Texas vs houston - 3:00pm on Fox

Pancho

19 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I give Majors credit for simply being out there after his injury.  The word is that the staff had hoped to sit him against Houston.  Whether he was 70% or 80% -- I don't know.  But I do know he wasn't 100%.  

That said, on the occasional play when I focused on Majors, he seemed to be doing decent work.  I'm sure there were probably other plays where he checked the negative box, and I just didn't happen to focus on them.  But I don't know if I buy the notion that he was getting bullied "all game."  Frankly, I think Connor is the bigger problem in the run game.  And our tackles didn't exactly cover themselves in glory on Saturday, either.

Chidoze Nwankwo. This was his 2nd game back, he's been dealing with his ankle. Has a great shot at playing on Sundays, had a great offer list coming out of HS.

https://247sports.com/Player/chidozie-nwankwo-46037576/high-school-187865/

Thatguy said:

Can't remember their nose's name but he was bullying Majors all game

Chidoze Nwankwo. This was his 2nd game back, he's been dealing with his ankle. Has a great shot at playing on Sundays, had a great offer list coming out of HS.

https://247sports.com/Player/chidozie-nwankwo-46037576/high-school-187865/

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

After kick

0bf66288bd0154a401e2e54c97ff2789.jpg

Not captured in the pic was a completely empty entire section of the stadium (on the right, southeast side of stadium)

Oh I'm sure that section was left intentionally empty.  The stands were probably condemned.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

After kick

0bf66288bd0154a401e2e54c97ff2789.jpg

Not captured in the pic was a completely empty entire section of the stadium (on the right, southeast side of stadium)

A fuck ton of people were also getting out of the sun and watching the game from the walkway area above the lower bowl seats too. Very annoying as you are trying to walk around. 

Also, it's hilarious they are so proud of the sell out, it was like 50%+ Longhorns. 

When the crowd would go wild you didn't know if it was a good play for Houston or Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

IMG_5926.thumb.jpeg.52ba701f6f1e6ba2f01a5fc54701fea2.jpeg

my view. It was pretty full. ESPN says 100%

IMG_5935.jpeg

It was nearly full because:

1. It's a 40k seat stadium.

2. Nearly half the bodies were Texas fans.

3. Houston fans want to beat Texas more than they want to fuck a $20 whore.

Good luck getting that stadium half full next year.

• Hook 'Em 1

I was minding my own business at halftime. I see a guy wearing a longhorn jersey backward, so the name on the back wass facing front.  It caught my eye because it was odd.  I looked at the name.  It said, "pole assazin".  I did a double take and looked closer.  The guy was posing for a picture with the actual pole assassin.  She was really friendly and was very into taking the photo.

I can only assume this guy is a part of surly.  Please step forward and post the photo, whoever you are.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, someguy said:

I was minding my own business at halftime. I see a guy wearing a longhorn jersey backward, so the name on the back wass facing front.  It caught my eye because it was odd.  I looked at the name.  It said, "pole assazin".  I did a double take and looked closer.  The guy was posing for a picture with the actual pole assassin.  She was really friendly and was very into taking the photo.

I can only assume this guy is a part of surly.  Please step forward and post the photo, whoever you are.

Fitting since from the 2nd quarter on we  looked like a monkey fucking a football. 

Well, if Ewers is out an extended period of time and we don’t win the rig 12, that’s Sark’s excuse this year. Next year, something else. Then so on. But our powers that be thought that some magic dust would rub off of Saban and make Sark a top ten coach despite his past record. It’s becoming clearer that Sark ain’t it. And yes, I know other teams nearly lost or upset but I’m focused on us.

If he sticks around long enough, he might get us a 2004 type season. Maybe even a 2005 season(with lots of luck). But overall, it is going to be 9-10 win seasons with lots of WTF. Like he showed Saturday. Other teams may have struggled, but did any of them give up 21 point first quarter leads?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2023 at 10:33 AM, someguy said:

Dude was sitting in front of me or also had the same jersey. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If he sticks around long enough, he might get us a 2004 type season. Maybe even a 2005 season(with lots of luck). But overall, it is going to be 9-10 win seasons with lots of WTF. Like he showed Saturday. Other teams may have struggled, but did any of them give up 21 point first quarter leads?

9-10 wins is pretty optimistic. I mean if you told me Sark was going to consistently win 9-10 in the SEC I’d take it without hesitation. That’s near annual 12 team playoff contention and playing for some SEC championships if the standings fall fortuitously. Really any higher bar is unreasonable.

Texas is going to win 9-10 this year then trade Baylor, Houston, BYU, etc for rivalry dogfights against aggy and piggy, plus additional heavyweight games against Bama, Georgia, LSU, etc. And OU is still around.

Texas probably reverts to 7-8 wins next season. Beyond that I’d love to get to where you see things going.
  • Like 1

Dude was sitting in front of me or also had the same jersey. 
1ce292e96be14a37eaa4ab37107b4ca4.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1

Got around to watching this, or the rest of it after 21-0 anyway.

I thought the defense was actually pretty good the majority of the game, just gave up a few too many chunk pass plays which are basically attributed to PK evidently thinking the middle of the field is hot lava and Kitan Crawford simply not being very good. Tough game for Terrance Brooks too. Unfortunately this handful of plays turned a pretty nice performance into a mixed bag.

OL was pretty yikes. Rest of the offense played pretty well. If you complained about Ewers checking down you’re dumb.

Sure looked like Houston got fucked on the spot there at the end, maybe even twice. They had the 4th and 1 and botched it though and they got away with plenty of holds so fuck’em. But I think we can probably put “Big 12 refs will do anything to screw Texas” bit to bed. As it has always been, they are just incompetent.