What game in 24 are you Horns most excited about?

Tomatillo

1 hour ago, Tomatillo said:

Definitely not even top 5 in the league. You guys got off easy. Look at OU’s schedule. 

I concur we got a decent draw for year 1, but don't get it twisted. Three rivalry games all away from home plus Georgia and Florida at home is certainly no cakewalk. Don't forget we also go to Michigan in OOC play. I think the league took that into account in giving OU a tougher slate in conference since they play fuck all in OOC. All in all, I think it is a pretty fair schedule. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Park Gothic said:

I can already tell you're going to be one of those dumb motherfuckers unironically chanting "SECSECSEC" at DKR or whichever stadium you actually call home. Please go jerkoff somewhere else, you are shitting up an otherwise interesting thread. 

Get the discourteous language out of your system from the safety of your keyboard, amigo.  Just don't let it develop into a habitual thing to the point where your tongue creates trouble for the rest of your body in real life.  Such behavior may be the norm in your little bubble, but eventually you're going to run across someone who'll smile and call you "sir" while turning your ass inside out and making you wear it like a hat.

As for the Texas Longhorns football team, I'll be rooting for them regardless of who we're playing or what conference we're playing in.  It's not going to be a cakewalk in the SEC simply because "we're Texas."  We may have great success, and I hope we do, but it's not guaranteed.  If you actually read what I've posted, you'll see that I've never said we're going fail, only that success isn't quite the guarantee some people seem to think it will be.  That's all.  Baylor and Kansas State have exactly as many Big 12 titles as we do, 3.  To suggest that we're somehow going to roll into the SEC and be instantly competitive absent some wholesale changes (which I certainly hope we've made and/or are making) is a little overly optimistic.  

Enjoy the rest of your day, sir.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

2 hours ago, Hondo said:

No, I have eyeballs and a little thing called objectivity.  I'm a UT homer as much as anyone; I just don't let it blind me.  I've said several times that I myself scoffed at the idea until I saw it with my own eyes over a 10-year period of getting a closeup look.  You'll see soon enough.  We couldn't dominate the Big 12 and we're going to be middle of the road in the SEC unless there's a fundamental shift in how we recruit and play football.  12 team playoff will help us sneak in once in awhile, but under the current system, we wouldn't sniff a CFP playing in the SEC.

Your eyes were probably deceiving you.

How do you explain Mizzou's 2 divisional titles? And aggy's best season being Year 1 with Johnny 8-Ball? You never addressed UM's middling success in your response.

2 hours ago, Tomatillo said:

Point remains. That was an Ark team with a new coaching staff. It’s not like they were elite. 

What some of you need to understand is playing SEC teams in meaningless bowls is not the same as in meaningful regular season games. You guys claim everyone in the Big XII plays Texas like it’s the Super Bowl, but fail to recognize Big XII teams play the SEC in bowls like it’s the SB. Not the same. 

Look at OU’s record in playoff games. Those are meaningful. 

I'm starting to wish you didn't wanna be here, either, Jawja.

Of course, "bowls are meaningless" after getting your asses handed to you in one. What an aggy-level take.

Soccer Mascot GIF by Texas Longhorns 

Edited by DFW Horn
piling on

44 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Get the discourteous language out of your system from the safety of your keyboard, amigo.  Just don't let it develop into a habitual thing to the point where your tongue creates trouble for the rest of your body in real life.  Such behavior may be the norm in your little bubble, but eventually you're going to run across someone who'll smile and call you "sir" while turning your ass inside out and making you wear it like a hat.

As for the Texas Longhorns football team, I'll be rooting for them regardless of who we're playing or what conference we're playing in.  It's not going to be a cakewalk in the SEC simply because "we're Texas."  We may have great success, and I hope we do, but it's not guaranteed.  If you actually read what I've posted, you'll see that I've never said we're going fail, only that success isn't quite the guarantee some people seem to think it will be.  That's all.  Baylor and Kansas State have exactly as many Big 12 titles as we do, 3.  To suggest that we're somehow going to roll into the SEC and be instantly competitive absent some wholesale changes (which I certainly hope we've made and/or are making) is a little overly optimistic.  

Enjoy the rest of your day, sir.

th?id=OIP.aOUHXPO05K0Zdr9Kg_-1NwHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

• Haha 8

22 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Your eyes were probably deceiving you.

How do you explain Mizzou's 2 divisional titles? And aggy's best season being Year 1 with Johnny 8-Ball? You never addressed UM's middling success in your response.

You're pointing to exceptions (1 successful season by Texas A&M when they had a historic player - first freshman to win the Heisman - and 2 seasons by Missouri) to disprove the rule?

All good.  You have your opinion and I have mine.  We'll find out soon enough, beginning next year.  After 5 years, we'll have enough of a trend to see what's what.  Nothing will tell the story like an aggregate Win/Loss record.

I'm pumped to see games like Texas - Florida/Georgia/A&M/Arkansas/LSU regularly.  If I'm wrong and we kick everybody's ass, then that'll be icing on the cake.  I hope we do.

• Fuck You 6

Georgia in DKR at primetime without the BIG NOON KICKOFF fuckery. Easy.

Least excited for Arkansas. Only SEC venue I have no interest in going to, and that’s saying something. Plus we just went there. Guess it can’t be worse than last time… at least KJ should be gone?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hondo said:

You're pointing to exceptions (1 successful season by Texas A&M when they had a historic player - first freshman to win the Heisman - and 2 seasons by Missouri) to disprove the rule?

All good.  You have your opinion and I have mine.  We'll find out soon enough, beginning next year.  After 5 years, we'll have enough of a trend to see what's what.  Nothing will tell the story like an aggregate Win/Loss record.

I'm pumped to see games like Texas - Florida/Georgia/A&M/Arkansas/LSU regularly.  If I'm wrong and we kick everybody's ass, then that'll be icing on the cake.  I hope we do.

What "disproves the rule" was aggy and Mizzou's almost immediate success with personnel built to compete and win in the Big 12.

I'm not saying the SEC won't be a difficult league to win. Their best teams have oftentimes been better than the Big 12's. But, top to bottom the league isn't any tougher IMO. The Big 12 isn't "soft" like the ESPN talking heads will have you believe.

Sark needed to upgrade the roster, especially the O-Line and D-Line, to win period. Regardless of UT's affiliation. The athletic department aspires to national championships and didn't see it happening under Strong and Herman.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, ATXhorn17 said:

We really need Steve to win 10 in ‘23 to ensure our roster keeps trending in the right direction.

Really no reason we shouldn't.  10-2 or 9-3 followed by a bowl win should be considered par with this returning team and that schedule.

I think 11-1 and conference champs is very doable, esp while ou is rebuilding.

12 hours ago, Hondo said:

Bowl games aren't indicative of running the gauntlet of an SEC schedule every week for an entire season.  I'll quote myself below to answer your question. 

Look, I'm not dogging UT or rooting against us for whatever reason.  I'm just telling you the SEC and the Big 12 ain't the same - and anyone thinking it won't be much tougher is in for a surprise.  And hell, we haven't done all that great in the Big 12 for starters.  IF Sarkisian has been recruiting with the SEC in mind and we're willing to adopt a blue collar attitude vs. "we're Texas; we're a blue blood", we'll be okay.  If we think we're just going to roll into the conference and have success because "we're Texas", well, they 

It's like a guy who "has done martial arts his whole life and is 78-0 in tournaments" going to prison.  The baddest MFer on the block never took Karate/TKD/BJJ...he's just been fighting all his life and wants to kill you.  IF martial arts guy gets lucky and wins, it'll be one of those fights where you win but it still feels like you lost.  And then you gotta do it again with the next guy...and the next guy...and the next guy.  That's an SEC football schedule.  The Texas we're all used to is Mr. Karate.  The Texas that succeeds in the SEC is Mr. Karate after he's been in prison for 10 years and is now the meanest MFer around.

My wife is a Georgia fan.  Been to plenty of SEC games. The only difference is that there are more teams with talent (but not nearly all) and the refs do let more late hits and dirty play go. 

6 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

I'm not saying the SEC won't be a difficult league to win. Their best teams have oftentimes been better than the Big 12's. But, top to bottom the league isn't any tougher IMO. The Big 12 isn't "soft" like the ESPN talking heads will have you believe.

Sark needed to upgrade the roster, especially the O-Line and D-Line, to win period. Regardless of UT's affiliation. The athletic department aspires to national championships and didn't see it happening under Strong and Herman.

The bolded part is the only part of your post that I disagree with, and why that's such a contentious point of view (not just with you, in general) is beyond me.  Hell, I've even stipulated that on a game-by-game basis anything can happen.  But as the sample size gets larger and larger, the average of the outcomes/results tends to revert to the expected (law of large numbers and all that jazz). 

In 27 years, the Big 12 has had 6 winning seasons against the SEC.

The Big 12 is 42% against the SEC, 38% in bowl games. 

Texas is 48% against the SEC, slightly better than the conference as a whole.

In the and 2000s and 2010s, when most of the games were played, the Big 12 was 41%. 

In the 90s, 40%. 

In the 2020s, 55% (small sample size - 11 games, 6-5 record).

The entire Big 12 as a whole has a losing (or even) record against:

-Alabama (33%)

-Arkansas (32%)

-Auburn (25%)

-Florida (50%)

-Georgia (27.3%)

-LSU (25%)

-Ole Miss (47%)

-Texas A&M (25%)

-Vanderbilt (50%)

The entire Big 12 as a whole has a winning record against:

-Mississippi State (63%)

-Missouri (67%)

-South Carolina (100%)

-Tennessee (75%)

My argument has always been that "Big 12 Texas" will have a difficult time in the SEC.  Not "Texas will get crushed", but rather "if it's the same old Texas from the last 15 years, 7-1 or 6-2 in the SEC is overly optimistic and 4-4 wouldn't be surprising."  Any other argument attributed to me is a straw man - debate/refute it if one wants, but it won't be against any argument I've made.

A new and improved Texas, built for the SEC, might have great success.  But it will take some wholesale changes to recruiting, style, mentality, etc.  It appears a lot of that is taking place, which is a good thing.  

We'll see.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Hondo said:

Uh. The only two big 12 teams to play a full SEC schedule did better than in the Big 12.   So you don’t have anything but the same bs eyeball test pollsters and ESPN use. 

As for us, we haven’t been kicking ass in the Big 12.   So yes.  We need to get better. 

17 minutes ago, bullet said:

Uh. The only two big 12 teams to play a full SEC schedule did better than in the Big 12.   So you don’t have anything but the same bs eyeball test pollsters and ESPN use. 

As for us, we haven’t been kicking ass in the Big 12.   So yes.  We need to get better. 

There's 27 years of data in the post right above yours.  You'll have to read/comprehend/process vs. feeling/reacting, but it's there for your consumption if you're willing to put the effort into it.

No, we haven't been kicking ass in the Big 12 (I think we're actually 70% or so in Big 12, but not a ton of recent success)...which hasn't been kicking ass against the SEC...yet it's apparently insane to suggest that we might not waltz in there and dominate without changing some things about ourselves.

Edited by Hondo
  • Fuck You 4

2 hours ago, Hondo said:

It's not going to be a cakewalk in the SEC simply because "we're Texas."  We may have great success, and I hope we do, but it's not guaranteed.  If you actually read what I've posted, you'll see that I've never said we're going fail, only that success isn't quite the guarantee some people seem to think it will be.  That's all.  Baylor and Kansas State have exactly as many Big 12 titles as we do, 3.  To suggest that we're somehow going to roll into the SEC and be instantly competitive absent some wholesale changes (which I certainly hope we've made and/or are making) is a little overly optimistic.  

Beginning to smell sorta aggy in here.

The bolded are all Aggiespeak. 

Nobody says it will be either a cakewalk or that success is guaranteed. No Longhorn says we win because "we're Texas." We're more likely to say we'll never win with this horrible coach (whoever is coach at the time) and we should be better if we're actually Texas. We're Texas was a campaign about the achievements as the University as a whole. It's still a great public university.

The real giveaway is the thing about Texas even being competitive without "some wholesale" changes. After scratching your head about the quoted oxymoron, put this through the translator and it's yet another way to say, "you're not SEC ready."

Please, Hondo, don't saunter up to me all friendly-like and make a hat out of my ass. That's the kind of manly manfulness that Aggies mimic.  But I'm sure you're the real manly deal. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 8

8 minutes ago, Hondo said:

There's 27 years of data in the post right above yours.  You'll have to read/comprehend/process vs. feeling/reacting, but it's there for your consumption if you're willing to put the effort into it.

No, we haven't been kicking ass in the Big 12 (I think we're actually 70% or so in Big 12, but not a ton of recent success)...which hasn't been kicking ass against the SEC...yet it's apparently insane to suggest that we might not waltz in there and dominate without changing some things about ourselves.

Here’s a fact. Nick Saban, annoyed, admitted a few years back HE had to adjust his recruiting to compete with Big 12 type teams. He was having to get smaller and quicker d linemen and linebackers.  And he had to shift to more of a passing attack.  Mizzou and Aggy gave other SEC schools ideas. 

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Nobody says it will be either a cakewalk or that success is guaranteed. No Longhorn says we win because "we're Texas." We're more likely to say we'll never win with this horrible coach (whoever is coach at the time) and we should be better if we're actually Texas. We're Texas was a campaign about the achievements as the University as a whole. It's still a great public university.

The real giveaway is the thing about Texas even being competitive without "some wholesale" changes. After scratching your head about the quoted oxymoron, put this through the translator and it's yet another way to say, "you're not SEC ready."

Please, Hondo, don't saunter up to me all friendly-like and make a hat out of my ass. That's the kind of manly manfulness that Aggies mimic.  But I'm sure you're the real manly deal. 

spacer.png

Have you read this thread and the SEC schedule thread?  Quite a few 7-1, 6-2 predictions, "we should do XYZ with that schedule", etc.  Swing and a miss.  You're sitting 0-1.

"We're Texas" isn't a literal reason I'm giving for people assuming we're going to be successful in the SEC.  It's a placeholder summarization of the expectation of winning without anything of much substance backing up the expectation.  We ARE Texas.  We ARE a college football blue blood.  We ARE one of the most recognizable brands on the planet.  It's cool as hell to be a part of it.  But that's not enough and hasn't been enough for quite awhile now.  Call it a foul ball, still 0-1.  

Texas not being competitive without some wholesale changes is backed up by the numbers.  Unemotional...numbers.  The only way it equates to "you're not SEC ready" is if the changes have not been made.  I haven't made an argument that the changes have not been made and that we're not ready - actually, I've specifically stated that it seems Sark has been recruiting in preparation for the move.  If so, then we could certainly be SEC ready.  Strike 2 looking.  0-2.

Calling me an Aggie gets a 100mph fastball right in your ear hole, but you swung at it so it's strike 3.

• Fuck You 5

12 minutes ago, bullet said:

Here’s a fact. Nick Saban, annoyed, admitted a few years back HE had to adjust his recruiting to compete with Big 12 type teams. He was having to get smaller and quicker d linemen and linebackers.  And he had to shift to more of a passing attack.  Mizzou and Aggy gave other SEC schools ideas. 

I'd love to see that interview.  Alabama has a 67% winning percentage against the Big 12.  "We need to get smaller to be more like the teams we've been dominating in order to compete with them" is pretty illogical and Saban doesn't seem like an illogical guy.  Not saying it didn't happen, but I'd need to see that one for myself.

• Fuck You 4

11 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Have you read this thread and the SEC schedule thread?  Quite a few 7-1, 6-2 predictions, "we should do XYZ with that schedule", etc.  Swing and a miss.  You're sitting 0-1.

"We're Texas" isn't a literal reason I'm giving for people assuming we're going to be successful in the SEC.  It's a placeholder summarization of the expectation of winning without anything of much substance backing up the expectation.  We ARE Texas.  We ARE a college football blue blood.  We ARE one of the most recognizable brands on the planet.  It's cool as hell to be a part of it.  But that's not enough and hasn't been enough for quite awhile now.  Call it a foul ball, still 0-1.  

Texas not being competitive without some wholesale changes is backed up by the numbers.  Unemotional...numbers.  The only way it equates to "you're not SEC ready" is if the changes have not been made.  I haven't made an argument that the changes have not been made and that we're not ready - actually, I've specifically stated that it seems Sark has been recruiting in preparation for the move.  If so, then we could certainly be SEC ready.  Strike 2 looking.  0-2.

Calling me an Aggie gets a 100mph fastball right in your ear hole, but you swung at it so it's strike 3.

tl;dr, Aggie.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

spacer.png

This is what's grating on me about this fucking guy.

He says "oh the SEC is on a different level, we're going to get our ass kicked. The best of the Big 12 couldn't break even in the SEC."

People respond by pointing out that the SEC is a few good teams with a bunch of average teams riding their coattails. That the middle of the SEC is no better than the middle of the Big 12. 

Instead of actually listening to what he's being told, he hears "We're Texas, the SEC is cakewalk, we are going to beat errybody" and instead of arguing against what was actually said, he argues against what he heard. 

Which, to your point, is classic fucking Aggie. 

• Hook 'Em 4

I don't know what Saban interview that was, but just before Bama started their decade+ of dominance, we saw Alabama's big run-stuffing safeties get spread out and beaten by Utah's little slot receivers.  A year or two later, Texas got them in a championship with similar offensive personnel and the guy who - at the time - was one of the most accurate QB in CFB history.  I think Texas wins that matchup more often than not, but Bama knocked him out of the game and won it.  Credit to them.  

But - to the point - those Bama teams of the late 2000's were built to beat LSU 6-3.  It's pretty obvious that Alabama is a completely different team on both sides of the ball now.  

I mean, there's no argument that the top teams in the SEC have had more NFL-caliber talent for a long time compared to those in the Big 12.  

But it's also hard to argue that in 2023, the SEC schematically looks a LOT more like the Big 12 of 2008, and not the other way around.  

Also, I think Texas will be fine.  

The overall level of competition will step up, but so will the overall talent level at Texas.  

I mean, barring a decimating run of injuries or portal departures, the Texas OL of 2024 will likely be one of the two- or three-best offensive lines in college football.... just loaded with 5-star athletic freaks.  

Compare that offensive line to the patchwork bunch of below-average JAGs on our 5-7 team that got embarrassed by Arkansas...   Those guys probably weren't in the top-60 offensive lines in CFB.  

After a more than a decade of trying to sell recruits on Strong/Herman and a second-tier league, Texas now has a chance to get back to the days of monster recruiting classes like the ones from 2000-2005 who were fixtures in the top-5.  

• Hook 'Em 1

It's awesome to think that DKR is finally going to be a loud stadium on a consistent basis. Nothing against the names like KSU or Baylor -- they beat us enough in the past decade to earn respect. But it's going to be an altogether different atmosphere when you're rolling out longtime big rivals and huge names like UGA and UF.

47 minutes ago, bullet said:

Which is why the sec changed, and the 2012 results from aggy and Mizzou aren’t as relevant.  The leagues are closer to each other style wise now, so I would expect average in the big 12 translates to average in the sec. If we can get to good this year, hopefully it translates to good next year in the sec though we expect to be breaking in a new qb again and that’s always a crapshoot. 

36 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

This is what's grating on me about this fucking guy.

He says "oh the SEC is on a different level, we're going to get our ass kicked. The best of the Big 12 couldn't break even in the SEC."

People respond by pointing out that the SEC is a few good teams with a bunch of average teams riding their coattails. That the middle of the SEC is no better than the middle of the Big 12. 

Instead of actually listening to what he's being told, he hears "We're Texas, the SEC is cakewalk, we are going to beat errybody" and instead of arguing against what was actually said, he argues against what he heard. 

Which, to your point, is classic fucking Aggie. 

Please quote the post where I said that.

You can’t…meaning you should apply the rest of your post (arguing against what you heard vs. against what was actually said) to yourself.  

Your lack of comprehension is absolutely stunning.  Aggie-like even.  

I posted 27 years’ worth of winning percentage vs. the SEC.  Unlike your drivel, numbers are unemotional.  They just sit there.  

• Fuck You 4

34 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Also, I think Texas will be fine.  

The overall level of competition will step up, but so will the overall talent level at Texas.  

I mean, barring a decimating run of injuries or portal departures, the Texas OL of 2024 will likely be one of the two- or three-best offensive lines in college football.... just loaded with 5-star athletic freaks.  

Compare that offensive line to the patchwork bunch of below-average JAGs on our 5-7 team that got embarrassed by Arkansas...   Those guys probably weren't in the top-60 offensive lines in CFB.  

After a more than a decade of trying to sell recruits on Strong/Herman and a second-tier league, Texas now has a chance to get back to the days of monster recruiting classes like the ones from 2000-2005 who were fixtures in the top-5.  

I don’t want to assume, so asking for clarification…

What do you mean when you say the overall level of competition will step up?

What do you mean by selling recruits on a second tier league?

Are you suggesting moving to the SEC is a step up for Texas?

• Fuck You 5

5 hours ago, Tomatillo said:

Point remains. That was an Ark team with a new coaching staff. It’s not like they were elite. 

What some of you need to understand is playing SEC teams in meaningless bowls is not the same as in meaningful regular season games. You guys claim everyone in the Big XII plays Texas like it’s the Super Bowl, but fail to recognize Big XII teams play the SEC in bowls like it’s the SB. Not the same. 

Look at OU’s record in playoff games. Those are meaningful. 

Jesus fucking Christ, how many of these condescending posts are we going to have to deal with from these Dixie cunts. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It's a great schedule. The three recently dominant teams in the SEC (Bama, UGA, LSU) are teams we've beaten (once) or stayed close with (the rest). Notably, Alabama knocked out our qb in those two games. Last year it was a filthy hit on Ewers to avoid him doing to them what he later did to OU.

A&M doing the same thing in the SEC that they did in the Big 12 is an instructive indicator. Their largely Big 12 team came close to winning the SEC in their first season. The Aggie players weren't being dragged off the field with compound fractures or unable to rise and play every game that season. 

Sorry, Tomatillo, your propaganda doesn't really hold up. Still, stick around and post during the season. Should be a hoot.

What propaganda? I don’t know what you guys are so worked up about, but welcome to the league. 

I’m glad you’re here and was pulling for Texas against bama last year. And yes, they did go after your QB twice. Dirty. 

If Sark gets elite QB play and has a couple WRs, the sky is the limit for Texas regardless of what league you’re in. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Jesus fucking Christ, how many of these condescending posts are we going to have to deal with from these Dixie cunts. 

What part of the country do you think Texas is in? Lol, some of you guys are so detached from reality it’s impossible even having a conversation lol. 

Here in Atlanta, we’ve moved on from those days. You should join us in the present. 

44 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Outside of UGA, Bama, and LSU the rest of the SEC is trash

And how would you describe the Big XII. 

Edited by Tomatillo

2 hours ago, bullet said:

It is true that the QB play and spread offenses of the Big XII are tough to handle. 

3 hours ago, bullet said:

My wife is a Georgia fan.  Been to plenty of SEC games. The only difference is that there are more teams with talent (but not nearly all) and the refs do let more late hits and dirty play go. 

Totally agree. I’m just curious why so many on here are still so angry about the SEC. 

I think half the league has played in a NY6 bowl recently and 4 have played for natties since 2013. It is not 2-3 teams and a bunch of garbage. 

1 hour ago, Hondo said:

No dishonor in disengaging/breaking contact when you’re getting your ass handed to you.  

The manner in which you did it is mildly amusing though.  

Too dumb; wish I hadn't read, Aggie.

Good luck in your manly claims to victory! We all admire your virile vitality. Probably came in handy on jizz jar night.

Where's Mr. Phlegm when you need him?

5 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I concur we got a decent draw for year 1, but don't get it twisted. Three rivalry games all away from home plus Georgia and Florida at home is certainly no cakewalk. Don't forget we also go to Michigan in OOC play. I think the league took that into account in giving OU a tougher slate in conference since they play fuck all in OOC. All in all, I think it is a pretty fair schedule. 

Good points. I think you guys got an easier draw than OU because Texas was the main reason for both schools getting the invite.

1 hour ago, Hondo said:

Are you suggesting moving to the SEC is a step up for Texas?

People have been saying that all along. This is the point about your poor listening skills. The Big 12 doesn't have UGA, Bama, and LSU. The SEC will become tougher with OU and Texas joining. A&M? Who gives a shit? Hope our presence isn't diminishing your pride in conference too much.

Cue the video.

• Hook 'Em 2

Fucking football is won on the lines, nowhere moreso than in college football.  We keep getting better there we will be fucking fine in the SEC SEC SEC.  

aggy walked in and did well not because of Johnny 8ball they did it because for all his faults as a head man Mike Sherman knew fucking line talent and had amassed a ton of talent on the O line there in particular before Rumlin pissed that all away. 

Teams with QBs like Zach Mettenberger, Jake from State Farm and Blake Sims have won SEC titles.

Keep getting and developing pipe hitting motherfuckers on the lines and we all good. 

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, Tomatillo said:

And how would you describe the Big XII. 

You don't see anybody here bragging about the dominance of the Big 12. The SECs top dogs are better than the Big 12's. Their bottom dogs are likely not as good as the Big 12. 

Nobody here loves the Big 12. We're just tired of the Aggies crowing about their conference as though they've done anything to add to its reputation since 2012. I'm not accusing you of being an Aggie, BTW. I think you're overestimating the difficulty Texas will have adapting to the new league, but that's not to say it won't pose challenges. 

There is no doubt it will be more fun playing better known schools. 

• Hook 'Em 3