2024 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

22 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

I don't see Penix, McCarthy, or Nix as first round talents. But, it only takes one team and wouldn't be surprised by any of them going in the first as teams love to have a QB on the 5th year option. I'd say my eyebrows would raise the most if Nix went in the first. 

They likely aren't but QB scarcity is going to get all three in the first round IMHO. Keep in mind these "mock" drafts don't include any trades. 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

1) Caleb Williams
2) Jayden Daniels
3) Drake Maye
4) Marvin Harrison Jr
5) Brock Bowers
6) Malik Nabers
7) Joe Alt
'8) Dallas Turner
9) Rome Odunze
10) Olu Fashanu
11) Nate Wiggins
12) Laiatu Latu
13) Terrion Arnold
14) Brian Thomas Jr
15) Keon Coleman
16) JJ McCarthy
17) Cooper DeJean
18) JC Latham
19) Jared Verse
20) Kamari Lassiter
21) Troy Fautanu
22) Taliese Fuaga
23) Jer'Zhan Newton
24) Jordan Morgan
25) Kingsley Suamataia
26) Chop Robinson
27) Tyler Guyton
28) Adonai Mitchell
29) Troy Franklin
30) Quinyon Mitchell
31) Ennis Rakestraw Jr
32) Amarius Mims

I just don't see that high of value for Dallas Turner... seems like he'll be a real bust in NFL

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, LTtxfan said:

I just don't see that high of value for Dallas Turner... seems like he'll be a real bust in NFL

He was extremely productive this year, and the weakness of the draft on defense should push the top guys up higher than they would typically go 

19 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Dallas Turner’s forté is delivering late hits that are still allowed in college, but will draw 15 yard penalties & fines/suspensions in the NFL.

He will adapt or be the bust that I hope he is.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

He was extremely productive this year, and the weakness of the draft on defense should push the top guys up higher than they would typically go 

Decent CFB player... but just don't expect his NFL results to warrant him being a 1st Rd top 10 pick.  Dallas Turner just was not a jump off the page dominant player this season.   NFL linemen are gonna maul the guy.  I project him as a 1st Rd bust.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Fud said:

"Extremely" is a bit of a stretch. He was a ghost against Texas. He turned it on for a few snaps against Ole Miss, Georgia and Michigan. He was great when it came to injuring Daniels with a dirty hit against LSU. 

In truth, I don't expect the guy to be a bust because I think he's got a great skill set. I expect him to be a frustrating piece of shit because that's who he is. He'll get up for a snap every now and then. He'll purposely injury some QBs. During his contract year, he'll magically have a breakout season and then go back to being a piece of shit once he gets another payday. He's a true mercenary and I wish nothing but ill will towards that motherfucker for the rest of his life.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Decent CFB player... but just don't expect his NFL results to warrant him being a 1st Rd top 10 pick.  Dallas Turner just was not a jump off the page dominant player this season.   NFL linemen are gonna maul the guy.  I project him as a 1st Rd bust.

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

"Extremely" is a bit of a stretch. He was a ghost against Texas. He turned it on for a few snaps against Ole Miss, Georgia and Michigan. He was great when it came to injuring Daniels with a dirty hit against LSU. 

In truth, I don't expect the guy to be a bust because I think he's got a great skill set. I expect him to be a frustrating piece of shit because that's who he is. He'll get up for a snap every now and then. He'll purposely injury some QBs. During his contract year, he'll magically have a breakout season and then go back to being a piece of shit once he gets another payday. He's a true mercenary and I wish nothing but ill will towards that motherfucker for the rest of his life.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SA-KC_Horn said:

Kiper's mock draft list is prime for the Chiefs to jump all over Murphy late in the 1st round. Please oh please.

I think that is dependent on if they can re-sign Chris Jones. Plus, KC needs receivers in the worst way. 

It's Mel Kiper, but Newton to Houston is a weird match. He's not similar to interior DL in New England over the past two decades, he's not similar to anyone Caserio has prioritized in the draft or free agency, and he's not similar to the DTs that San Francisco had while DeMeco was there

1 hour ago, SA-KC_Horn said:

Kiper's mock draft list is prime for the Chiefs to jump all over Murphy late in the 1st round. Please oh please.

Kiper's mock this early in the process is nothing more than toilet paper. He gets weirdly fixated on guys during the draft process and wants to prove a point about how smart he is, only to have those guys not get picked until later rounds. Last year it was Will Levis, and he proceeded to put him in his top 10 of every mock until draft day. It is as close to the aggy rollercoaster in terms of clockwork that you can get. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Yeah Kiper is not good at evaluating NFL talent.  Just because he's done it for a long time, doesn't mean what he puts out is good.  Lots of NFL people just laugh at some of his ridiculous projections.  

Kiper is more like a lot of $9.95er CFB crap posted every day...  

• Haha 1

worthy ?

Rice is a go to guy. Knowing how important and unique Kelce is, they need to consider Jatavion then look at picking up the WR later or even elsewhere.

Murphy also would an interesting choice. If he can provide an interior pass rush but also hold up in the run game, that’s gold. I think he’s not got enough physicality and quickness to have a chance to pull off both.

We are seeing more impactful TEs, but those skill sets at those two positions have been rather uncommon.

I would say the Odds of JJ going at pick 5 are pretty high. The biggest challenge will be getting someone to take Herbert's contract. I could see Harbaugh pushing for 5-6 Michigan players in this draft. That cap situation is fucked and JJ, Corum, Zinter, is a solid core 3 for him on offense. Late round picks of Roman Wilson and Michael Barrett and you have Ann Arbor west. 

• Haha 1

I would say the Odds of JJ going at pick 5 are pretty high. The biggest challenge will be getting someone to take Herbert's contract. I could see Harbaugh pushing for 5-6 Michigan players in this draft. That cap situation is fucked and JJ, Corum, Zinter, is a solid core 3 for him on offense. Late round picks of Roman Wilson and Michael Barrett and you have Ann Arbor west. 
JJ going top 5, lol. Come on, ain't no way you can say that with a straight face.
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Don’t see JJ going that high 

22 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
46 minutes ago, Juicy said:

JJ going top 5, lol. Come on, ain't no way you can say that with a straight face.

Its Harbaugh, he wants his guy. Maybe if they trade Herbert for like the 10th pick they could get JJ later, but really feels like JJ is going to join Jimmy in LA.

32 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
58 minutes ago, Juicy said:
Its Harbaugh, he wants his guy. Maybe if they trade Herbert for like the 10th pick they could get JJ later, but really feels like JJ is going to join Jimmy in LA.

So he's gonna draft JJ instead of keeping JH? Bro!

He is a weird dude. I don't think Herbert is that good, and their cap is fucked. Tear it down to the ground and build it back up. Acquire draft capital for Herbert and do what the lions did. 

37 minutes ago, Juicy said:

He is a weird dude. I don't think Herbert is that good, and their cap is fucked. Tear it down to the ground and build it back up. Acquire draft capital for Herbert and do what the lions did. 

If drafting JJ was his plan then he would have taken the Atlanta job. Herbert is a big reason he took the Chargers gig.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Juicy said:

The issue isn't getting someone to take Herbert's contract. Teams would give LAC 3+ first round picks for that privilege. The issue is the dead cap hit on LAC isn't feasible to deal with (about $130 million in dead cap money)

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Juicy said:

He's at-worst a top ten QB in the league for the next 10 years. He's arguably a top five QB for the next 10 years. Some teams wander through the wilderness for a decade looking for that level of QB. 

Also, the dead money from trading him means you're lighting next season on fire (his cap hit alone takes up over half of the salary cap space). You'd get an all-time draft haul for him, but Harbaugh doesn't strike me as the type who'd looking for a complete rebuild, I think he's hoping to win games right away 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, The Dog said:

If drafting JJ was his plan then he would have taken the Atlanta job. Herbert is a big reason he took the Chargers gig.

I don't think he was ever going to be offered the Atlanta job. That seems like its going to ole billy B. 

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

Herbert would net something like 4 firsts, 3 seconds, and 3 thirds

Why are you guys taking anything idiot fanboi Juicy is saying about Harbaugh seriously? How on earth did we allow this imbecile’s non-stop fan fiction to leave the Michigan thread? 

Only a non-serious, simple idiot would posit that Harbaugh is going to draft a guy at #5 overall just because that player played for Harbaugh at Michigan. Then he follows it up with the Chargers adding Corum and several other Michigan players to build a replica program - in the NFL. GTFOOH. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Herbert would net something like 4 firsts, 3 seconds, and 3 thirds

Then you trade him. He isn't Mahomes, Jackson, or Allen. I guess I am in the minority but to me Herbert may be fringe top 10 but not worth $270million dollars. That is eating so much of their cap.

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

Are you eating mushrooms?  Herbert is the franchise and there’s maybe four QBs you take before him.  He’d easily be the #1 I. This draft.  McCarthy goes second half of round 1.  Jim ain’t dumb 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Then you trade him. He isn't Mahomes, Jackson, or Allen. I guess I am in the minority but to me Herbert may be fringe top 10 but not worth $270million dollars. That is eating so much of their cap.

Again, you're taking a $130 million dollar dead cap hit in 2024 by trading him. You're having to serious cap maneuvering (cutting a ton of players, extending everyone who you don't cut) just to make that work 

Also, you'd be the only personnel guy in the NFL who doesn't have Herbert comfortably in the top ten QBs in the league 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Are you eating mushrooms?  Herbert is the franchise and there’s maybe four QBs you take before him.  He’d easily be the #1 I. This draft.  McCarthy goes second half of round 1.  Jim ain’t dumb 

Maybe 4?  I can think of 4 pretty easily.  Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, and Stroud.  After that you got guys like Jackson, Lawrence, Purdy, and Love all of them already accomplished more than anything Herbert's ever done.  They aren't trading him for fucking JJ McCarthy though, but he's not the 5th best QB in the league.

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

Maybe 4?  I can think of 4 pretty easily.  Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, and Stroud.  After that you got guys like Jackson, Lawrence, Purdy, and Love all of them already accomplished more than anything Herbert's ever done.  They aren't trading him for fucking JJ McCarthy though, but he's not the 5th best QB in the league.

Teams value players based on their talent, not on their team's accomplishments 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Yikes.  You think Purdy and Love are in Herbert's class.  Purdy was pretty awful vs GB and can't throw a wet ball with his baby hands.  Jimmy G took SF to the super bowl and at no point in time do you take him over Herbert.  Stroud?  Let's give it a few more years.  Accomplishments involve the team and coaches.  Talent wise, Herbert is well beyond Purdy and Stroud.  Easily ahead of Herbert:

Mahomes

Allen

Burrow

Lamar? 

Also, Herbert has had Anthony Lynn and Staley as his HC.  

Edited by closetohumping

On 1/23/2024 at 9:58 AM, Fud said:

Penix has medical concerns, isn't nearly as athletic as Nix is, and has a windup 

circling back to this - Feldman has an article coming out today that states Penix has the potential to go in the first or undrafted (due to injury concerns). I read that as some teams have dropped him entirely from their draft board. 

3 minutes ago, The Dog said:

circling back to this - Feldman has an article coming out today that states Penix has the potential to go in the first or undrafted (due to injury concerns). I read that as some teams have dropped him entirely from their draft board. 

Undrafted is hyperbole. Yes the medicals are an issue 

I'd guess 2nd-3rd, but you can't rule out a team taking him in the first 

Edited by Fud

50 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Jeremiah has Murphy at 11 

brooks has Murphy at 16 and sweat at 17

Kiper has Mitchell at 27 to Buffalo 

buffalo, next to oliver would be a damn good landing spot for him 

Edited by tx 3 putt

You know, these Harbaugh/Herbert posts got me thinking.  I'm thinking Andy Reid retires after this playoff run. Lincoln Riley is NFL desperate, and I think the Chiefs hire him after he explains his vision. He can't get Caleb Williams at their draft position, but I think he should trade Mahomes and draft Spencer Rattler in the first round. Maybe use the three 3rd rounders he gets for that Mahomes guy to draft Brendon Rice, MarShawn Lloyd and Tahj Washington. Yeah. I think that's the smart play here to get the Chiefs offense on track for years to come. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Tampa Bay isn't drafting a QB in the first round if they plan to re-sign Mayfield. 

The thing with a first round player is you HAVE to play him (unless you are Arthur Smith and are determined to get fired).

Packers Jordan Love 

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

Packers Jordan Love 

Packers are unique - they drafted Aaron Rodgers in the first while Favre was still there and he sat for three years. It's one thing to do that with future HOF players (Favre and Rodgers) and quite another with a journeyman like Mayfield.