2006-09 Florida Gators Will have an Untold episode "Swamp Kings"

Vic Mackey

• 2 months later...

This is getting shredded in media reviews, maybe a worse puffing than Manziel. I can tell by the lighting of the Urban/Tebow/Finebaum sit-downs that this would make me vomit if I watched it. But perhaps some of you brave souls can share the worst parts here

11 minutes ago, Bartles said:

This is getting shredded in media reviews, maybe a worse puffing than Manziel. I can tell by the lighting of the Urban/Tebow/Finebaum sit-downs that this would make me vomit if I watched it. But perhaps some of you brave souls can share the worst parts here

There are no worse parts, it's literally just a fluff piece.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yep. I watched episode one and it was all about Urban "instilling discipline" and "hating losing". They talk about him winning on the recruiting trail but dont mention him doing a bunch of shady shit to pay players and get dumbasses with no business being on a college campus eligible for school.

It was dumb and just makes me hate the NCAA even more because while this was going on they very conveniently didnt notice.

1 hour ago, Bartles said:

Manziel’s wasn’t a fluff piece, showed him to be an idiot loser. It even mentioned the domestic violence incident which I thought they wouldn’t do. 

I’m a Florida fan so I’ll watch this. Watched ep 1 last night and liked it.

I'm not at all a Florida fan and I found it pretty enjoyable, honestly.

I rooted for them in that first natty against Ohio State and then didn't root for them the rest of the way.  I wanted more about Aaron Hernandez, but I've kinda made up my mind about most of the guys featured in there, so it coming off as a way to make Urban look good didn't bother me.  It's pretty obvious who he is.  I think it did inadvertently show how callous he is even if they were trying not to.

Tebow comes off exactly the same as he always did.  Spikes come off exactly the same as he always did.  I found the storyline about those guys coming from wildly divergent places but finding a way to lead that squad fairly compelling.

Finebaum is the worst part by a mile.

They really should have gone much harder on Urban and whoever was in charge.  The rosters he recruited at UF ended up with something like 30 arrests including a bunch of felonies.

That said just as a show to be entertained by, it works for me.  I am not a huge NFL fan but if I have to choose between this and Hard Knocks season 20 featuring the Jets.  Again.  I'm going with this every time.

• Hook 'Em 1

Saw on CFB subreddit that a former player that posts there often was interviewed along with a bunch of others. 
The original title was Sinners and Saints but to get the Urban interviews for the doc, Urban got to dictate a lot of what went in and what player interviews were okay.

Lots of interviews with the players were cut and like everyone is stating, it's a basic PR piece for Urban's next job.

I thought this was going to be about all the off the field issues from the players, during and after college. And all the bad shit that surrounded them. Not a fluff piece on how awesome and great Urban was. I mean he was a great college coach but still. Not really what I wanted to see. No real desire to see it now.