Why is Republican Heterosexuality so easily changed and influenced?

horn4life

Ooh, I think there's something here...

"Did you like product x, but it's wokeness means you can't buy it anymore?  For the low price of $25.99/month plus our cost, we'll continue to provide you with those products so you don't have to buy them from those woke companies.  You can drink your bud light/go to disney without supporting their wokeness because you are paying us instead of them!."  

Then all you have to do is put a big markup on your cost for the boycotted products.  I bet 90% of them would be stupid enough to fall for it and sign up.  Whose in?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

Just now, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Ooh, I think there's something here...

"Did you like product x, but it's wokeness means you can't buy it anymore?  For the low price of $25.99/month plus our cost, we'll continue to provide you with those products so you don't have to buy them from those woke companies.  You can drink your bud light/go to disney without supporting their wokeness because you are paying us instead of them!."  

Then all you have to do is put a big markup on your cost for the boycotted products.  I bet 90% of them would be stupid enough to fall for it and sign up.  Whose in?

* Who's

• Haha 1

wait like, we buy the bud light, mark it up, and then sell it to the stupids because they're paying us and not Bud Light even though we paid Bud Light?  I mean, they're fucking dumb, but they're not that dumb.  They're still gonna see the can.  Or do you mean like we craft brew a beer that tastes just like Bud Light called like, Oh, I don't know...Schmitt's Straight.  and sell them that?  

I am genuinely surprised that there's not more anti-woke product out there grifting these dipshits.  I mean, yeah there's the food buckets and MAGA schwag and my pillow and that shit.  But like mainstream alternatives to mainstream woke stuff.   Like an open-carry themepark where the kids are encouraged to shoot into the air at the roller-coaster apex.  

C'mon dude, the answer is right there.  And as wrong as it sounds to leverage something that has broken so many young people and their families...the good news is we could make a shit-ton of money and do a lot of good with it. 

You guessed it.  

Conversion Camp for Bud Light.  For just $99, we'll send a case of your favorite bud light tall boys to conversion camp to be de-queered, de-gayed, de-transed, and de-lesbo'd.  It's delivered to your door in 28 days, as chilled and straight as Frosty's Carrot Nose.  Comes complete with a certified letter of conversion from a priest, youth minister, and master brewer.  

We could make $500k before anybody knew anything about it.  

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

wait like, we buy the bud light, mark it up, and then sell it to the stupids because they're paying us and not Bud Light even though we paid Bud Light?  I mean, they're fucking dumb, but they're not that dumb. 

Classic libtard tactical error.  Yes, they are that dumb.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, nbmishoid said:

Wow.  I did not know Britannia had any, uh, exotic content.  My lack of curiosity as a teen was world class. 

Wall to wall set, I found the one paragraph in all those pages that talked about it.  Books are dangerous they should be banned.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Shut up Lou Holtz said:

Client of mine has always been a repub lean and super anti trans/gay things. His daughter just came out as trans. He’s fucking pissed. Blaming Austin ISD and drag shows and then pissed off his ex wife found an LGBTQ therapist for her/him. Conservatives really think that experiencing a pride parade 1 time really makes a kid gay. Fox News and other conservative echo chambers have hardened his heart in a way that he will just lose the relationship with his kid and possibly experience a kid committing suicide. I hurt for him. I hurt for his kid. Fuck the conservative mindset. Fuck it all

Sounds like my father. None of his grown children will talk to him.

On 4/11/2023 at 11:48 PM, troph said:

Sounds like my father. None of his grown children will talk to him.

I can't get my head around that. When my 20 yo daughter came out I was like, "Oh, OK cool. But what are we going to cook for dinner?"

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Maybe my tune will change if it actually happens to me down the road, but I hear these stories about parents becoming estranged from their gay/lesbian children and it just blows my fucking mind to this day, especially as a father of two girls.  How do people do that?  Like is there a sitdown conversation where you just literally tell your child that they are dead to you and that you are out of their live forever?  Is it a gradual thing?  Does it end with a quiet whimper and you just slink away from them forever?  Or is like a bold, loud argument where you shout at them and they walk out of their childhood home forever?  I imagine it's different for all, but there's gotta be some common denominators.  I've known people who vigilantly attend church service to pray for their gay children and I look at them and think, "Instead of prayer, has it fucking occurred to you to just pick up the phone and finally call them instead of asking others and God how they are doing in real life?"

Of all the parental advice I received over the years, mostly useless.  One thing still resonates with me, a man told me, "One day you will lift your daughter up in your arms for the last time.  But you won't know it when it happens."  I cannot imagine voluntarily speaking to one of my daughters for the last time because of how they were born.  What kind of fucking monster does that?  I will speak to them and hug them and love them until my last dying breath.  That's what fathers do.  Gay, straight, bi, trans, who gives a shit?  Hug your child today.  Literally lift them up if you can.  Who knows what tomorrow brings?

• Hook 'Em 3

Every person has some bright line boundaries. Me getting married was one of my dad’s. He was ok with me being gay but struggled with that. Him not going to my wedding was a bright line for me. When he told me he wouldn’t go I told him to have a nice life. It took him a month to figure out I was serious. He then got to make the choice for himself. At the wedding reception, he and I were talking and he let me know how shocked he was that this wedding was just a normal wedding, although way more stylish and classy and less tacky than normal. To this day I have no idea what he thought happened when gays tie the knot, but as he’d been a baptist for 60 years at the point, I’m sure it wasn’t anywhere close to accurate. 

I don’t begrudge parents who need time to process. The time and place they grew up, their religion, their friend groups, the news they consume all have a powerful effect on people. What I do not forgive are those people who let all of those built in prejudices keep them away from their children in the long run. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

glad for you that he made it after all.  And good point on "needing time to process."  I probably would too as a dad.  Good news is most of my gay/lesbian friends, their parents eventually come "around."  But I also know a few folks who just completely sever all ties.  That is just so fucking bizarre to me.  I mean, I know a family that visits their incarcerated son in there for murder.  But they won't talk to the nephew who is gay.  

I have to admit, and I've told this to my family and my wife's because both of our extended family's have gay men who they're all in still denial about...at this point-who gives a fucking shit?  If you truly believe God made us all in his image, then why would he purposely make people to condemn?  But my admission is I love my girls unconditionally no matter what.  But just before his deathbed, my grandfather said something to me that I'll never forget.  His father survived WWI, my grandfather survived the Pacific Theater of WWII, but his two brothers died before they could have children.  My father had two boys, and we both and two girls.  I am the last of our namesake, the last of our bloodline going back centuries to Lutheran Germany (mom is from Mexico/iberia).  But he asked me to keep our name alive.  So all I ask of my daughters is that one of 'em have a biological grandchild for me and we'll give them our last name as their middle name.  Other than that, love is real...not fade away.  Find somebody on this rock who makes you happy and hold on tight because for now...there ain't no other world than this one.  My only two pledges were to my dying grandfather and another to my daughters that I would always love them no matter what.  They are who they are. 

36 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

At the wedding reception, he and I were talking and he let me know how shocked he was that this wedding was just a normal wedding, although way more stylish and classy and less tacky than normal. To this day I have no idea what he thought happened when gays tie the knot, but as he’d been a baptist for 60 years at the point, I’m sure it wasn’t anywhere close to accurate. 

Can't resist:

• Haha 4

“I’m outraged that cats are being turned into dogs!”

Well actually that isn’t happening

“It’s a national epidemic! I am so MAD!!!”

But it’s false

“Just think of the puppies! We can’t allow this! It is our number 1 issue!!! So ANGRY!!!”

Uh…ok

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Maybe my tune will change if it actually happens to me down the road, but I hear these stories about parents becoming estranged from their gay/lesbian children and it just blows my fucking mind to this day, especially as a father of two girls.  How do people do that?  Like is there a sitdown conversation where you just literally tell your child that they are dead to you and that you are out of their live forever?  Is it a gradual thing?  Does it end with a quiet whimper and you just slink away from them forever?  Or is like a bold, loud argument where you shout at them and they walk out of their childhood home forever?  I imagine it's different for all, but there's gotta be some common denominators.  I've known people who vigilantly attend church service to pray for their gay children and I look at them and think, "Instead of prayer, has it fucking occurred to you to just pick up the phone and finally call them instead of asking others and God how they are doing in real life?"

Of all the parental advice I received over the years, mostly useless.  One thing still resonates with me, a man told me, "One day you will lift your daughter up in your arms for the last time.  But you won't know it when it happens."  I cannot imagine voluntarily speaking to one of my daughters for the last time because of how they were born.  What kind of fucking monster does that?  I will speak to them and hug them and love them until my last dying breath.  That's what fathers do.  Gay, straight, bi, trans, who gives a shit?  Hug your child today.  Literally lift them up if you can.  Who knows what tomorrow brings?

It’s crazy, I’m actually hitting my stride and doing things that would make any parent proud. Like wow my child did that?  He’s robbed himself of that joy. Just because the of the execution of the 26 chromosome is infinitely complex and leads to a rainbow of outcomes. Jesus H Christ. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

To this day I have no idea what he thought happened when gays tie the knot, but as he’d been a baptist for 60 years at the point, I’m sure it wasn’t anywhere close to accurate. 

Unicorns walking down the aisle behind you, shitting rainbows?

Your dad sounds like my mom - I went to a friend's wedding, and she was asking me "so what did you wear to a gay wedding?"  She would have fit in to that Key & Peele sketch above. She was genuinely curious, as if there was some kind of odd dress code.

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Every person has some bright line boundaries. Me getting married was one of my dad’s. He was ok with me being gay but struggled with that. Him not going to my wedding was a bright line for me. When he told me he wouldn’t go I told him to have a nice life. It took him a month to figure out I was serious. He then got to make the choice for himself. At the wedding reception, he and I were talking and he let me know how shocked he was that this wedding was just a normal wedding, although way more stylish and classy and less tacky than normal. To this day I have no idea what he thought happened when gays tie the knot, but as he’d been a baptist for 60 years at the point, I’m sure it wasn’t anywhere close to accurate. 

I don’t begrudge parents who need time to process. The time and place they grew up, their religion, their friend groups, the news they consume all have a powerful effect on people. What I do not forgive are those people who let all of those built in prejudices keep them away from their children in the long run. 

My mom and I didn’t talk for two years she went away angry then sad the decided to do her own work and she came back. We are now ok. It’s tough because she’s not all in but she’s made an exception for me. That’s good enough for this world. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 4/10/2023 at 3:38 PM, NameAlreadyInUse said:

There is only a very specific type of person who can wear white jeans.  You either have to be in a band on stage, or treating the world as your gay stage.  If you aren't doing one of those two things, that is a look that can't be pulled off.

spacer.png

• Rage+1 1

There is only a very specific type of person who can wear white jeans.  You either have to be in a band on stage, or treating the world as your gay stage.  If you aren't doing one of those two things, that is a look that can't be pulled off.

Counterpoint-

135ca43803034e42362ce70abeea046f.jpg

16 hours ago, safe sex said:

You don't think Pedro has been treating the world as his gay stage?? Beg to disagree

Well he didn't finish off the biggest bear any of us has ever seen...