2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

On 8/27/2019 at 11:57 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I hate the RCP averages because they back weight candidates that are running shitty campaigns on the decline but were doing awesome in the beginning solely due to name recognition and unfamiliarity of the alternatives.  They did nothing extraordinary to earn the numbers in their early polling except be a known quantity and it deceptively boosts their RCP average throughout the process.  

There are now a bunch of Bernie bros on twitter complaining about Bernie’s debate stage position because his RCP average is slightly higher than Warren’s.  

My quote above is precisely why the RCP average should not be considered in the debate stage positioning.

(Not saying Bernie is running a bad campaign)

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

21 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Be prepared for more than 10 candidates at the 4th debate. They did not raise the requirements. 

Really? I figured it would (and should be) 200k individual donors and 3% in the polls. 

43 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I'd rather see Tulsi than...

- Harris
- Buttigieg
- Klobuchar
- Booker
- Biden

Not because I like her more than them, but because those people aren't going to say jack shit that's even the tiniest bit interesting or new.

has bernie been working on new material?  his old stuff is hilarious.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

debate 3 and 4 have the same threshold i believe.  obviously the 4th gives them more time because the deadline is later.

Fair. The people who missed it will suffer with donors and polls. But seems dumb. Typical DNC

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

I'd rather see Tulsi than...

- Harris
- Buttigieg
- Klobuchar
- Booker
- Biden

Not because I like her more than them, but because those people aren't going to say jack shit that's even the tiniest bit interesting or new.

I would add Tulsi and Bernie to your list and say I'd rather see Buttigeig that the rest of that group because he's obviously the smartest person in the field and the future of the party. 

13 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

debate 3 and 4 have the same threshold i believe.  obviously the 4th gives them more time because the deadline is later.

Fair. The people who missed it will suffer with donors and polls. But seems dumb. Typical DNC

I just looked at today's dailykos poll. It was Warren 40%, Bernie 18%, Biden 12%, Yang 9%, Pete 8%, Harris 7%.
That is where high and medium information voters are at the moment.

High and medium info voters are a minority in the electorate by a significant margin.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

High and medium info voters are a minority in the electorate by a significant margin.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah that’s why Biden is leading by a lot

Edited by Js1

4 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Hopefully everyone gangs up on Biden

I think Liz will train her fire.  She finally is on the same stage as Biden.  Make it count. 

On the other side, Ole Joe has been geared up for this for a while.  He's going to bust out all the old hits. 

12 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

has bernie been working on new material?  his old stuff is hilarious.

He has by far the most ambitious plans for dealing with the two biggest issues: Healthcare and climate change

And the entire debate is going to revolve around him anyway. Might as well roll grandpa up there to waggle his fingers and shout.

Biden should be fine as long as he sticks to the script and plays it safe right down the fairway. Maybe a couple of "malarkeys", a "God Bless America", and an Obama reference here and there too. 

Generally speaking, people are very fond of the Obama years and to the extent Biden can tie himself to that it should be a net positive. 

12 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Fuck joe biden. Just fuck off you dumb old cunt.

You better promise to this board that you will vote for Diamond Joe if he wins the nomination.  If not then I hope you never show your face around these parts ever again if Trump wins in 2020 as it will be entirely your fault.

• Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

"Raprock Robambra made this nation beautiful and great and I will great the beautiful every day for my son Beau and Hunter, who is my son."

*libs cheer wildly*

"I can beat up Trump, right now.  Did you see Ole Bernie with the punching bag? Hilarious.  You think this guy could go after Trump?  My good friend Barack Obama used to have me work security outside the Oval Office, said I was most effective standing outside." 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

You better promise to this board that you will vote for Diamond Joe if he wins the nomination.  If not then I hope you never show your face around these parts ever again if Trump wins in 2020 as it will be entirely your fault.

If Joe wins the nomination, everything is rigged and nothing matters anyway.

47 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

There will be a pile of dead Boomer bodies left in my path on my way to the ballot box to press the button for Joe.  I will not sit out or vote third party against Donald Trump. 

Image result for pushing a button gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

He has by far the most ambitious plans for dealing with the two biggest issues: Healthcare and climate change

And the entire debate is going to revolve around him anyway. Might as well roll grandpa up there to waggle his fingers and shout.

As you prove time and time again, being the center of attention isn't always a good thing.

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Maybe democrats like the idea of their candidate forgetting where or who he is from time to time?  Did you think of that, Pam?  

Joseph Biden has come unstuck in time. Joseph has gone to sleep a senile presidential candidate and awakened on his inauguration day.

8 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

That's bullshit. As much as I don't want Joe to win, he has a real and substantial following among moderate and old Democrats. If he wins, he wins. 

Eh, he’s run for President twice and been resoundingly rejected.  This was when he had all his mental faculties. 

His candidacy is mostly smoke and mirrors based around a marketing strategy and his connection to Obama. 

I wouldn’t say it’s rigged if Biden gets the nomination but I’d argue the DNC primary system successfully deceived the population with a bad candidate to protect a crippling status quo. 

54 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Eh, he’s run for President twice and been resoundingly rejected.  This was when he had all his mental faculties. 

His candidacy is mostly smoke and mirrors based around a marketing strategy and his connection to Obama. 

I wouldn’t say it’s rigged if Biden gets the nomination but I’d argue the DNC primary system successfully deceived the population with a bad candidate to protect a crippling status quo. 

I don't see how that would be attributable to the DNC primary system.   Maybe in 2016, but this time around there are many alternative candidates to make the case for themselves, and the DNC is giving them more than enough opportunity to do so. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 1