2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

New Economist polling.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/cseozthmrp/econTabReport.pdf

Warren and Bernie are consistently performing better with independents yet the Dems act like they’re too far left to win. It’s such nonsense.  

Moreover, if you dig deep into these numbers, Warren has consistently been the least polarizing candidate among democrats yet the establishment Dems are running away from her.  The way the Democratic leadership is behaving in this race really helps me understand why Trump won.  

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

M'kay.  Warner plan is a lock for the Dems to win in 2020.  Only question is whether Trump co-opts it by the end of the year.

I could see him campaigning on Trumpcare for all and if reelected he would actually push it through Congress. But it would literally be Trumpcare, a subsidiary of the Trump Organization.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I’m conflicted.   Part of me wants to post the the “rural people suck” guy is an abominable human being, but another part of me wants to say the people in Iowa are worthless fools who should be ignored in every Presidential cycle.   

Candidates like Santorum, Cruz, and Huckabee win Iowa, so why do we even pretend the Iowa caucus is important?  Just move Iowa to Super Tuesday and let it fade into irrelevance.  

Concur. 

Also interesting from that Iowa poll:

The second choice of likely caucus-goers follows a similar pattern as the race overall, with Buttigieg at 17 percent, Warren with 16 percent, Sanders at 13 percent, and Biden getting 12 percent. However, among those who support candidates getting less than 15 percent in this poll, 22 percent say that Buttigieg would be their second choice, 21 percent say Sanders, 12 percent say Biden, and Warren gets only 6 percent.

• Like 1

Iowa shouldn't be the first state. Not even close.

Iowans/rural whites are fine people just like every other racial/geographic group.

Hostility towards rural populations makes zero sense strategically and it's a moral abomination because those are often the most economically isolated and vulnerable population. 13% of urban populations are poor, 17% of rural. The division isn't rural/urban, it's class.

Rural areas do not exist because of some sense of luxury. They sprang up because of regional economic concerns and needs. Railroad stops, small industry centers, resource-access centers, etc...

Families were built and roots were set not because it is some great luxury to live out in the sticks, but because it was necessary at some point in time for those people to settle there. We have plenty of money and resources to make sure people in rural communities live good and decent and healthy lives, and we should be doing that. The idea that we should all cram ourselves into efficiency pods to save money is inhuman and stupid.

• Like 1

I can’t believe people think this dude is the best option to beat Trump, even among the mainstream candidates.  Gillibrand, Booker, Kamala, Klobuchar, Beto, and even sneaky Pete would be more formidable candidates in an election against Trump.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Saw an interview a few days ago with Steve Bannon who said either Bloomberg and/or Clinton would enter if Biden started slipping.  

actually it was from oct 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/media/463858-steve-bannon-hillary-clinton-michael-bloomberg-may-still-run-in-2020%3famp

Edited by EuroHorn