ABC -KVUE contract dispute

HillCountryBevo

Cut the cord years ago. Bought a TABLO and 3TB hard drive to record all kinds of good shit. Lots of programming available free OTA. With Tablo I can record lots of stuff and blow through the commercials. Also have Tablo account that auto blows through commercials. I stream Sling blue and orange about 6-7 months a year for LHN and use ESPN+ for about a month during baseball season. I see all the games and it's a lot more cost effective than old ass cable type stuff. Google Fiber is my Internet provider.

BTW, OTA antenna has better picture quality than streaming as there is little to no degradation straight from the broadcast tower.

Just saying....  

7 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Posted this in the Pac 12 CCG thread but if you can run out and find a winegard antennae (I have one and that’s what I am watching ABC on) it’s great. Wonderful picture/clarity plus something 200 or so random ass channels in addition to your local stuff. 

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/6860678/Winegard-FlatWave-Amped-Indoor-Amplified-HDTV/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&mediacampaignid=71700000113869387_20498145079&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAAD2Eb4do9bS4X5omjU4WAurULB68M&gclid=CjwKCAiApaarBhB7EiwAYiMwqsUmcn-Iw5-gYffMm34m-cV0mqDSVErX9hOvcehylWuDqCGb7wtbUBoCv6IQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

i pretty much have this model and it’s the best $50 bucks I’ve spent on television related shit. I don’t know if Sam’s, Costco, Walmart…try Office Depot. Call ahead I guess to make sure you can grab one. 

I have this and it does work well. I just wish I didn’t have to ugly up my window near the tv. I’d rather have an antenna that discreetly mounts on the outside wall of the house. But I can’t get coax from there to the tv anyway, so I guess it doesn’t matter. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I can see KVUE through the OTA HDTV antenna. I also saw live UW vs. Oregon game last night streaming through Sling on ESPN3. Woke up and saw replay of the last half of the game from when I dozed off.

If you have a antenna you'll be able to watch game through KVUE tv 24.1.  Sling will show through ESPN3 I'm sure, however, I bet if your provider is in dispute with Disney they going to cut you off. Alternative might be to look for a trial basis offer on some other streaming service for a week or so. Small Leaf brand antenna is about 20 bucks at best buy.

Beer joint will have it, but that is the fun expensive option!

I've been resisting the move from DirecTV because (a) I'm not poor (b) I work 70-80 hrs/wk © we have 5 TVs.  But, we've gone from 7 in our house to 4 and 5 TVs to 3, so it's now time to get off the tit.  Problem is, all our TVs (while decent big screens in their day) are a little long in the tooth, but they work fine.  Gotta find the right solution.  Bonus:  we're gonna sell this house soon, so it needs to be a short term solution.
All streaming services are no contract (afaik) but for that many TV's you'll need a service that allows for the number of streams you need, and each TV will need a device such as Roku, Fire stick, Apple TV etc. I have a total of 4 TV's (including one in the back yard) and made it simple and consistent by using Roku devices on all of them, even the newest one which has "smart TV" features. If the TV's are coming with you to a new place the only thing you'll need to do is set all of them up and log in to your WiFi once, should be good to go.

There are tons of resources online comparing and reviewing streaming services and even step by step how to set up whichever one you choose. It's not rocket surgery, even my remaining grandparents moved to streaming a couple years ago with little or no issues.
  • Hook 'Em 1

That's no lube by Spectrum. I was in a similar bundle until October.

If you don't want too much change you can contact Spectrum & tell them you want to switch to their streaming bundle. You'll save considerably & can probably even have them come hook up everything & take away your old DVRs (that will save you at least $40/mo there).
Those bastards will do everything they can to retain the more expensive cable customers, but he may get a discount that lasts for a couple months or so. The way I'd do it is get streaming going first then unhook and return everything but the modem/WiFi router to the nearest Spectrum store. That's what I did about 5 years ago and then ditched Spectrum completely when I tried T-Mobile 5G gateway and discovered it works fine to cover the whole house where I live. So now it's $50 per month for 5G WiFi plus whatever ungodly price Hulu+ live TV is these days...but that wasn't my choice for streaming. Having said that, Hulu+ has everything you'd get on cable plus local channels, and also access to Hulu's TV and movie catalog. (Leans heavily to programming that appeals to women, but still something for everyone)

20 minutes ago, ousux said:

There are tons of resources online comparing and reviewing streaming services and even step by step how to set up whichever one you choose. It's not rocket surgery, even my remaining grandparents moved to streaming a couple years ago with little or no issues.

Hey, what are you implying?  LOL

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

My antenna is locked and loaded! It’s not pretty but it gets the job done well! 

IMG_8307.jpeg

Thats a pretty ugly piece. They need to print a Bob Ross picture of mountains and a stream and put a frame around it. Make it look like art instead of a white square with a cord. 

Just now, ousux said:
On 12/1/2023 at 9:21 AM, GhostOfTomJoad said:
That's no lube by Spectrum. I was in a similar bundle until October.

If you don't want too much change you can contact Spectrum & tell them you want to switch to their streaming bundle. You'll save considerably & can probably even have them come hook up everything & take away your old DVRs (that will save you at least $40/mo there).

Those bastards will do everything they can to retain the more expensive cable customers, but he may get a discount that lasts for a couple months or so. 

I was surprised at how easy my experience was in October. Like AB, I had a legacy bundled account (cable/gig internet/land line) for at least 15 years. WIth the Gold cable package plus HBO/SHO/Starz and 3 DVRs we were pushing $370/mo. Oh yeah, we also switched our cell phones to Spectrum about 3 years ago which was another $100/mo ($50/line).

Not only did they cut the cable w/o any fight and dropped our monthly bill (gig internet & land line because it's almost impossible to get rid of the fucking thing) to just over a hundred a month, he lowered our cell phone plan from the $50/line/month plan we were on to the new customer price of $35/line/month. I did a double take and asked if this was an introductory rate that would go up & he said no, they wanted valued customers to have the same experience as new customers. When I joked that I'd be stupid to say "no" to saving thirty bucks a month he replied that I'd be surprised at how many people turn down that savings out of principle. 

Spectrum just might be getting the big picture finally & realizing what they're going to have to do to retain customers let alone get new ones in this market.