2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

10 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Went to a Bloomberg event tonight.  (It was close and free and I knew they wouldn't ask for money.  They were even giving away free merch.)  Lots of Bern protesters and they were complete jackasses.  Why are you protesting someone in your own party?  Group of them were on the sidewalk screaming at people as they walked by.  One was wearing a pickle suit.

Great way to win friends and influence people.

Damn, people protesting? What is this, America?

Just now, GSU&UT said:

Damn, people protesting? What is this, America?

Why show up on an otherwise perfectly good evening and scream at people?  You're not converting anyone, you're just harassing them.

Best part was that in addition to the Bern protestors, there are some hard core pro-life types with placards and all.  They were equally as dickish.  After the event, the Bern people and the pro-lifers were hanging out with their respective placards talking to each other.  (Strange bedfellows.)  Two Bern guys were still screaming at people, though.

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

Why show up on an otherwise perfectly good evening and scream at people?  You're not converting anyone, you're just harassing them.

Best part was that in addition to the Bern protestors, there are some hard core pro-life types with placards and all.  They were equally as dickish.  After the event, the Bern people and the pro-lifers were hanging out with their respective placards talking to each other.  (Strange bedfellows.)  Two Bern guys were still screaming at people, though.

Are you in Arkansas? Because I just saw a tweet where Bernie protesters were at an Arkansas Bloomberg event.

I know you hate Bernie dude, but you really need to step back and take notice of who Bloomberg is and what he represents. I don't care what he says now, he would absolutely depress turnout and actually has the least favorability amongst all the candidates. His only strategy according to his team is to hope for a brokered convention which is going to cause massive problems for the nominee if it isn't the one with the most delegates.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/democratic-debate-south-carolina-poll/

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Texas voters on ethnic lines, per a UH study

87753429_10159632033877942_8739220353764

Asians and CACs love Warren. (Cracka Ass Crackas)

Latinos feel the Bern.

Bleks bigtime for Biden.

Lol Mayo, Lol Klob.

IMO, Old and middle aged blacks are going for Biden and Bloomberg. Bernie has the young Hispanics locked up and they have big numbers. I also think he is getting the majority of young black voters.  Bernie and Liz split the middle aged and older Hispanics along with Joe getting a few.  My guess is Bloomberg is splitting the old latinos with Biden. 

I don't know what falls in Others aside from Asians and Native Americans?  Middle Eastern decent? Liz is getting a good number of them. I had a few of Asians on my call list but they didn't pick up. 

9 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

as long as we live in a world with camera phones and social media, there will be seemingly pointless protests. 20 years ago, this wouldn’t be a thing. 

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

as long as we live in a world with camera phones and social media, there will be seemingly pointless protests. 20 years ago, this wouldn’t be a thing. 

Yeah, the Bern people had a FB check in.  Something like "Protests against racist oligarchs" or something.  I'm sure they felt important afterwards.

11 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Are you in Arkansas? Because I just saw a tweet where Bernie protesters were at an Arkansas Bloomberg event.

I know you hate Bernie dude, but you really need to step back and take notice of who Bloomberg is and what he represents. I don't care what he says now, he would absolutely depress turnout and actually has the least favorability amongst all the candidates. His only strategy according to his team is to hope for a brokered convention which is going to cause massive problems for the nominee if it isn't the one with the most delegates.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/democratic-debate-south-carolina-poll/

Yeah, the Bern protestors were about five people and same with the pro lifers.  The crowd was about 500 and all upscale liberal types that didn't know what to think about a guy in a pickle suit yelling at them as their husbands wrapped their arm around their fur coats as they clutched their LV purses.  Average age prolly 60.  (No one OLD, though.)  I guess that's what a rally for a billionaire plutocrat looks like.  

36 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Went to a Bloomberg event tonight.  (It was close and free and I knew they wouldn't ask for money.  They were even giving away free merch.)  Lots of Bern protesters and they were complete jackasses.  Why are you protesting someone in your own party?  Group of them were on the sidewalk screaming at people as they walked by.  One was wearing a pickle suit.

Great way to win friends and influence people.

Was it in Columbus, Ohio?

4 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Damn, five leftist and pro-life protesters for each group? Sounds stressful, very pearl-clutching kind of environment.

Very pearl clutching to Buffy.  

Pro lifer got in Mrs. Aqua Buddha's space.  He was insisting that she take a pamphlet of some kind.  He said "Aren't you open minded?"

"No, we're not every open minded,"  I said.  He looked confused at left.

Bern supporter later shouted at us that Bloomberg was going to stop and frisk me.  "Not me, he won't."

He looked confused, too.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about that. Do I think they're going to change anyone's minds? Probably not, maybe even piss you off to vote against whatever for spite. But this is the United States and it isn't going to kill you to be uncomfortable for a few seconds and if you believe the US is a great country then you should be happy to see people exercising their right to express free speech.

Just now, GSU&UT said:

Sorry to hear about that. Do I think they're going to change anyone's minds? Probably not, maybe even piss you off to vote against whatever for spite. But this is the United States and it isn't going to kill you to be uncomfortable for a few seconds and if you believe the US is a great country then you should be happy to see people exercising their right to express free speech.

Are there any supporters of other Dem campaigns showing up at Bern events screaming at people?  (Serious question.)

"Fuck you" is actually very good at demoralizing people who plan on doing something you find distasteful. I know the tough guy response is to say, "IT JUST FIRMS MY RESOLVE" but it doesn't work that way for most people.

The goal isn't to convert Bloomberg supporters who work for the owners of Chinese sweatshops who make $7 sweatpants for Wal-Mart, it's to just completely squash any kind of enthusiasm they might have been feeling about the oligarch's candidacy.

4 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Are there any supporters of other Dem campaigns showing up at Bern events screaming at people?  (Serious question.)

Not sure, there sure as hell have been multiple protests about various issues though. At Bernie's rally in Richmond Virginia there were weird Q-Anon and Second Amendment gun nuts out in front of the gymnasium where he spoke.

Edited by GSU&UT

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

"Fuck you" is actually very good at demoralizing people who plan on doing something you find distasteful. I know the tough guy response is to say, "IT JUST FIRMS MY RESOLVE" but it doesn't work that way for most people.

The goal isn't to convert Bloomberg supporters who work for the owners of Chinese sweatshops who make $7 sweatpants for Wal-Mart, it's to just completely squash any kind of enthusiasm they might have been feeling about the oligarch's candidacy.

You obviously don't know how to read people then.

12 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Not sure, there sure as hell have been multiple protests about various issues though. At Bernie's rally in Richmond Virginia there were weird Q-Anon and Second Amendment gun nuts out in front of the gymnasium where he spoke.

I could live to be 150 and I'll never understand protestors.  There's some event and you show up to scream at people that you'd otherwise be nice to in the line at a coffee shop.

25 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

do you really think that's their goal?  to squash enthusiasm?  is that a realistic goal?

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

do you really think that's their goal?  to squash enthusiasm?  is that a realistic goal?

Of course it's not.  It's like their goal at the convention isn't to broker deals to make Bern the nominee.  It's to raise hell and cause chaos.

I wonder who would benefit from that......

1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:

IMO, Old and middle aged blacks are going for Biden and Bloomberg. Bernie has the young Hispanics locked up and they have big numbers. I also think he is getting the majority of young black voters.  Bernie and Liz split the middle aged and older Hispanics along with Joe getting a few.  My guess is Bloomberg is splitting the old latinos with Biden. 

I don't know what falls in Others aside from Asians and Native Americans?  Middle Eastern decent? Liz is getting a good number of them. I had a few of Asians on my call list but they didn't pick up. 

"Others" is mostly Asians but also people of mixed-race. The rest of your assessment gibes with my general observations. 

16 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

Desperation is a stinky cologne...

Sucks cause I really like Liz, but at least she’s not a leaf in the breeze on policy like Pete.

This. It's pretty much impossible to defend. I get why her campaign is doing it but it really undercuts their message.

Just now, longhornmatt said:

That’s not a dangerous and short sighted philosophy at all.

Did you get mad when you saw BLM protestors block highways and sporting venues?

It's like some of you don't understand what protests are and think they should happen in the morning on a Saturday after getting a permit from the city.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Did you get mad when you saw BLM protestors block highways and sporting venues?

It's like some of you don't understand what protests are and think they should happen in the morning on a Saturday after getting a permit from the city.

So, is Bern on the same side as other Dem candidates?

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

So, is Bern on the same side as other Dem candidates?

You're trying to twist this as hard as you can to being a partisan thing when we're talking about what a protest is. If you're inconvenienced, just like the pro-life people yelling at you, then you may, just may, take a second to think about what their message is that they'd go to such lengths to demonstrate.

Do you think Bernie is personally giving the order to protest nationwide or something? 

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Went to a Bloomberg event tonight.  (It was close and free and I knew they wouldn't ask for money.  

What part of Bloomberg’s message resonated with you? Stop and Frisk? Pouring money into Liz  Warren’s Senate opponent?  His love of hostile work environment? His love of Chinese dictators?  His transphobia? 

Or do you just like how he treats protestors? 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/02/what-bloomberg-did-rnc-protesters/607030/?fbclid=IwAR3npNSiZKu-R9Mqy3SOucTsn87xSL2jrDMyO2OtIweeHxzeh8KQUkwCEJA

What Bloomberg Did to Peaceful Protesters

At the 2004 Republican National Convention, he presided over dubious arrests.

Conor FriedersdorfFebruary 25, 2020

Staff writer at The Atlantic

Michael Bloomberg has come under attack for his past comments about women and support for stop-and-frisk policing. But his rivals have yet to raise a lesser-known part of his record that could be as damaging: When last in power, Bloomberg presided over the mistreatment of Democrats who sought to protest Republicans, violating the constitutional rights of hundreds of dissenters.

At the time, Bloomberg was a first-term Republican mayor of New York. The GOP hoped that holding the 2004 Republican National Convention in the city, a site of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, would help reelect George W. Bush. Protests in deep-blue New York were inevitable. Bloomberg had months to prepare.

Annie Lowrey: Just how rich is Michael Bloomberg?

And he did. Nearly as soon as the convention location was announced, the police department that Bloomberg presided over launched a secret mission to infiltrate protest groups, The New York Times later reported:

For at least a year before the 2004 Republican National Convention, teams of undercover New York City police officers traveled to cities across the country, Canada and Europe to conduct covert observations of people who planned to protest at the convention, according to police records and interviews.

From Albuquerque to Montreal, San Francisco to Miami, undercover New York police officers attended meetings of political groups, posing as sympathizers or fellow activists, the records show.

Some people planned to break the law during protests, but in hundreds of secret reports, the NYPD “chronicled the views and plans of people who had no apparent intention of breaking the law,” including “members of street theater companies, church groups and antiwar organizations, as well as environmentalists and people opposed to the death penalty, globalization and other government policies.”

Spying was just the beginning.

About a month before the convention, district-court Judge Robert W. Sweet ruled that the NYPD had been unconstitutionally restricting access to early demonstrations, and unlawfully confining demonstrators in pens and searching them. The judge’s ruling barred the use of those tactics at the RNC proper.

7 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

What part of Bloomberg’s message resonated with you? Stop and Frisk? Pouring money into Liz  Warren’s Senate opponent?  His love of hostile work environment? His love of Chinese dictators?  His transphobia? 

Or do you just like how he treats protestors? 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/02/what-bloomberg-did-rnc-protesters/607030/?fbclid=IwAR3npNSiZKu-R9Mqy3SOucTsn87xSL2jrDMyO2OtIweeHxzeh8KQUkwCEJA

Competence.  Bloomberg ran two giant organizations effectively.  You're telling me that Bern can't even control his own supporters.

18 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

You're trying to twist this as hard as you can to being a partisan thing when we're talking about what a protest is. If you're inconvenienced, just like the pro-life people yelling at you, then you may, just may, take a second to think about what their message is that they'd go to such lengths to demonstrate.

Do you think Bernie is personally giving the order to protest nationwide or something? 

I'm not giving any credence to some guy wearing a fucking pickle suit with a sign saying "Bernie is the Real Dill."

48 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Competence.  Bloomberg ran two giant organizations effectively.  You're telling me that Bern can't even control his own supporters.

Bloomberg has far better business acumen than the rest of the field, and his policies are favorable for job growth and economic expansion.  Would happily vote for him.

Biden is the closest candidate to my man Barack Obama - best goddamn president in our lifetime and wouldn't mind seeing a return to the 2008-2016 days.   

• Like 2