NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

That's a dumb comment. From '99-'05 league average TS% was .519.

In that span AI won 4 scoring titles on .504 TS% and posted 29.1 ppg.

So he was scoring at a higher clip than everyone in the league at slightly below average efficiency.

He'd be fine and he would develop a better 3 pointer.

Another thing - after the rules were changed in 05 league TS% jumped up to .529. AI posted a .532 that season and won the scoring title.

League average this season is .581. Lillard is posting .593 next to Giannis. Kyrie is posting. 599 next to Luka. Murray is at .582 next to Jokic.

Even if AI was chucking he'd probably be close to that league average number today. Especially if he had a 2nd option worth a shit (which he never had). Trying to compare the spacing and defense of 2024 to the early 2000s is asinine. 

And he led the league in swipes 3 straight seasons. He wasn't a shitty defender like Trae or Lillard or Kyrie.

Kobe - who's obviously a better player - put up .547 from 2000-2002 next to fucking Shaq. That number would be straight up bad for a volume scorer in today's league. Like almost Jalen Green with the car keys bad.

Also Iverson in his prime was going to the line pretty much 10 times a game. I’m guessing that number would be 13ish  now with the way they both the whistle, so that’s two more points a game. 

I  can’t stop watching the Anthony Edwards play. Just unreal. 

He moved KG to #2 for me.

Dude is an absolute assassin.I love watching him at the FT line because he’s always trash talking somebody. I could totally see him taking on the Joker assignment without kat. He bodied and slowed down JJJ a few weeks ago. Dude is that damn strong too.

He deserves to be in MVP talks and is as every little as good as Luka, Shai, Tatum etc.

Dude is an absolute assassin.I love watching him at the FT line because he’s always trash talking somebody. I could totally see him taking on the Joker assignment without kat. He bodied and slowed down JJJ a few weeks ago. Dude is that damn strong too.

He deserves to be in MVP talks and is as every little as good as Luka, Shai, Tatum etc.
I'd love to see Minny put him on Jok.

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

lol, no. I'd put him in that top 10-15 ranking of NBA players right now and I like that his game is getting better every year. But imo, he's not in that top 5 category yet. Whether you're looking at basic stats (Pts/reb/asts) or more advanced stats like win shares, PER, VORP etc... he's still got same ground to make up. But he's only 22 so I expect he will be in that conversation in a couple of seasons. 

Take a comparison to SGA as an example. Here's the H2H numbers from this season

image.png.f2596e1b8641565a050fd8aed4f6179a.png

And here's the season long comparison

Per 36 mins

image.thumb.png.a0d755c735fc9f45335134bfbd3a810f.png

Advanced Stats

image.thumb.png.8ca4f35b969884503f6df1a8cfb242da.png

He's not a top 5 guy.....yet. 

Advanced stats isn’t the end all be all. Eye test matters too. Rudy Gobert beats ant in all advanced stats and nobody’s taking Rudy over him.

Ant just deserves to be in the same breath as Shai, Tatum, etc.

Shai hasnt played in a playoff game in 4 years. He lost by 25 to MN in last year’s play in and had a brutal game. Ant has been a monster in his first 2 playoff years. Time will tell. I’m certain Shai be very good-great this year come playoffs. Ant has proven he’s in that tier of great players for the playoffs

• Hook 'Em 1

Please go to OT. It's what America wants.

Ant is so much fucking fun to watch.  

3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I was just coming to post this. These two are gawd awful. 

I think it's Mowins on pbp who I actually like but the girl on color is atrocious.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Please go to OT. It's what America wants.

Ant is so much fucking fun to watch.  

I think it's Mowins on pbp who I actually like but the girl on color is atrocious.

Agreed. She’s awful. The commentary at one point down the stretch was just “wow” followed by several seconds of dead air. 

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Agreed. She’s awful. The commentary at one point down the stretch was just “wow” followed by several seconds of dead air. 

I thought it was Candace for a second then realized - oh wait, no, she's actually a talent and works for TNT.

9 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I’m calling my shot. Tonight this whitey douche will go 8-9 for 24 points

c4d0915d3186a573082d9126bcf77c7d.jpg

Going 0-9 last game was worst possible scenario for the pups

Nope, tonights hot 3pt shooter was Naz Reid! Big game from him filling in for KAT nicely. 

Absolute worst called game I’ve seen all year.

Foster cooked up one for the ages. Jarret Allen with 20 free throw attempts and 1 personal foul?! Amazing!

Weak ass technicals, weak ass flagrant, weak ass OT bailout calls. Absolutely pathetic

I find the refs have been notably sharp tonight.  Eagle-eyed really...with the wisdom and impartiality of King Solomon.

Lmao. At least you realize how bad it was
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

Hoo boy Russell had himself a game tonight against the Bucks!

Yeah that was huge. It moves the LeBronless Lakers up to 9th in the West. 

Big things to come for this LAKER squad. 

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

play the video and then look at the crowd reactions in the still shot after it concludes.  particularly the chick in the portland jersey and the hotter chick behind her with the red scarf or whatever it is.