2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

12 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Let's break this down.

Put another way, Warren has not really seen any improvement with non-potential Democratic primary voters over the summer, even as she has dramatically improved with Democrats.

Who is a non-potential Democratic primary voter? Most of them are Republicans or R leaners. She was never ever going to get their vote. If a poll sifts through the "independents" by asking one's lean, as Q-pac seems to do, a very few number of true independents remain. 

Here's a clue: the Q-pac poll has her 6 points above water among "indies" in general. Throwing out the leaners, she is probably above water among the true indies as well.

There's also this.

Biden maintains a clear edge in net favorability (favorable - unfavorable) rating of -48 points versus -59 points for Warren among non-potential Democratic primary voters.

Republicans aren't going to vote for Biden either. Cool.

Impressed by Beto's campaign strategy.

Journalist: What are your plans for healthcare?

Beto: The President is a fucking racist.

Journalist: What are your views on multilateral trade and how do you plan on reengaging our historical trade partners?

Beto: Yes, we are coming for your God Damn AK's and AR's.

Journalist: Regarding foreign policy, what role should the United States have regarding the Hong Kong protests and Taiwan?

Beto: I am an El Paso native and we are coming for racist assholes and their fucking guns.

Wendy's employee: Sir, this is a Wendy's drive-through.

Beto: I am so fucking proud of you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, berlinerbaer said:

Let's break this down.

Who is a non-potential Democratic primary voter? Most of them are Republicans or R leaners. She was never ever going to get their vote. If a poll sifts through the "independents" by asking one's lean, as Q-pac seems to do, a very few number of true independents remain. 

Here's a clue: the Q-pac poll has her 6 points above water among "indies" in general. Throwing out the leaners, she is probably above water among the true indies as well.

There's also this.

Republicans aren't going to vote for Biden either. Cool.

lol Liz! is gonna lose to Trump 

Campaigns with a bunch of donors and money are just hamstringing themselves because now they have all kinds of paperwork to do. Biden and Harris are keeping it lean and mean so they are more electable and better able to focus on winning REAL voters.

(Did I do that right? Can I get a job writing for CNN now?)

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

i agree that it's gonna be a big number, and i disagree with hugo that she'll wait.

you don't wait to deliver good news.

overall, the fundraising from the dems has been very impressive.

I think she's going to sit on her big number like last quarter.  The reason for doing this is to get her own day of media attention. 

Bernie and Pete released their numbers early for the same reason, to get the day's headlines and squash any concerns that their campaigns are faltering.  Warren has no such concerns.  She can sit back and wait right up until the debate to publicize her number for maximum exposure. 

Question for BT or anyone with knowledge, is money raised off official campaign merchandise included in these fundraising numbers?  Because Warren has been dealing when it comes to overpriced campaign swag.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

This is pretty simple. Pete is running a general election campaign during the D primary. He's not trying to only appeal to Democrats when campaigning. He believes the American people generally agree on a number of important issues and thinks he can deliver results. 

For people that believe the dam has broken and there's no saving Republican voters, fights and revolutions are the way to go. Maybe we are at that point. Maybe the country is permanently broken. 

Pete's strategy is obviously risky, but it's been his consistent tone and viewpoint since entering the race. 

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Pete is kind of a bitch.  

I don't think Pete realizes we are at war with domestic terrorists masquerading as the Republican party.  We have to fight, because they aren't interested in working with us.

Just now, Js1 said:

I don't think Pete realizes we are at war with domestic terrorists masquerading as the Republican party.  We have to fight, because they aren't interested in working with us.

Pete is fully aware of damage created by the Republican Party. He called out their complicity directly at the 2nd debate. 

He doesn't think it's wise to blame or antagonize the majority of Republican voters. 

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Pete came out as a strong progressive and now has Jennifer Rubin writing puff pieces about him as the good alternative to Biden.  

No pivot though!

Not that I give a shit or want her to like Pete, but Jennifer Rubin has been complimentary of Buttigieg literally since the day after he announced his exploratory committee. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/01/24/what-pete-buttigieg-brings-race/

But I love that you're trying to use a WP blogger's opinion as proof of a pivot. Lol. 

Sorry but to me the dude is more interested in getting elected than actually accomplishing anything.  For Pete, getting elected is the accomplishment in itself.  He’s a classic politician through and through.  If you want a stabilizing place holder with inspiring rhetoric, he’s your man. 

He’s still a million times better than any Republican or Joe Biden. 

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Sorry but to me the dude is more interested in getting elected than actually accomplishing anything.  For Pete, getting elected is the accomplishment in itself.  He’s a classic politician through and through.  If you want a stabilizing place holder with inspiring rhetoric, he’s your man. 

He’s still a million times better than any Republican or Joe Biden. 

Yes, the classic politician that has spent 27 of his 37 years on this planet in South Bend, Indiana. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

34 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Pete is fully aware of damage created by the Republican Party. He called out their complicity directly at the 2nd debate. 

He doesn't think it's wise to blame or antagonize the majority of Republican voters. 

Sounds like the strategy a bitch would choose.

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Which candidates blame/antagonize the majority of Republican voters as part of their strategy?

Blame is probably the wrong word. 

Fights, revolutions, and welcoming "their hatred", even if intended for the Republican Party specifically, is naturally divisive language to the other side. Maybe that's the only way to win and get anything done. Buttigieg thinks otherwise. 

------------
We had to struggle with the old enemies of peace--business and financial monopoly, speculation, reckless banking, class antagonism, sectionalism, war profiteering.

They had begun to consider the Government of the United States as a mere appendage to their own affairs. We know now that Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob.

Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me--and I welcome their hatred.
------------

This is not about the majority of Republican voters. This is about the elite wealth class. These are wildly different things and should not be conflated.

Pete isn't trying to maintain harmony between a progressive agenda and Republican voters, a group he doesn't know and has zero connection to or influence with. Pete is trying to maintain harmony between a progressive agenda and the desires of the elite wealth class, which is his actual constituency. The managers and executives that form the Pete Brigade are the ones Bernie is antagonizing and blaming, not "the majority of Republican voters".

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Yes, the classic politician that has spent 27 of his 37 years on this planet in South Bend, Indiana. 

There are classic politicians in every town in America.  Sarah Palin was a classic politician when she was Mayor of Wasilla, from the stories of people who knew her then.  It's not just a Washington thing.  

That said, I like Pete a lot and think he's a good dude.

So we have Joe Biden.  And we have a younger, hipper Joe Biden with an apparently functional brain in Mayor Pete.  Is there a Biden model that is maybe more incoherent and brain damaged than the standard version?  I feel like that would really hit the spot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

So we have Joe Biden.  And we have a younger, hipper Joe Biden with an apparently functional brain in Mayor Pete.  Is there a Biden model that is maybe more incoherent and brain damaged than the standard version?  I feel like that would really hit the spot.

donald trump GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

I'd prefer a more handsy grab-assy Mayor Pete.

But maybe that would just hit my spot.

4 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

I think we can safely predict next quarter... 

If it's 11.4, that would actually be fucking hilarious.  

Obviously ~11.5 to 12mm is her fundraising ceiling at the moment.  

Edited by Js1

New SC poll has Biden +20 at 37% to Warren 17% - Bernie 8 - Harris 7 - everyone else under 5

Black voters go Biden 46 - Harris 10 - Warren 9 - Sanders 8

Overall - Only 1/3rd of voters are very sure of their choice.  Nearly half might change their mind.  But Black voters are 41% sure and 44% might change mind.