NFL Week 8

shadow_operative2.0

8 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

Was that temp in 1985 during that famous brutal cold snap? Temps were like that in Chicago too and I remember freezing my ass off in our apt since the city lost power. I digress.

Most likely not because that was my freshman year at Pitt and that second semester was brutal to this idiot

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Juicy said:

First time for the helmets. Throwbacks to the last time they won a championship. 1957. yikes. 

Total Yards

Jahmyr Gibbs: 189

The Las Vegas Raiders: 157

Good to hear throwbacks because I like just for grins.  Got a feeling the Pats are going to hire Dan Campbell when Belichick leaves.

5 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Good to hear throwbacks because I like just for grins.  Got a feeling the Pats are going to hire Dan Campbell when Belichick leaves.

Campbell seems pretty entrenched in Detroit. I can't imagine him jumping ship to another organization. 

27 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Also, I can't think of an example of a current NFL coach, who is having success, getting poached by another team.  Maybe I am forgetting something.

Ariens being traded is the only one I can think of. I guess Payton getting traded too but he sucks now. 

Loved the Lions’ helmets, like, loved them a lot.  Wasn’t a fan of the gray on gray, even though those are their colors.

Garapolo just plays jittery as hell.  Even when the play was there,he constantly looked like a guy who chugged a quart of espresso and then had 10k fireants on him. It was fun watching the Lions give him hell.

Max Crosby is a bad  mofo on a very shitty team.

9 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

So that's not you? 😁

No, not me, but, I do say some of those things.

Yes, I speak Pittsburghese. I “red-up”, I go “dahntahn”, I do the “worsh”, I use “gumbands”, I take “shahers”, I look out for “jaggers”, etc, etc. And no, I am not a Jagoff. 

I do know plenty of guys who speak that way. I also have some of the same inflection. I am a Yinzer. In ninth grade I had points deducted from an English class speech on Greek Mythology because I said, “stuff like y’at”.

• Haha 1

On 10/30/2023 at 9:38 PM, Nicole44 said:

McDaniels needs to stick to being an OC. Some people are just coordinators and for whatever reason think they’ve paid their dues and need to be HCs. This is his second try at it. Vegas needs a great coach. Too much riding on it. 

On 10/30/2023 at 10:03 PM, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Lol fuck you McDaniels

He gone. 

The Las Vegas Raiders have fired coach Josh McDaniels and general manager David Ziegler, the team announced late Tuesday night.

"After much thought about what the Raiders need to move forward, I have decided to part ways with Josh and Dave," owner Mark Davis said in a statement. "I want to thank them both for their hard work and wish them and their families nothing but the best."

The Raiders plan to name linebackers coach Antonio Pierce as their interim head coach, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38790836/las-vegas-raiders-fire-coach-josh-mcdaniels-gm-david-ziegler

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Fucking Raiders, always a trip. 

With McDaniels now fired, linebackers coach Antonio Pierce is expected to be named their interim head coach, according to ESPN.com. Pierce has almost no NFL coaching experience. The 45-year-old is in just his second season as an NFL assistant after spending four years at Arizona State in various roles, including associate head coach. 

Awesomeness…

New QB & OC too. 

Las Vegas Raiders rookie quarterback Aidan O'Connell will start in place of high-priced and oft-injured veteran Jimmy Garoppolo beginning Sunday against the New York Giants at Allegiant Stadium.

The change comes in the wake of the Raiders firing coach Josh McDaniels and general manager Dave Ziegler.

"It will be Aidan going forward," interim coach Antonio Pierce said Wednesday.

Pierce was promoted from linebackers coach, and assistant general manager Champ Kelly was elevated to interim GM.

McDaniels was the offensive playcaller, and it was his scheme the Raiders were running. With offensive coordinator Mick Lombardi also fired, the Raiders are promoting quarterbacks coach Bo Hardegree to offensive coordinator and playcaller. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38794580/raiders-bench-jimmy-garoppolo-start-aidan-oconnell-qb