NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

5 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Damn. MSG vs Boston would’ve been epic with a knick team at full strength

The Pacers are a dumpster fire on the defensive end, but they can score almost at will at times. If they had an actual big man on their roster I would pick them to win the ECF. They could take this to six if everything goes right for them though.

2 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

The Pacers are a dumpster fire on the defensive end, but they can score almost at will at times. If they had an actual big man on their roster I would pick them to win the ECF. They could take this to six if everything goes right for them though.

Boston doesn't really have a quality big man either.  Pacers can beat celtics in a 7game series

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Can’t believe it’s been 30 years since the Spike Lee game. That was one of the top 3 ‘fuck you motherfuckers, you can’t do shit to stop me’ NBA playoff moments in my life. In no particular order:

Reggie vs. Spike

MJ vs. Portland Game 1 1992 Finals

Dream vs David Robinson moments after DR got his MVP trophy

Edited by Ignatius
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Boston doesn't really have a quality big man either.  Pacers can beat celtics in a 7game series

I’d root for the old Red Army team before I will pull for THOSE GUYS. I’m cool with this Pacers team winning. They are pretty entertaining when they are firing on all cylinders and they’ve got the nobody believes in us chip on their shoulders that seems to be helping them.

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Team I hate is the Lakers   😋

image.png.31e7f01e6a9a65b7a03974b18d021e22.png

Well yes they would qualify as a not real good team this year! Mediocre might be my nicest interpretation of what I saw from the Purple and Gold. Probably trending further downward going forward as well which I am sure makes a lot of NBA fanbases happy. 

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Kyrie > Brunson

Flat Earth> Injured Leader of his team.

I have a feeling that he’s going to go completely off the map in the WCF and Luka will have to really round into form to get the Mavs to the Finals. 

39 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Can’t believe it’s been 30 years since the Spike Lee game. That was one of the top 3 ‘fuck you motherfuckers, you can’t do shit to stop me’ NBA playoff moments in my life. In no particular order:

Reggie vs. Spike

MJ vs. Portland Game 1 1992 Finals

Dream vs David Robinson moments after DR got his MVP trophy

lebron scoring 27 straight or whatever it was vs the pistons in 07. that was theater.

6 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

lebron scoring 27 straight or whatever it was vs the pistons in 07. that was theater.

If I expand this list to five I’d include that plus Isiah Thomas’ one-legged game against Boston in 1988…

"ESPN Is Taking Serious Heat For Its 'Embarrassing' Game 7 Broadcast"

Screenshot_2024-05-19-18-44-05_kindlephoto-2006931.png.533a4f783cee7fd9d669621e38af6b1e.png

The only thing more embarrassing than the New York Knicks' efforts in Game 7 against the Indiana Pacers was ESPN's pregame show on ABC.

ESPN went all-in on Stephen A. Smith and the Knicks, basically turning their Game 7 pregame show into a lovefest for New York and their top personality. If you wonder why every NBA fan prefers "Inside The NBA" on TNT to ESPN's "NBA Countdown," this was a perfect example of why.

The Worldwide Leader caters to Smith and the major markets just way, way too much.

The pregame show featuring Smith was just embarrassing.

"Imagine it only gets worse with ESPN for the ECF if Pacers keep this up, just sub the Celtics in for the Knicks," one fan wrote.

"ESPN is awful and the Knicks celebrity fans are the worst," one fan added.

"Just an awful broadcast. It’s actually impressive ESPN exclusively covers sports and their NBA talk shows are so horrendous," another fan wrote.

"Lol ESPN’s NBA coverage reaches a new low every week it seems like. Praying that TNT can keep their crew together," another fan wrote.

Awful Announcing argued that this might've been a "new low" for ESPN's NBA coverage.

Maybe we'll get a fun second half, at least...

• Hook 'Em 1

Old school ABA teams hollah.

Let's get a Nuggets - Pacers Finals.

It always brings me joy to have the "small market" teams beat the media hyped squads. That was a fun game watching the Pacers dismantle them.

But unfortunately I think Boston takes it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gofuckyourself said:

Old school ABA teams hollah.

Let's get a Nuggets - Pacers Finals.

It always brings me joy to have the "small market" teams beat the media hyped squads. That was a fun game watching the Pacers dismantle them.

But unfortunately I think Boston takes it.

Let's see what Indiana does against a healthy squad. Their run reminds me of the 2015 Warriors run where every round, the opposing teams had key injuries. 

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Lulz. Jokic just said "fuck this" and bowled over the Minn  D on that drive, board and finish. He's a load when he wants to be. 

Yeah, I really don't know what is a foul anymore.  There is no consistency from this current crew tonight... 

• Hook 'Em 1

Damn only 38pts in 1st half wolves...

Denver defense is whipping wolves set offense.  If minny doesn't get more transition offense going and free up ANT, this game is over.

Halftime Denver leads 53-38

Bullshit review... should have been reversed and jump ball.
Someone better man-up for Minny soon, or they are goin' fishin' tomorrow...  

Jokic can back down, shoulder, elbow, run over any body.

But you drag a finger on his forearm after a jump ball it’s a foul.
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Jokic can back down, shoulder, elbow, run over any body.

But you drag a finger on his forearm after a jump ball it’s a foul.

Jokic has attempted three free throws so far. Four other players in this game have had  more.