NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

10 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Luka is 6'7" and built like a bull. If he ever starts taking his conditioning seriously his game should age well. Not like he's overly reliant on athleticism. He barely leaves the ground.

his conditioning is the best it's ever been.  it's fine.  he's not tired at the end of games from lack of conditioning.  he's injured.  his issue is mental.  this is inexcusable.  all.  game.  long.  

image.gif.fff1970dc9c21cfcc13baf95b9d12d04.gif

37 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

his conditioning is the best it's ever been.  it's fine.  he's not tired at the end of games from lack of conditioning.  he's injured.  his issue is mental.  this is inexcusable.  all.  game.  long.  

image.gif.fff1970dc9c21cfcc13baf95b9d12d04.gif

Like...wtf is he even doing here? Just atrocious. And the whines to the ref about it. He made some equally bad ones later on. 

4 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Like...wtf is he even doing here? Just atrocious. And the whines to the ref about it. He made some equally bad ones later on. 

lose the ball, fine.  get it back.  except that's not what he did.  he locks eyes on the ref as soon as the ball bounces away and makes a beeline for the ref instead of trying to stop the opposing player who recovered the ball and is literally right in front of him.  he needs to grow up to unlock his boss stage.

14 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

I'll give him credit for smoking Giddey in the face with the ball, but not for the rest of it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Bill Simmons said on his pod that in person, Luka is much worse with the complaining.  Says it's literally the entire game start to finish.  He'll complain about everything constantly.  I've seen it this series and wondered if he was like this all the time and I guess he is.

8 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Bill Simmons said on his pod that in person, Luka is much worse with the complaining.  Says it's literally the entire game start to finish.  He'll complain about everything constantly.  I've seen it this series and wondered if he was like this all the time and I guess he is.

Lukaren Doncic 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

I was responding to the post about how his game will age. Wasn't blaming his performance last night on conditioning. My point was If he wants to extend his prime, he should probably stop crushing pitchers of Amstel Light and mozzarella sticks every night.

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

I was responding to the post about how his game will age. Wasn't blaming his performance last night on conditioning. My point was If he wants to extend his prime, he should probably stop crushing pitchers of Amstel Light and mozzarella sticks every night.

His game will age fine.  His body…?

I’m sure after a month most will move on. I wonder what happens with Kevin Harlan? Inside the nba has sorta ran its course.

I’m just happy ESPNs bullshit is done

I just hope nba on nbc has the music, graphics and voice and all will be well.

11 minutes ago, Mittens said:

😭😭

I see this as unfortunate. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've grown fond of the Chuck/Shaq banter. Hard-hitting analysis it is not, but it's not meant to be. I find it very entertaining, especially when one of Charles's non-PC rants causes Shaq to fall out of his chair with hoarse laughter.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I see this as unfortunate. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've grown fond of the Chuck/Shaq banter. Hard-hitting analysis it is not, but it's not meant to be. I find it very entertaining, especially when one of Charles's non-PC rants causes Shaq to fall out of his chair with hoarse laughter.

I don’t think you’re in the minority at all.  A lot of us love the TNT team.  Hopefully NBC can import them…

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Well this sucks 

Not so sure.  Does this include the local games?  Some teams (OKC) have absolutely horrible local TV deals.  Bally Sports is literally bankrupt.  If those games can be put on Peacock, then that's a major win.  Not sure about League Pass and how that's structured, though.

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I’m sure after a month most will move on. I wonder what happens with Kevin Harlan? Inside the nba has sorta ran its course.

I’m just happy ESPNs bullshit is done

I just hope nba on nbc has the music, graphics and voice and all will be well.

My understanding is that ESPN/ABC is maintaining the A rights package, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.  TNT's package appears to be going to NBC and Amazon.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I don’t think you’re in the minority at all.  A lot of us love the TNT team.  Hopefully NBC can import them…

TNT/TBS has carried NBA games for 40 years. If the NBA had any sense of loyalty or care for their fans, they would have kept TNT as one of their broadcast partners. Peacock, which is the worst streamer out there, is going to host most of the games — just watch. Cord cutting and streaming has been a very bad deal for sports fans. I’d much rather watch games on DirecTV than streaming any day of the week. Fuck MLB, NFL and NBA for screwing over the fans.

Edited by Macklemore

4 hours ago, Mittens said:

😭😭

TNT crew is the best coverage of NBA basketball.

And peacock app has glitches a lot -- gave up their pay service a long time ago.

Fuckin' Hell  !!!  😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫

• Rage+1 1

Denver goes to the hard double on Ant and he hasn’t solved it. Conley on the bench makes it worse because no ball handler to help. 

Jamal Crawford is good on the call. I agree with the point he made that you just let Ant iso so the double isn’t as effective. Haven’t seen that yet. 

8 minutes ago, MrX said:

I agree with the point he made that you just let Ant iso so the double isn’t as effective. Haven’t seen that yet. 

I mean you can't "just iso" though. That eats up a lot of time on the shot clock and can result in turnovers just to set it up. The only way you beat the double is passing out of it and I'm just not sure he's there yet. 

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

I'd like to make fun of Gobert, as a 4x DPOY, being completely inept at doing a damn thing against Jokic, but what could anyone do?

And if you do D him up, somehow, he drops a behind-the-back dime like the one he just dished to Gordon.