What game in 24 are you Horns most excited about?

Tomatillo

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

You don't see anybody here bragging about the dominance of the Big 12. The SECs top dogs are better than the Big 12's. Their bottom dogs are likely not as good as the Big 12. 

Nobody here loves the Big 12. We're just tired of the Aggies crowing about their conference as though they've done anything to add to its reputation since 2012. I'm not accusing you of being an Aggie, BTW. I think you're overestimating the difficulty Texas will have adapting to the new league, but that's not to say it won't pose challenges. 

There is no doubt it will be more fun playing better known schools. 

Makes sense. Definitely not trying to be THAT SEC guy. Just giving some insight into the league. 

The Big XII was a really good football conference and an elite basketball and baseball league. I'm glad Texas is in our league. I've admired your school and program for years. The uniforms, Texas Fight and Bevo are all pretty iconic things in CFB and Austin is a truly amazing place. 

As I've maintained since posting on this board a couple years, you guys will come to really like this conference, although you will probably end up hating about half the teams lol. The biggest misconception is that we all like each other. That is far from the truth. 

Look forward to the game in '24. Hopefully, I'll be able to get over there and have some brisket with y'all. 

Edited by Tomatillo
  • Hook 'Em 6

4 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

ifs and buts were candies and nuts, we'd all have Christmas every day.

you never had the ball in the second half with a chance to take the lead.

Just sit down and pretend to have cramps more, pussy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hondo said:

No, I have eyeballs and a little thing called objectivity.  I'm a UT homer as much as anyone; I just don't let it blind me.  I've said several times that I myself scoffed at the idea until I saw it with my own eyes over a 10-year period of getting a closeup look.  You'll see soon enough.  We couldn't dominate the Big 12 and we're going to be middle of the road in the SEC unless there's a fundamental shift in how we recruit and play football.  12 team playoff will help us sneak in once in awhile, but under the current system, we wouldn't sniff a CFP playing in the SEC.

So when Mizzou won the conference division that was not an objective result?

Okay then.

19 minutes ago, Tomatillo said:

Makes sense. Definitely not trying to be THAT SEC guy. Just giving some insight into the league. 

The Big XII was a really good football conference and an elite basketball and baseball league. I'm glad Texas is in our league. I've admired your school and program for years. The uniforms, Texas Fight and Bevo are all pretty iconic things in CFB and Austin is a truly amazing place. 

As I've maintained since posting on this board a couple years, you guys will come to really like this conference, although you will probably end up hating about half the teams lol. The biggest misconception is that we all like each other. That is far from the truth. 

Look forward to the game in '24. Hopefully, I'll be able to get over there and have some brisket with y'all. 

As a life long Gator fan that graduated from Texas, fuck Georgia. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

People have been saying that all along. This is the point about your poor listening skills. The Big 12 doesn't have UGA, Bama, and LSU. The SEC will become tougher with OU and Texas joining. A&M? Who gives a shit? Hope our presence isn't diminishing your pride in conference too much.

Cue the video.

Is your "poor listening skills" claim based on what I've actually posted or what others have claimed I've posted?  

Nobody can quote a post of mine where I've said "Texas will get their asses kicked in the SEC."  All I've ever said and the only point I've ever made is that 7-1 or 6-2 in SEC play in 2024 is overly optimistic unless Texas adapts itself to suit SEC-style football.  That's it.  Somehow that spurred all kinds of emotional and nonsensical reactions, and a ton os straw man fallacies.  The strongest rebuttals have been to claims I haven't even made.  Talk about poor listening (reading) skills...

The SEC isn't my conference (well, I guess it will be in 2024).  I have plenty of paper and hardware that says "The University of Texas at Austin" on it and none from any SEC school...certainly not Texas A&M.  I simply don't think it'll be as easy as people think; not that I don't want it to happen or that it can't happen.  I just think success is conditional on a few things, namely a shift away from the old Big 12 Texas.  Last year's game against Alabama was pretty damn promising and if we stay on that trajectory, we'll be in good shape.

• Fuck You 2

52 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Been a while since the board crowd sourced someone, hasn't it

i-am-finished.gif

28 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Just fatwa Hondo.  Even if he isn't aggy, he cherry picks his data and states it as a static situation.  He is more negative than Satya or 6th St., but without years of being a member.  Fuck him.

These must be references to the internet version of "I can't handle this 1-on-1/directly, so go round up all the fellas."  Perhaps making a valid argument in lieu of calling people "cunts", "pussies", and "-fucks/fuckers" is too much to ask?  I'm guessing so since the board has a built in feature making it easy/convenient to say "fuck you" with a click of a button.  It's lazy, but hey, some of you need things dumbed down as much a possible. 

Have your internet fun, whatever that may be.  At the next tailgate, wear a shirt with your username on it, so you can stand behind your discourteous behavior face-to-face.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

8 minutes ago, Hondo said:

These must be references to the internet version of "I can't handle this 1-on-1/directly, so go round up all the fellas."  Perhaps making a valid argument in lieu of calling people "cunts", "pussies", and "-fucks/fuckers" is too much to ask?  I'm guessing so since the board has a built in feature making it easy/convenient to say "fuck you" with a click of a button.  It's lazy, but hey, some of you need things dumbed down as much a possible. 

Have your internet fun, whatever that may be.  At the next tailgate, wear a shirt with your username on it, so you can stand behind your discourteous behavior face-to-face.

Why don’t you take yourself a little less serious, you stupid fucking cunt waffle. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Putting you on ignore, but this "I'm the smartest, most clear-eyed guy in the room" bit you're running is poor strategy for a newbie.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Is your "poor listening skills" claim based on what I've actually posted or what others have claimed I've posted?  

Nobody can quote a post of mine where I've said "Texas will get their asses kicked in the SEC."  All I've ever said and the only point I've ever made is that 7-1 or 6-2 in SEC play in 2024 is overly optimistic unless Texas adapts itself to suit SEC-style football.  That's it.  Somehow that spurred all kinds of emotional and nonsensical reactions, and a ton os straw man fallacies.  The strongest rebuttals have been to claims I haven't even made.  Talk about poor listening (reading) skills...

The SEC isn't my conference (well, I guess it will be in 2024).  I have plenty of paper and hardware that says "The University of Texas at Austin" on it and none from any SEC school...certainly not Texas A&M.  I simply don't think it'll be as easy as people think; not that I don't want it to happen or that it can't happen.  I just think success is conditional on a few things, namely a shift away from the old Big 12 Texas.  Last year's game against Alabama was pretty damn promising and if we stay on that trajectory, we'll be in good shape.

You seem defensive, Aggie. Your English far exceeds most of your buddies, I'll give you that. I didn't read the above. You're likely accustomed to destroying other Aggies in argument. That's kind of like what Texas has done to the Aggies in every sport in a history with feet in three centuries. Our history and reputation relies not at all on those thrashings as they are never extraordinary.  

One of your stunningly brilliat techniques is hanging in there to get the last word. Go ahead and have it. I think I'm done with you for the time being. 

I hope you enjoyed playing asshole miliner, claiming specious victories, and being humorless. You're the king of your kind.

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Tomatillo said:

yeah, you kicked our asses. Congrats. 

Not that I thought you were an Aggie, but no Aggie could ever write those words. Confident people write truth when it's good or bad. Congrats on this great run of y'all. I imagine it took the sting out of losing to us in a non-playoff bowl game. 🙂

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Putting you on ignore, but this "I'm the smartest, most clear-eyed guy in the room" bit you're running is poor strategy for a newbie.

I can see how using complete sentences and attempting to articulate a point might seem high-brow in comparison to groupthink, strawman fallacies, and referring to those with opposing opinions as "cunts" (from safely behind a keyboard), etc.  I get it.  I'm the outlier here.  Y'all do your thing.

Go 'Horns.  Hook 'em.  

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

You seem defensive, Aggie. Your English far exceeds most of your buddies, I'll give you that. I didn't read the above. You're likely accustomed to destroying other Aggies in argument. That's kind of like what Texas has done to the Aggies in every sport in a history with feet in three centuries. Our history and reputation relies not at all on those thrashings as they are never extraordinary.  

One of your stunningly brilliat techniques is hanging in there to get the last word. Go ahead and have it. I think I'm done with you for the time being. 

I hope you enjoyed playing asshole miliner, claiming specious victories, and being humorless. You're the king of your kind.

Clearly.

• Fuck You 6

29 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Eat a dick, Sally

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Just sit down and pretend to have cramps more, pussy.

motherfucker, we have 5 straight years of scoreboard on your sorry ass.  so sit your ass in the corner and enjoy this…and please tell ALL of us how Bayou Billy’s going to lead y’all to better days.  

enjoy suckage in perpetuity, fucking lizard.  

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, TheContractor said:

Playing Aggie is always something to be excited and pumped about. We better be ready for the hate @ Aggy and @ Piggy. 

Also excited for UGA and UF at home. And @ Michigan. Cant forget the RRS.

Thats 6 big time games.  

Sark better be sure to let the team know that those aggy pussies were scared to play them at DKR.

"App State beat them in their house. Murder those idiots."

26 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

motherfucker, we have 5 straight years of scoreboard on your sorry ass.  so sit your ass in the corner and enjoy this…and please tell ALL of us how Bayou Billy’s going to lead y’all to better days.  

enjoy suckage in perpetuity, fucking lizard.  

10/10 shit talk. No notes

2 hours ago, Hondo said:

I've said "Texas will get their asses kicked in the SEC."  All I've ever said and the only point I've ever made is that 7-1 or 6-2 in SEC play in 2024 is overly optimistic unless Texas adapts itself to suit SEC-style football

I though the SEC had to adapt to Big12-style football once aggy and Missouri came in and exposed what a fraud "SEC Football" was?

Oh, and go fuck yourself with your mother's dick. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Sark needed to upgrade the roster, especially the O-Line and D-Line, to win period. Regardless of UT's affiliation. The athletic department aspires to national championships and didn't see it happening under Strong and Herman.

Thank you.  If I have to hear one more national CFB guy say that Sark has already been working on building an SEC roster

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

I though the SEC had to adapt to Big12-style football once aggy and Missouri came in and exposed what a fraud "SEC Football" was?

Oh, and go fuck yourself with your mother's dick. 

These are the takes that brought me to the forum.  Very informative and a wonderful representation of the University and its fan base.  Thank you.

• Fuck You 5

19 hours ago, Hondo said:

xD  Hey look, I'm all-in for UT football.  I hope we beat the snot out of everyone, run the table, and walk away with an SEC Championship and a Natty - all in year 1.  I'm just being realistic, based on personal observation and objectivity.  Those who haven't seen it for whatever reason will see it soon enough.  

Usage of "Natty" proves you're a troll.

• Hook 'Em 7

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Not that I thought you were an Aggie, but no Aggie could ever write those words. Confident people write truth when it's good or bad. Congrats on this great run of y'all. I imagine it took the sting out of losing to us in a non-playoff bowl game. 🙂

Hulk Hogan Handshake GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Deej said:

Hmmm.. who came over here to start shit? 

Quote the post where I “started shit.”  

It articulating my opinion, which is obviously not the popular one here (even though it’s hardly controversial if one actually reads what I wrote), and turning aside juvenile jackassery constitutes “starting shit”, then I’d suggest it’s a poor reflection on you.  

But I don’t suppose people who regress to emotional “fuck yous” and “cunts” because they lack the intellect and vocabulary to articulate a valid point/opinion have the ability to engage in self-reflection, so they neither know nor care how it makes them look.  

So you worry about yourself and I’ll worry about me.  Thanks.  

• Fuck You 4

You haven't articulated shit. Go back to TexAgs, or whatever shitty board you came from and tell all your idiot buddies how you "got them".

Have you ever sat there at dinner, disinterested in the substandard food on your plate, so you just kind of push it around with your fork, not really caring if the waiter comes and takes it away before you can eat it, and wondering if maybe the next course will be edible?

Your posts and all the others that attack the person instead of refuting the opinion/point with one of your own are kind of like if the Brussels sprouts could talk.

Edited by Hondo
  • Fuck You 4

3 minutes ago, Deej said:

Every asshole has one, and you are one giant asshole. 

I know you must be confounded when someone turns aside your boorish behavior without engaging in it themselves.  You're likely used to a bunch of empty talk and then having backup swoop in when you can't finish the job yourself.  It makes you look silly, but thankfully it's just internet username Deej and not the real you - although I suspect the real you feels a little bit inadequate deep down.

So...do you have anything Texas Longhorns Football related that you'd like to discuss, debate, comment on?  That's what I thought the message board was for, no?

• Fuck You 4

17 minutes ago, Hondo said:

I know you must be confounded when someone turns aside your boorish behavior without engaging in it themselves.  You're likely used to a bunch of empty talk and then having backup swoop in when you can't finish the job yourself.  It makes you look silly, but thankfully it's just internet username Deej and not the real you - although I suspect the real you feels a little bit inadequate deep down.

So...do you have anything Texas Longhorns Football related that you'd like to discuss, debate, comment on?  That's what I thought the message board was for, no?

Haha...keep showing your ass...

9 hours ago, Hondo said:

You're pointing to exceptions (1 successful season by Texas A&M when they had a historic player - first freshman to win the Heisman - and 2 seasons by Missouri) to disprove the rule?

All good.  You have your opinion and I have mine.  We'll find out soon enough, beginning next year.  After 5 years, we'll have enough of a trend to see what's what.  Nothing will tell the story like an aggregate Win/Loss record.

I'm pumped to see games like Texas - Florida/Georgia/A&M/Arkansas/LSU regularly.  If I'm wrong and we kick everybody's ass, then that'll be icing on the cake.  I hope we do.

Stop using "we". You are not a Texas fan. You think you come across as clever, but you really don't. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Deej said:

Stop using "we". You are not a Texas fan. You think you come across as clever, but you really don't. 

My season tickets and one of my diplomas would disagree.  I'll add a license plate bracket if that'll help my case.  

Does being a "true" Texas fan require having the same opinion as yours?  Do you need company so you feel safe and secure within the herd, your opinion validated by the group?  (It's okay that you're a leaf-eater.  No judgment from me.)

Or is it okay to venture out alone, form an independent thought based on personal experience and observation, then use that thought to formulate an opinion of one's very own and stand by it even thought it may not be popularly held by the herd animals?

What are the rules?  Enlighten me.

• Fuck You 3

Just now, Deej said:

Post your paystub, too, jackass.

You've already shown your stub (it certainly does explain some of your angsty and internet-tough behavior), but I'll politely decline.  You don't get to bray like a jackass and then start making demands.

What do the numbers look like?  26 or so more posts for me to reply to so you can click the "fuck you" button on each?  It'll be quicker if you rallied the rest of the gang and worked in a little pack.

• Fuck You 3

6 hours ago, Hondo said:

You've already shown your stub (it certainly does explain some of your angsty and internet-tough behavior), but I'll politely decline.  You don't get to bray like a jackass and then start making demands.

This isn’t Polite Horns, so

• Hook 'Em 6

@Michigan is gonna be great, but the game I'm looking forward to most is Kentucky. My uncles and cousins can all come down to Austin for it(they all live in Louisville and I haven't seen them in years). #LoneLonghorn

Also, my oldest uncle told me that DKR has always been on his bucket list. 

• Hook 'Em 1