MLB Hot Stove 2023/24

TonyTexas

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Soto to Yankees talk is red hot from what I’m seeing and Jack Curry is basically saying it’s a done deal. Get fucked rest of MLB. Holy shit

ookkkkkkkkkkkkkkk....

What are you gonna do about the 2 albatross contracts paid to guys who get hurt for 1/4-2/3 of the year every year??  

He sure helped the Padres make it all the way as well.   

Get fucked poser.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

ookkkkkkkkkkkkkkk....

What are you gonna do about the 2 albatross contracts paid to guys who get hurt for 1/4-2/3 of the year every year??  

He sure helped the Padres make it all the way as well.   

Get fucked poser.  

What 2 albatross contracts? Judge has played at least 148 games 2 out of the last 3 years. He was also wildly productive in the 106 games he played last year. 

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

What 2 albatross contracts? Judge has played at least 148 games 2 out of the last 3 years. He was also wildly productive in the 106 games he played last year. 

Your selective memory is amazing. Have you conveniently forgotten about the $60M/ yr that the Yankees will be paying Stanton and Rodon for the next several years?

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lol, pass some of that copium around to your brethren. This trade is seismic, I’ll just leave this here

IMG_3904.thumb.jpeg.a1b8eb8a09661c5e9c60992961946f1b.jpeg

Never said he wasn’t a great player.  I said the Yankees need a whole lot more (maybe even a whole lot less) than a Juan Soto to become a contender again.  But keep fucking that goat 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Helobious said:

We’re getting Soto meanwhile the Astro fans are hyping themselves up over a pitcher throwing 106 MPH during a pulldown lmao. Nice off-season you got there 

Remind me again, when we the last time y'all won the World Series, or beat the Astros in the playoffs? 

5 hours ago, Helobious said:

Soto to Yankees talk is red hot from what I’m seeing and Jack Curry is basically saying it’s a done deal. Get fucked rest of MLB. Holy shit

They're going to trade Jassssson, Pereira, Jones, and Hampton to get him.  How do you feel about that?

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

They're going to trade Jassssson, Pereira, Jones, and Hampton to get him.  How do you feel about that?

That’d be a ridiculous overpay for a one year rental, not happening. I’m hearing it’s Michael King, Jim Drew Thorpe, Brito, and a catcher. Losing King really sucks but for Soto it’s worth it. 

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

We’re getting Soto meanwhile the Astro fans are hyping themselves up over a pitcher throwing 106 MPH during a pulldown lmao. Nice off-season you got there 

We’re not all jerking it to 106 pulldown sessions  

now the idea of having the defensive juggernaut of Jake Meyers all year, well now, that’s something we can all circle up for.

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Man, Kimbrel looked thoroughly broken against the DBacks.  Good luck!

Thanks, going to be interesting how their bullpen shakes out.

I doubt Kimbrel’s going to be asked to be a full time closer.  DL Hall and Tyler Wells had major roles in the “Closer by Committee” after Bautista was finally shut down.  Although both are former starters (and may be that again), each saw quite a bit of relief/closer work the last half of the season.  I’m hopeful.

15 minutes ago, NYCHORN2013 said:

Soto and Grisham to the yanks for Michael King, Kyle Higashioka, Drew Thorpe, Jhony Brito and Randy Vasquez.

Great deal for the yankees, just gotta lock him back up after the season

Gave up next to nothing of importance for one of the best 3 or 4 players in baseball. Gotta spend the money to keep him now.

11 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Gave up next to nothing of importance for one of the best 3 or 4 players in baseball. Gotta spend the money to keep him now.

Yep. Thorpe is apparently a stud prospect. Was named top pitching prospect across the minors in 2023, but never pitched above AA. King has always been solid, but not anyone I'll ever miss. The others, take em. 

Love to see it even if it is just pushing in the chips for 2024 (hopefully more moves to come, too). Definitely gonna need to give him the bank after this year to keep him, but get it done

29 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Volpe, Gleyber, Rizzo, Judge, Soto, Stanton, Dominguez after he comes back from injury, Verdugo, DJL, Austin Wells. Oh and Cole and the Yamamoto guy from Japan at the top of the rotation. Get off the fucking tracks when the train comes through  

Or you could be the 2024 version of the Mets.

Or just the Yankees for the last decade and a half.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Or you could be the 2024 version of the Mets.

Or just the Yankees for the last decade and a half.

This isn’t the Mets or padres stupidly spending money on a bunch of random players. This is a core that been together years adding one of the best players in the game. If they can just stay goddamn fucking healthy we’re a force.  

19 hours ago, Helobious said:

You guys have been adding "big names" to your roster for years while we haven't and for years you've been our bitch

7 minutes ago, Smax said:

You guys have been adding "big names" to your roster for years while we haven't and for years you've been our bitch

4 game august sweep with a bunch of rookies last year says otherwise. Tide is turning and you know it, I’ll just leave it at that. 

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

4 game august sweep with a bunch of rookies last year says otherwise. Tide is turning and you know it, I’ll just leave it at that. 

I'm gonna laugh when the Yankees miss the playoffs, again, and Soto doesn't re-sign after the season.  

• Like 1

Infielder Jeimer Candelario and the Cincinnati Reds agreed on a three-year, $45 million contract Thursday, sources told ESPN, adding the veteran switch hitter to a plethora of young infielders as the Reds position themselves for a run at the National League Central title.

Candelario, 30, was non-tendered by the Detroit Tigers following the 2022 season but rebounded with a stellar 2023, setting career highs in home runs (22) and RBIs (70) while hitting .251/.336/.471 and playing first and third base for the Washington Nationals and Chicago Cubs. His deal with the Reds includes a club option for $15 million in 2027, sources said.

He joins a Reds team that already features young infielders Elly De La Cruz, Matt McLain, Noelvi Marte, Christian Encarnacion-Strand and Jonathan India. Another infielder, Spencer Steer, is expected to move to left field, where he would complement outfielders TJ Friedl, Will Benson and Jake Fraley.

From non-tendered to $45M in a year, helluva gig. 

57 minutes ago, NYCHORN2013 said:

Blue Jays are getting a lot of hype for some reason. Seems like its most likely between them and the Dodgers, have also heard Braves or back to Angels mentioned

SIAP - also, Yusei Kikuchi bought out an "upscale sushi restaurant near the Rogers Centre. 50+ guests... 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

2-hour doc on Brett tonight at 7 on MLBN. 

Maybe they’ll Gallagher his melon.

Wait… Gardner or good ole Pine Tar?

Edited by slorch

On 12/6/2023 at 5:58 PM, Beau Vine said:

I can't believe the Yankees are moving on from Higgy.  15 years with the franchise, and the heartless fucking Yankees are just tossing him and his 0.9 career WAR aside?

What a sad day!

It was hard watching that guy attempt to hit a baseball most of the time. They could have replaced him with one of the Bleacher Creatures out in RF and gotten the same production.