2023 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

23 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Nice throw, but that’s kind of what he gets paid millions of dollars for.

He's one of the great characters of the game, and he's been recognized as the best defensive pitcher 6 times.

They all get paid.  Some perform better than others.

13 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Shohei has allowed 2 hits and 1 ER through 6.  Has 9 K.

Every time he does that shit, I still look at the scoring line to see if the Angels actually won.  They topped the Twins this time, 4-2.

Im probably the minority but Shohei is great and all but Im not sure Id wanna pay him 40 million dollars a year. Sure hes a 20+ million dollar SP and maybe a 20 million dollar DH (I honestly dont know Im not as close to the current numbers as i used to be). But that's one hamstring or shoulder that can fuck half my roster instead of 2. And the 2 way thing is neat and the child in me is glad I saw it happen, but its not like the 26 man roster is super tight unless your a spare team with a lot of turnover. So its not strategically as big a deal as they make it out to be if anything you lose your DH when he comes out on nights he starts

2 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Im probably the minority but Shohei is great and all but Im not sure Id wanna pay him 40 million dollars a year. Sure hes a 20+ million dollar SP and maybe a 20 million dollar DH (I honestly dont know Im not as close to the current numbers as i used to be). But that's one hamstring or shoulder that can fuck half my roster instead of 2. And the 2 way thing is neat and the child in me is glad I saw it happen, but its not like the 26 man roster is super tight unless your a spare team with a lot of turnover. So its not strategically as big a deal as they make it out to be if anything you lose your DH when he comes out on nights he starts

You don't.   He comes off the mound, he still bats. 

2 hours ago, cmontexas said:

fans GIF

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cmontexas said:

dodgers, giants, mariners, Mets laugh in your face 

3 hours ago, cmontexas said:

God must’ve decided 46 chromosomes just wasn’t going to be enough for you.