UTSA without Frank Harris.

msucolt45

Any Surly SA members attending tonight’s game vs Army? I hate that the Runner’s lose a home recruiting opportunity, as most of their prospects are playing tonight. Got to root for one of our “real” little brothers, even though I’m an Army vet, but as always, “Go Army, beat navy!”

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 3

Probably shouldn't have put him back into the game 4x vs TXST.  Doing it got them the win, but could have cost them in the long run.

I’ve got a friend with a son on the UTSA squad. I watched a little of the game to see if he got any PT. I talked to my buddy during the game and he said the same thing. Couldn’t believe they kept sending him out there.
  • Like 2

It’s electric in the Alamo Dome with Army here on a Friday night. I think they emptied all the local military bases, with soldiers that have nothing else better to do on an early Friday evening!

My home town Runners better “buckle up”, as it’s 14-0 Army! Late 1st Qtr.

Hook’em!!!

Just now, msucolt45 said:

The TOP is the main thing. If they ain’t got the ball, they can’t score.

Hook’em!!!

If utsa can't shorten drives of Army offense, in 4th qtr Army running the ball could become brutal...  depth on utsa defense could become a problem.

roadrunners defense needs a stop on next drive.

Army  14    roadrunners  7

18 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

It’s electric in the Alamo Dome with Army here on a Friday night. I think they emptied all the local military bases, with soldiers that have nothing else better to do on an early Friday evening!

My home town Runners better “buckle up”, as it’s 14-0 Army! Late 1st Qtr.

Hook’em!!!

I've heard before many enlisted don't give a shit about some letter-of-reference-from-my-Senator-having officers team. But I've also heard otherwise. I myself come from a long line of cowards and deferments, so I don't rightly know. 

28 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Is he the second or third string qb for the team right now? I heard the backup wasn’t worth a dang, but the kid that was 3rd was pretty good and would probably wind up starting after Harris left.

he started a few games as a true freshman at colorado last year and had his moments.  he’s definitely a gamer he just needs to gain about 25 pounds.  built like a string bean. 

I don’t know if he’s the 3rd stringer to whom you are referring.

5 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Not only are the Runners letting them hang around, but they’re going to have the lead at the half.  

Army  20     utsa    7

1:06 left 2nd qtr

Army is kickin' utsa's ass so far... no "letting them hang around" to it    😋   

1 minute ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

How long does Jeff T stay at UTSA?  Personally, I like him and what's he's done to build the program.  I'd like to see him stay for a long time.

Unless baylor or maybe cougar high jobs come open, Traylor probably is back at utsa in 2024.  

(not sure he would want houston job)

• Like 1