ABC -KVUE contract dispute

HillCountryBevo

4 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

Fubo TV is supposedly better but I'm a poor and haven't checked it out yet

I'm currently using Fubo here in the UK. I personally like YouTube TV more, but I got actually Fubo a bit cheaper and it works just fine. Price varies depending on when you sign up it feels like. 

Edited by LateAughtsHorn

8 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

YouTube TV is the best thing to happen to sports viewing since espn. 

The multi view plus unlimited recording storage.

What kind of dumbass pays for cable TV anymore?

The only reason to have traditional cable TV is if you live in rural area with spotty broadband internet. 

• Hook 'Em 2

200.gif

I want every channel and one bill.  I know I pay for my shit and all my kids have me paying all their subs, I probably pay for multiple accounts because I’m lazy and don’t make them share accounts.  

One day someone is going to get really rich when they figure out how to put all the channels on one platform, with one bill and one fucking remote.   Oh wait… that’s why I liked cable to begin with. 

But what if your bill gets lost in the mail?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

i thought only bars and my in laws still gave money to directv/at&t? Move on if you havent

The local Hooters has one TV with a fire stick to see locals since they are a DTV customer. I’m sure that could turn in to a monster fine using it commercially.

Another local bar maybe 5-6 years ago brought his own residential DTV box and hooked it up for a big MMA fight once and got caught. $22,000 fine IIRC.

If you’re relatively happy with your service just get a 20-30 buck antenna from any of the box stores. Disney or someone seems to get in these dust up’s with some provider at least once a year but they always seem to work it out. Antenna’s cheap and it never hurts to have one laying around just in case.

9 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

People still have cable? I thought that was only for my 80 year old dad. Even he has YouTube TV now- they are cutting directv for this reason. 

If he can figure out how to use YouTube TV, you guys can too. Far superior interface to ATT/directv/dish/etc…

Having 4 games on the screen at once is fucking awesome. 

Your generation's achievements continue to astound and amaze.

• Haha 3

I live way out in the sticks and living at the end of the power grid causes annoying  internet outages.  We tried streaming and the quality of service just wasn't very good,  way to much buffering.   

Have now gone back to dish and those problems have gone away.  Not counting the internet problems,  I didn't see streaming as a better product.  There wasn't a package that really had everything I wanted,  and the price advantage it provided was rapidly disappearing.  The declining price advantage was at least half of the reason we went back to satellite.  We had YouTube TV,  not bad really,  but it wasn't more than 5 months they came out with a price increase and told me how good it was because I was getting so many more channels,  channels that I would never watch in 3 lifetimes.  

Living in the country is good but some choices are limited.  TV service is one of them.  

Edited by Laga4
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

I live way out in the sticks and living at the end of the power grid causes annoying  internet outages.  We tried streaming and the quality of service just wasn't very good,  way to much buffering.   

Have now gone back to dish and those problems have gone away.  Not counting the internet problems,  I didn't see streaming as a better product.  There wasn't a package that really had everything I wanted,  and the price advantage it provided was rapidly disappearing.  The declining price advantage was at least half of the reason we went back to satellite.  We had YouTube TV,  not bad really,  but it wasn't more than 5 months they came out with a price increase and told me how good it was because I was getting so many more channels,  channels that I would never watch in 3 lifetimes.  

Living in the country is good but some choices are limited.  TV service is one of them.  

Out in the country where I grew up a lot of people are highly recommending Starlink.

If you’re relatively happy with your service just get a 20-30 buck antenna from any of the box stores. Disney or someone seems to get in these dust up’s with some provider at least once a year but they always seem to work it out. Antenna’s cheap and it never hurts to have one laying around just in case.
The problem I've found (my parents included) is many people either forget what the "input/source" button on their TV remote does, or simply don't want to bother pushing anything other than on/off, volume and channel up/down for fear of messing everything up for hours and hours
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

People still have cable? I thought that was only for my 80 year old dad. Even he has YouTube TV now- they are cutting directv for this reason. 

If he can figure out how to use YouTube TV, you guys can too. Far superior interface to ATT/directv/dish/etc…

What’s YouTube TV?

• Haha 2

Just launched a free trial on YouTube TV -- live ABC (currently "Good Morning America") looks like ass.  Great.
All streaming looks potato compared to over the air networks, and even 4k streamed movies don't look or sound as good as the same thing on Blu-ray. I tested this with 2001 A Space Odyssey..one of my small collection of once a year movies. It's kind of like when digital photography came on to the scene it wasn't nearly as good as the old 35mm camera, and some people swear old Japanese stereo systems from the 80's sound better than anything produced today.

20 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

There's no justification for not having at least one TV in your domicile connected to an OTA antenna. Zero.

They're cheap, simple to install, and oh yeah, the best uncompressed image quality. If nothing else just have one in case of severe weather & unexpected cable/network outages.

What are the connectivity options (coax, HDMI, other)?  I need to check the inputs on our biggest screen.  I assume they're all HDMI.

10 minutes ago, ousux said:
25 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:
Just launched a free trial on YouTube TV -- live ABC (currently "Good Morning America") looks like ass.  Great.

All streaming looks potato compared to over the air networks, and even 4k streamed movies don't look or sound as good as the same thing on Blu-ray. I tested this with 2001 A Space Odyssey..one of my small collection of once a year movies. It's kind of like when digital photography came on to the scene it wasn't nearly as good as the old 35mm camera, and some people swear old Japanese stereo systems from the 80's sound better than anything produced today.

The DirecTV stream is really good.  It's a better picture than when I had Dish.  Fubo and YoutubeTV I agree with you.

Edited by kevwun

No, I checked last night and KVUE is missing from DirecTV streaming already.  I have a youtubetv login from work luckily.  You should be able to get the locals with an HD antenna.  It's good to have it as a backup for this nonsense.  We live too far from Austin, so it won't work for me.

Edited by kevwun

5 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Well, I'm finally cutting the cable and getting YouTube TV.  Can someone please walk me through the process, preferably with a diagram?

I'll walk you through it and keep you up to date on everything for $9.99 a month.  

You don't even have to remember when to renew,  i'll do that for you.  

6 hours ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

I'm currently using Fubo here in the UK. I personally like YouTube TV more, but I got actually Fubo a bit cheaper and it works just fine. Price varies depending on when you sign up it feels like. 

Fubo has more sports channels than YTTV (BallySW, MLBN, NHLN, P12N, LHN), but its interface and clarity is not as good.

I've been resisting the move from DirecTV because (a) I'm not poor (b) I work 70-80 hrs/wk (c) we have 5 TVs.  But, we've gone from 7 in our house to 4 and 5 TVs to 3, so it's now time to get off the tit.  Problem is, all our TVs (while decent big screens in their day) are a little long in the tooth, but they work fine.  Gotta find the right solution.  Bonus:  we're gonna sell this house soon, so it needs to be a short term solution.

I’ve been paying $293/month for Spectrum since the Obama administration.
(3 DVR boxes, Internet, and landline telephone bundle)
Is that a screw job?
That's no lube by Spectrum. I was in a similar bundle until October.

If you don't want too much change you can contact Spectrum & tell them you want to switch to their streaming bundle. You'll save considerably & can probably even have them come hook up everything & take away your old DVRs (that will save you at least $40/mo there).

27 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I've been resisting the move from DirecTV because (a) I'm not poor (b) I work 70-80 hrs/wk (c) we have 5 TVs.  But, we've gone from 7 in our house to 4 and 5 TVs to 3, so it's now time to get off the tit.  Problem is, all our TVs (while decent big screens in their day) are a little long in the tooth, but they work fine.  Gotta find the right solution.  Bonus:  we're gonna sell this house soon, so it needs to be a short term solution.

Firesticks + YouTube tv. We got off the DTV Teat last year after 15+ and haven’t looked back. On multiple TVs too. 
Stream East fills the gap in the rare instance I can’t find something.

12 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

After the first of the year I will be taking a hard look at YTTV.  I admit I'm an "old" (54), but I'm not a tech moron.  Just inexperienced. I know I'm paying way too much now: cable, DIsney+, Netflix and a couple other streaming platforms. Internet is through my cable provider.

My understanding is that I need to sign up with another internet provider and then with YTTV, yes?  Will that also get me any of the other streaming services, or will I still be paying for those?

And I'm really worried about the user experience.

My priorities:

1 - Channel-flipping, especially during football season

2 - Live tv, all local stations plus all the popular cable channels

3 - LHN, while it is still on.  Baseball season is important - will this keep me from cutting until May?

4 - DVR - I record shows all the time to watch later and enjoy being able to skip through the commercials.

How likely am I to be happy with what I get?

11 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Antenna + HDHomerun + Channels ATV App = no delay and best picture quality. 

I use Plex instead of channels because I've had a Media server set up forever, but same otherwise. It's fantastic. DVR feature works fantastic as well. Works for every TV in the house, with one antenna (or on my phone/tablet/computer anywhere I have internet).

Edited by UnivTex34