Valentina's owners stealing tips

Deej

On 5/4/2024 at 9:25 AM, Spaulding Smails said:

There's tons of open liens on the business associated with the tenant finish-out construction as well.  I can't believe how the lender let them get away with opening without paying for construction in full.  So, just to recap, they owe a construction loan, they owe InKind $1.5M, they're "significantly past due on rent", and who knows how many other vendors they owe.  How does that happen in less than a year of being open unless there's significant fraud / embezzlement going down?  And how do these lenders let it get this far out of whack?  Predatory lender or not, how does InKind let an obviously struggling business accrue $1.5M in what I'm assuming is unsecured debt?

Just because you can cook a brisket doesn't mean you can run a business.  You better have a book keeper hired and on staff.  I'm guessing they were doing their own books and it spiraled out of control. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DallasSooner said:

Just because you can cook a brisket doesn't mean you can run a business.  You better have a book keeper hired and on staff.  I'm guessing they were doing their own books and it spiraled out of control. 

and yet, everyone pulling for the guy to succeed never saw red flags or caught whiff of his business-specific flaws.

people defend his questionable business practices to this day.

it seems like everyone operated in their self-interested silos.

failure was preventable.

btw, anyone up for valentina's brisket tomorrow?

grand re-opening.

Edited by Shaggy3.0

3 hours ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

and yet, everyone pulling for the guy to succeed never saw red flags or caught whiff of his business-specific flaws.

people defend his questionable business practices to this day.

it seems like everyone operated in their self-interested silos.

failure was preventable.

btw, anyone up for valentina's brisket tomorrow?

grand re-opening.

Fuck them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Either that or there’s a family or friend bookkeeper that cooks the books, with or without their knowledge.

We have two massive ego owners getting endless praise over their craft. They can easily get set up on a long con with all these loans from different sources. Easy marks for someone that knows how to do it.

18 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

or there’s a family or friend bookkeeper that cooks the books

Curious, do you think they do that low and slow or hot an fast?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Well the space is already built out for BBQ.  I should open a BBQ restaurant there.  Surely it would work for ME...

I think a Dickey's would go over well in Buda. 

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

Well the space is already built out for BBQ.  I should open a BBQ restaurant there.  Surely it would work for ME...

well, if you have a hawt wife running the front counter......it just might work.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

front_159119__67538.1654642254.jpg?c=2

Props for the 86 Fleer baseball card.  Fuck the Astros.  But if Dickie Thon decided to open a bbq restaurant it would be better than the current incarnation of Dickey’s, because the bar is so low that anyone could jump over it.

Props for the 86 Fleer baseball card.  Fuck the Astros.  But if Dickie Thon decided to open a bbq restaurant it would be better than the current incarnation of Dickey’s, because the bar is so low that anyone could jump over it.

Dickeys is the sorriest Texas export since Blue Bell. Shitty barbecue from a shitty company owned by a shitball family.

On 5/14/2024 at 11:10 AM, utee94 said:

...meanwhile at Bill Miller

tenor.gif?itemid=13420153