, UT_OB1 said:

People like you are the reason the Russian bots work

I never said it would be good.  It's more than a stretch to even think it will be passable.  All the good characters were killed off.  If they were gonna take another shot at the apple they should have scripted up something for Lucky Jack. 

1 hour ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

I never said it would be good.  It's more than a stretch to even think it will be passable.  All the good characters were killed off.  If they were gonna take another shot at the apple they should have scripted up something for Lucky Jack. 

Wut? That's not a real trailer, man. It's painfully obvious.

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Gladiator II releases trailer.

9 hours ago, Parliament said:

Is that the real trailer?  Because it looks like CGI shlock.

9 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

That doesn’t look remotely real.

2 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

It's a fan/concept trailer. It says so right in the first line of the description.

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

I wish they’d make the batshit original treatment for the sequel. Maximus is resurrected and becomes an immortal who has Forrest Gump style adventures throughout history and ends up working at the Pentagon. Really.

Only if 1) they’d disconnect it somehow from Gladiator. Make it clear it’s a cheesy What If or Spoof. I will riot if they cheapen the movie and 2) they get the Santa version of Crowe to reprise the roll. 

Russell Crowe Thor GIF by Regal