2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

37 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

No I wouldn't, because it is very clear that the supporters were not attacking a rival candidate in any way.

Scroll up to the two posts where I posted these clips and re-read them. Note the tone of my posts. Now look at the tone of the responses from JS1, yourself, and Hugo.

You guys have demons in your brains that scream at you when Bernie comes up. I never said it was an attack. I never even said it was horribly offensive.

Me: "lol look at these idiots and their Potemkin village bullshit"
You guys: "YOU MOTHERFUCKING BERNIE BROS I SWEAR TO GOD"

These demonstrations of supporters are lame and laughable. They aren't "attacks", they're jokes and worthy of derision. It's especially funny when they act like an actual protest movements with walkouts and disruptive chanting, with the chant being something as meaningless as, "It's time for a woman in the White House." It reveals the intellectual and moral vapidity of candidates like Harris.

It's like the Hall of Fame thing in Cedar Rapids in June when the candidates all laid out their chanting cheering sections:

webp.net-resizeimage%20(71).jpg

sub-buzz-19625-1560122524-1.jpg?downsize

cedar-rapids-iowa-usa-9th-june-2019-eliz

and Bernie showed up in solidarity with striking McDonald's workers:

Harris's cadre of robots acting like protesters is hilariously stupid.

1 hour ago, Mojo Hand said:

I'm pretty ignorant on what is going on with the debate issue, but isn't there a climate forum on CNN coming up with all of the major Dem candidates?  Is that not sufficient?  Honest question. 

Those will be individual town hall kinds of talks with I assume Q&A. This resolution would have forced them to all answer the same questions where we could more honestly compare how they stack against each other.

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Scroll up to the two posts where I posted these clips and re-read them. Note the tone of my posts. Now look at the tone of the responses from JS1, yourself, and Hugo.

You guys have demons in your brains that scream at you when Bernie comes up. I never said it was an attack. I never even said it was horribly offensive.

Me: "lol look at these idiots and their Potemkin village bullshit"
You guys: "YOU MOTHERFUCKING BERNIE BROS I SWEAR TO GOD"

These demonstrations of supporters are lame and laughable. They aren't "attacks", they're jokes and worthy of derision. It's especially funny when they act like an actual protest movements with walkouts and disruptive chanting, with the chant being something as meaningless as, "It's time for a woman in the White House." It reveals the intellectual and moral vapidity of candidates like Harris.

It's like the Hall of Fame thing in Cedar Rapids in June when the candidates all laid out their chanting cheering sections:

webp.net-resizeimage%20(71).jpg

sub-buzz-19625-1560122524-1.jpg?downsize

cedar-rapids-iowa-usa-9th-june-2019-eliz

and Bernie showed up in solidarity with striking McDonald's workers:

Harris's cadre of robots acting like protesters is hilariously stupid.

You were the one that posted these stupid videos. You literally described one as "Kamala folks walking out on Bernie at DNC convention while chanting" when that is not true. They started walking out when Kamala was done speaking. Sorry you got duped by a disingenuous Bernie supporter that tried to go viral with essentially a non-story. 

Bernie >>>>>>> Kamala IMO.  I think she sucks and have been pretty vocal about it here. The fact that Bernie supporters are giving this stupid shit any attention is more of an eye opener than what her supporters did. 

• Like 1

You were the one that posted these stupid videos. You literally described one as "Kamala folks walking out on Bernie at DNC convention while chanting" when that is not true. They started walking out when Kamala was done speaking. Sorry you got duped by a disingenuous Bernie supporter that tried to go viral with essentially a non-story. 
Bernie >>>>>>> Kamala IMO.  I think she sucks and have been pretty vocal about it here. The fact that Bernie supporters are giving this stupid shit any attention is more of an eye opener than what her supporters did. 

Yeah, by all means we should rally behind the guy who adopted Trump’s position on Trade first.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

You were the one that posted these stupid videos. You literally described one as "Kamala folks walking out on Bernie at DNC convention while chanting" when that is not true.

They literally were walking out while Bernie was being announced and chanting. You can hear and see both in the video.

They started walking out when Kamala was done speaking.

Is walking out and chanting loudly while another candidate is being introduced a normal thing once your candidate is done speaking? Is that how it works in your mind?

The fact that Bernie supporters are giving this stupid shit any attention is more of an eye opener than what her supporters did. 

Why is you saying it's stupid shit different from me saying it's stupid shit? Don't rely on your brain worms to interpret what you imagine I believe filtered through your Bernie-related PTSD, go look at my actual words.

20 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So Gillibrand turned out to be a real disappointment.  Imagine being a US Senator from New York and getting squeezed out of the third debate by Andrew Yang.

I talked to someone who knows her about two years ago.   I told him I thought she had a good chance of winning if she ran.  He told me unequivocally that she has no chance.   Said she has absolutely no charisma.   I guess he was right. 

I like her more than any other establishment candidate, but she has really underperformed her position and her fundraising. 

So Gillibrand turned out to be a real disappointment.  Imagine being a US Senator from New York and getting squeezed out of the third debate by Andrew Yang.

She always seemed like she should play the mom in a Sunny Delight commercial: capable and cheerful, even wise and strong at times, but really just a character in somebody else’s story.

One of the interesting thing about this election and the last couple of decades is the decay and disappearance of anyone making facially legitimate conservative fiscal and libertarian arguments. I am one of those moderates who would be much more excited about both Bernie and Elizabeth if I knew there was someone on the other side of the aisle who would provide some legitimate intellectual arguments against their policies.  And by legitimate, I mean anything more rigorous than "libtard tears"

The all or nothing aspect of our politics is really disappointing -- and I think it's because I always had this idea that there were a few folks on the Right who actually ascribed to some kind of conservative ideals.

May the Republican Party be sowed with salt and suffer 1000 years of ignominy for making the deal with the devil.

• Like 3

They didn't make a deal with the devil. Trump is not some kind of wild aberration in any sense other than his lack of decorum and the tariffs and, very importantly, war (where he is likely more doveish than most Republicans and many Democrats).

He nominated the same SC judges a Decorum Republican would have. He signed the same tax cuts a Decorum Republican would have. He demonizes minorities just like Republicans have done for 50 years.

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

One of the interesting thing about this election and the last couple of decades is the decay and disappearance of anyone making facially legitimate conservative fiscal and libertarian arguments. I am one of those moderates who would be much more excited about both Bernie and Elizabeth if I knew there was someone on the other side of the aisle who would provide some legitimate intellectual arguments against their policies.  And by legitimate, I mean anything more rigorous than "libtard tears"

The all or nothing aspect of our politics is really disappointing -- and I think it's because I always had this idea that there were a few folks on the Right who actually ascribed to some kind of conservative ideals.

May the Republican Party be sowed with salt and suffer 1000 years of ignominy for making the deal with the devil.

The thing is, we've seen conservative ideals. Trickle down economics and the smashing of organized labor have destroyed the middle class and consolidated all the wealth at the top. 

• Like 2

The republicans never had any conservative ideals. It was all a lie. 

These men are nihilists Donny. 

Its ok, I fell for it too.

• Like 3

One of the interesting thing about this election and the last couple of decades is the decay and disappearance of anyone making facially legitimate conservative fiscal and libertarian arguments.

I mean a lot of them still make the arguments but then they get into office and spend money like drunken Stepford wives on their husbands' payday.

Edited by BradInATX

15 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

The republicans never had any conservative ideals. It was all a lie. 

These men are nihilists Donny. 

Its ok, I fell for it too.

This.  AND, when it comes to many of those purported "conservative ideals," many of us who have been paying attention have seen them tried, and fail.  Repeatedly.  Like the Laffer curve.  It's hot garbage.  So, not only do we not support the party purporting to advance those ideals, we don't support the ideals because they're a proven failure.  And we're not so stupid as to keep trying shit that fails.

7 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

You love to see it.

And this is genius.  

Minority voter turnout is the name of the game.  Black and hispanic voters can't stay home.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  AND, when it comes to many of those purported "conservative ideals," many of us who have been paying attention have seen them tried, and fail.  Repeatedly.  Like the Laffer curve.  It's hot garbage.  So, not only do we not support the party purporting to advance those ideals, we don't support the ideals because they're a proven failure.  And we're not so stupid as to keep trying shit that fails.

I would love to hear the Ds go hard in the paint on this fact in the debates and in '20.