Immaculate Grid

tokamak

Repped for Homer Bailey.  One of my former students who played in the minors trained with hm for awhile and said he was the most freakish athlete he had ever seen, could do standing backflips and walk on his hands with ease.

Also, I have zero recollection of Straw playing for SF.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Repped for Homer Bailey.  One of my former students who played in the minors trained with hm for awhile and said he was the most freaking athlete he had ever seen, could do standing backflips and walk on his hands with ease.

It's possible that I'm eskimo brothers with him. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

️ Immaculate Grid 110 9/9:
Rarity: 114
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

image.png.f47291a0e0debd14ecddd7a654d2f658.png

4 out of 5 NL again but I struggled with Cleveland.  I almost gave up on the center square but then I thought of dumbass Tavarez breaking his hand on the phone in the playoffs and I thought he had played for Cleveland but wasn't really sure.

• Hook 'Em 1

Need to not attempt as soon as I wake up.  My sleepy ass can't figure out which square is which...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9ea326b25ec3319570f807b5f34c0f72.png

It still seems insane that the Cardinals got Goldschmidt and Arenado for Weaver, Gomber, and a bunch of other scrubs.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Need to not attempt as soon as I wake up.  My sleepy ass can't figure out which square is which...

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.9ea326b25ec3319570f807b5f34c0f72.png

It still seems insane that the Cardinals got Goldschmidt and Arenado for Weaver, Gomber, and a bunch of other scrubs.

Playing the reverse side of those trades is a nice flex

• Hook 'Em 1

I finally did it!

️ Immaculate Grid 110 9/9:
Rarity: 132
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:
https://immaculategrid.com
@immaculategrid x @baseball_ref

Spoiler

image.png.21eb0a508881d63592ea0ce46b4a5228.png

Thank you Edwin Jackson for saving me. You can really tell most of my knowledge is from the 1990s when Baseball Tonight was required viewing.

19 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

That was a straight up guess for that one. 

Yeah he is 100% responsible for my first immaculate. I had nothing.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

You can really tell most of my knowledge is from the 1990s when Baseball Tonight was required viewing.

early 90s baseball card collecting has helped me out a lot - that and Roberto Alomar was one of my top 3 favorite players growing up. Dude was on every team. 

15 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

early 90s baseball card collecting has helped me out a lot - that and Roberto Alomar was one of my top 3 favorite players growing up. Dude was on every team. 

The fact he was on every team makes it hard for me to remember which teams he was on.

'Wait...I know he was on the Orioles, but didn't he come from Toronto? Or was it Cleveland? San Diego?' 

And then the fact he had a brother who also played for many of those teams...

Edited by Valmy77

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Steve Finley fit in more than one square today. I hate it when I pick the wrong guy for the wrong square. 

Yeah I hate it when I do that, especially for one of the stats or award winners category and then notice he was pretty much the only guy I knew of who would fit in some team based square.

• Rage+1 1

️ Immaculate Grid 111 8/9:
Rarity: 254
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩

Spoiler

I swear it's like anything that's happened in the last 10 years just goes straight out of my head when playing this.  Harris and Acuna were right there and I was debating between Dale Murphy, Andruw, and Chipper and guessed Chipper.  None of those 3 were right.

image.png.ffacd1b3e0ded460e815c3776c8b1c59.png

• Hook 'Em 2

Well that was fucking stupid lol. I thought it was a ROY who won MVP that same season and knew the number was low (which its 2...couldn't think of them) so just guessed a random ass old dude.

Oh come to find out it is anyone who won ROY and MVP during their career.

Fail

Rarity: 307
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩
Play at:

0a7bf425cd865c30c68c3e2e701afbc2.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Well that was fucking stupid lol. I thought it was a ROY who won MVP that same season and knew the number was low (which its 2...couldn't think of them)

I thought the same thing -- it's Lynn and Ichiro.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6cc5f1e6bcbe13b53c36e62f5770fd45.png

That middle row is the product of a lot of scarring from being a young Rangers fan in the 70s.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Well that was fucking stupid lol. I thought it was a ROY who won MVP that same season and knew the number was low (which its 2...couldn't think of them) so just guessed a random ass old dude.

Yeah, they already had the one with ROY and 100 RBI season.  Everyone thought it had to be the same season they won ROY but then some guy posted Jeter as a correct answer.

• Hook 'Em 1

Rarity: 203
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:

Spoiler

image.png.f24c7b2690155f3f41966c8f7fb71ae3.png

So...Chipper Jones was not a ROY winner. Huh. He came in second to...Hideo Nomo? Wow that's crazy. I barely remember that guy.

Anyway my Edwin Jackson today was Bartolo Colon. I knew he played for the Angels and a ton of other teams, just lucky for me the Braves was one of them at some point.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Scraps said:

Utexas got one of the two guys the way I thought it was....congrats sir. The other one is even easier that I should have thought of.

Yeah , I think it’s stupid that it’s not.

and also stupid that I completely didn’t remember the later guy did it… although calling him a “rookie” is kind of debatable considering what he had already done in his pro career 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Rarity: 203
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:

Hide contents

image.png.f24c7b2690155f3f41966c8f7fb71ae3.png

So...Chipper Jones was not a ROY winner. Huh. He came in second to...Hideo Nomo? Wow that's crazy. I barely remember that guy.

Anyway my Edwin Jackson today was Bartolo Colon. I knew he played for the Angels and a ton of other teams, just lucky for me the Braves was one of them at some point.

It feels like cheating, but I’m close to memorizing a Rolodex that is going to be close to ensuring a group of 4-5 guys can be used every game:

jackson

dotel

rodney

zeile

colon

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

It feels like cheating, but I’m close to memorizing a Rolodex that is going to be close to ensuring a group of 4-5 guys can be used every game:

jackson

dotel

rodney

zeile

colon

Here's the list of most-teams guys: https://www.mlb.com/news/baseball-players-who-played-on-the-most-teams-c282859016

If someone can fill up all 9 squares with only guys on that list, you'll have my undying respect.

• Hook 'Em 2

Generally if somebody won something for the Tigers it was probably Alan Trammell (though not as a manager...) or Lou Whitaker.

Though looking into it, it seems neither was ever MVP which I should keep in mind for the future.

Edited by Valmy77

36 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Generally if somebody won something for the Tigers it was probably Alan Trammell (though not as a manager...) or Lou Whitaker.

Though looking into it, it seems neither was ever MVP which I should keep in mind for the future.

Hank Greenberg has burned me for the tigers before too 

23 hours ago, Scraps said:

Oh come to find out it is anyone who won ROY and MVP during their career.

Fail

emoji461.png️ Immaculate Grid 111 8/9:
Rarity: 307
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩emoji833.png
Play at:

Hide contents

0a7bf425cd865c30c68c3e2e701afbc2.jpg

Nice job remembering Roland Schitt played for the Braves before the Rangers..

13 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Here's the list of most-teams guys: https://www.mlb.com/news/baseball-players-who-played-on-the-most-teams-c282859016

If someone can fill up all 9 squares with only guys on that list, you'll have my undying respect.

️ Immaculate Grid 112 5/9:
Rarity: 417
🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩
Play at:

Spoiler

Getting there…

46967353-E6C7-4CD9-8CFF-CDB8F4C5AF0E.thumb.jpeg.cd075158a20561c8d965fc7604a608de.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1