NCAA Basketball 2023-24

shadow_operative

8 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Final Four in 2021 followed by back-to-back Sweet Sixteens and a conference championship last year. Yeah, the dude sucks.

7 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

They have 1 upperclassmen in their rotation and 3 on their roster. They were 19-12 in the year before the FF and back-to-back SS teams lead by Jaquez, Campbell, Benard, and Juzang (transfer). I imagine they will be better next year.

We might look the same next year with Weaver, Johnson, Johnson, Pryor, Scott, and Codie.  really need Mitchell, Shedrick, and Onyema to return and go get another portal wing.

7 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Solid win.

I’ve always liked Cronin and have stated here many times. Saw his teams in person during Big East play. Always tough. I had forgotten the Final Four and Sweet Sixteens. Didn’t realize they were so inexperienced. Life gets in the way sometimes.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Fuck Juwan Howard in the goatass. 

Made me remember he got tossed from Tech-Mich game at the Atlantis tournament.

Problem was Howard wasn’t even coaching. He was sitting out the game, and still running his whining ass mouth.

5 hours ago, Underdog said:

Larry Bird U gets ranked for first time since… well, Larry Bird era then proceeds to lose next game. 

To a really shitty Illinois State nonetheless.  Radio guys here in Indy saying they don't think Indiana State makes the dance if they don't win out/win their conference tourney.  Not sure I'd be that pessimistic, but that loss is really bad.

Ohio State has fired Chris Holtmann, ending his tenure as the Buckeyes' men's basketball coach just shy of his seventh season in Columbus.

The school announced the firing Wednesday and said associate head coach Jake Diebler will serve as the Buckeyes' interim head coach for the rest of the season.

"I want to express my appreciation toward Chris for the first-class program, and the well-respected program, he has run here at Ohio State," outgoing Ohio State athletics director Gene Smith said in a statement. "He and his wife, Lori, are wonderful people. I thank each of them for their seven years here in Columbus and I wish them well."

Holtmann had four years remaining on his contract, which ran through the 2027-28 season. Ohio State still owes Holtmann more than $14 million in guaranteed salary, sources told ESPN.

New athletic director Ross Bjork will lead the search for Holtmann's replacement. Bjork will not officially start as Ohio State's AD until July, but the school announced Wednesday that he will begin an interim role in the athletic department on March 1 as a senior adviser to Smith.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39525180/sources-chris-holtmann-ohio-state-basketball-coach

2 hours ago, BlueGreySky said:

To a really shitty Illinois State nonetheless.  Radio guys here in Indy saying they don't think Indiana State makes the dance if they don't win out/win their conference tourney.  Not sure I'd be that pessimistic, but that loss is really bad.

Would be a great story if they make the dance.