2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

4 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Let's remember that the Beto stan hate for Pete was WAAAAAAY before the back and forth about guns. 

Beto people were convinced that the media preferred Pete and that it doomed his campaign. The reality was Pete's strategy was to get on TV as much as possible, and Beto cowered away from doing media after the stupid Vanity Fair cover.  Beto's media strategy sucked, and when his numbers dipped they took their anger out on Pete. 

It's all very stupid. 

Beto's problem was Warren, which split the cultural appropriator vote.

Edited by clapclapclap
And now she's down to a 1/1024 chance of winning the nomination.
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't think we should take John Legend seriously at all, which is why it's funny that he has a better understanding of it than Pete Buttigieg.

You know except for the fact that Medicare would be available for that fired worker.

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

I like that Ryan Grim guy’s strategy, though.  “Bernie’s plans will never become actual law, so rest assured and vote Bernie.”  

instead of leopards eating people's faces it's the kittens drinking tea by the fire party

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Pete is saying Medicare 4 All Who Want It, so the union person could still opt for the government plan anyway if that’s what they want.  So, what is the point of telling Pete Buttigieg that a union worker could lose his job, and how is that owning Pete?  Pete’s only point is that they still have the choice for the union benefits under his plan if they like those better, but there is no choice under Bernie’s plan.

I like that Ryan Grim guy’s strategy, though.  “Bernie’s plans will never become actual law, so rest assured and vote Bernie.”  

Are you not inspired by "big ideas with no chance of implementation!" 

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Pete is saying Medicare 4 All Who Want It, so the union person could still opt for the government plan anyway if that’s what they want. 

The idea that Pete's plan would "protect" private insurance plans is laughable. It would dramatically alter the private insurance market, and unless M4AWWI has legislation involved that literally requires private insurers to maintain existing plans at existing rates frozen in time, there is no protection for those plans.

John Legend doesn't really understand unions and Pete's sales job is a lie.

Just now, shnsajax said:

He would never show and the Q's would site that there was worry that the gays can spread the corona virus by simply looking at you unless it over 100 degrees outside. 

Gays are more powerful when its over 100 degrees.  Tank tops and short shorts. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Do you think M4AWWI would leave existing private health insurance plans intact?

So, the official position of the Democratic Party is to forcibly take away everyone's health plan, nationalize and entire industry, and force everyone into Medicare, which already has funding problems?

That'll go over really well.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Do you think M4AWWI would leave existing private health insurance plans intact?

Private plans will have to adjust to a new market player accordingly.  If Pete and the rest of those that support MFA are right there very well may be a natural run off of the private market.  Note however that market forces would dictate that not the government.  It’s also possible that private plans get better as a result and remain a preferred option.  Let’s stop acting like the government runs everything like Chic-Fil-A runs their drive through.

7 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Private plans will have to adjust to a new market player accordingly.

So will M4AWWI "protect" existing health insurance plans as Pete Buttigieg says?

It's a yes or no. You can add more detail, but the start is, "Yes, ..." or "No, ..."

Note however that market forces would dictate that not the government.

How can market forces determine something that involves such a massive disruption by the government?

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

I’m enjoying bad_teammate’s argument that unions would be incapable of negotiating any heath benefits for their members above the bare minimum imposed by law.   I guess it’s a miracle union workers make more than minimum wage.

On the plus side for conservatives, we will apparently get Bernie Bros onboard with right to work states at this rate.  All it took was for unions to oppose something Bernie proposed.

Who is your preferred candidate?  Curious - thanks!!!

Just now, longhornmatt said:

I’m enjoying bad_teammate’s argument that unions would be incapable of negotiating any heath benefits for their members above the bare minimum imposed by law.

I'm sure they could negotiate all kinds of things.

Pete Buttigieg says that M4AWWI would protect their existing plans. I am simply asking whether or not that's true.

Because they love their existing plans, right? So can they keep their existing plans under M4AWWI?

On the plus side for conservatives, we will apparently get Bernie Bros onboard with right to work states at this rate.  All it took was for unions to oppose something Bernie proposed.

Unions don't oppose Bernie. :)

44 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Given that CBA's don't run concurrently with presidential election cycles, and could contractually go beyond 2020, the answer is yes, all things being equal.

This is also largely true for M4A, yes?

But let's say there's a plan the workers just adore and M4AWWI passes and the next year the CBA is up... does M4AWWI protect that plan?