ABC -KVUE contract dispute

HillCountryBevo

anyone that has an IP-addressable tv purchased in the past 5 years 90% has the ESPN tile for the ESPN app already on the home screen

if not search for apps

select it and it will prompt you to authorize using "this device" or "another device"

choose "this device"

enter the email address for your Uverse or DirectTV login

you'll get an email saying "was this you?"

click yes, should authenticate and link all ESPN app access to your tv immediately

does not include +

does include 3

which is what we need to the pac game tonight, our game in the morning, and the sec game tomorrow

+++

tegna national station list:

https://filecache.mediaroom.com/mr5mr_dish/180164/Tegna Station List

+++

tegna hq main number:

703-873-6600

light 'em up

Edited by Hagbard Celine

18 hours ago, immamac said:

Is this for real? We watch most of the games that are on OTA on OTA at the tailgate. 4k uncompressed. Highest possible quality you can get is from OTA - how do none of you own a $15 thing that is so awesome. 

you can go get one at Best Buy, Walmart, anywhere that sells tvs really. If you are someone who can’t be bothered to go into a store you can get one from anywhere on the internet. 
https://www.rabbitears.info/searchmap.php

seems to only work on desktop. 

You have to make sure that the TV you buy has an ATSC 3.0 tuner to pick up true 4K OTA. Plenty of new TVs can produce 4K resolution via the HDMI connection, but a lot of them still have ATSC 1.0, so you won’t get any better than 1080p OTA…

8 minutes ago, tfoolry said:

Any recommendations on best device/stick to connect to my AVR via optical cable so I can utilize my 5 speakers for surround sound?  

If you’re advanced enough to have a fancy receiver, are you sure you don’t already have a smart TV, capable of downloading the YTTV/HuluLive/Fubo/ESPN, etc app of your choice? You may not need a Roku/Fire Stick/AppleTV, etc.

But if you are still in the market, I’ve had these type devices since the early days of Roku, and I don’t recall seeing an optical port on any. I suspect it’s just a matter of you using the connection you always have, as the device turns your TV smart, and the audio receiver will decode the stereo sound as the distribution allows. But I don’t know nuthin’, somewhat tech savvy, not a wire my house for ultimate sound guy…

17 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

YouTube TV is the best thing to happen to sports viewing since espn. 

The multi view plus unlimited recording storage.

What kind of dumbass pays for cable TV anymore?

9 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The only reason to have traditional cable TV is if you live in rural area with spotty broadband internet. 

I am still on U-Verse. But, it’s because I can watch: LHN, Astros, Rangers, Spurs, Mavericks, and Stars. 

I also looked at cord cutting costs vs UVerse costs every six months for the last several years. For my situation, there was finally a substantial cost difference (>$25 per month) in the last six months. It finally makes sense to go to YTTV financially, as long as you don’t want the regional sports. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

^ Better find an antenna or Firestick by 11a unless you want to watch on your phone/tablet.

Thing that kills me about all these Longhorn fans pimping for YT is they must not give a fuck about hoops/baseball/volleyball/softball, sports we're usually pretty good at. 

What games/channels do you have on whatever source you use that are missing from YTTV?

14 minutes ago, tfoolry said:

My 12 year old Sony tv only has YouTube. Not YouTube TV with no option to download apps.  

Legit question, does a 12 year old TV even have an HDMI port? You’ll need one to even connect to a modern smart device. Maybe it’s time to spend a little on a new TV (they are remarkably inexpensive now). 

Edited by Vito Andolini

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

And that proves my point. You have to use yet another hookup just to watch a channel you wish you had. 

I fully understand it won't matter after baseball season. 

I find 98% of the service and cost superior to the other streamers, and I’m not sacrificing that for the 2% of the time I may wish it easier to turn to LHN. 

2 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I find 98% of the service and cost superior to the other streamers, and I’m not sacrificing that for the 2% of the time I may wish it easier to turn to LHN. 

That's fine, but some of your posts make it seem like you either work for YT or got fired from DTV/AT&T at some point in the past. 

Everyone has different reasons. Some are Rangers/Stars/Mavs fans, some Astros, some UT smaller sports. It's cool, use what you like. 

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

a[[LHN 

Virtually every home game/match of those 4 sports is on there. 

First, LHN is walking dead. Second, the ESPN app upgrade has it. In big streamers Sling has it. I tried Sling, and liked it, but it had no "local" channels for Far West Texas. YTTV has the Midessa channels. Before you pimp OTA, those broadcasters are 150+ miles away...

HDMI has been around for 20 years, so I'd guess a 12-year-old TV would have HDMI ports, especially Sony. Worst case, DVI or VGA and use laptop sound. 

Don't miss out on your favorite local channels and sporting events
If you are missing local channels or sports, learn about alternative viewing options and how to watch with an over-the-air antenna.
Since we do not currently have an active agreement with TEGNA, DIRECTV is legally prohibited from airing its content for the time being. If you’ve been impacted by a loss of channels visit TVPromise.com and enter your ZIP code for status updates and to see if you qualify for any credits.

We had hoped to avoid any interruption of your channels. We share your frustration and hope to bring back your missing channels as soon as possible. An over-the-air antenna (OTA) can be used to view broadcasts from local television stations that may be available in your areas.
Watch NCAA Football conference championships

Games on ABC
PAC-12: Oregon Ducks vs. Washington Huskies
Friday, December 1 at 8:00 PM ET

Big 12: Oklahoma State Cowboys vs. Texas Longhorns
Saturday, December 2 at 12:00 PM ET

American: SMU Mustangs vs. Tulane
Saturday, December 2 at 4:00 PM ET

ACC: Louisville Cardinals vs. Florida State Seminoles
Saturday, December 2 at 8:00 PM ET

How to watch these games:
Via over-the-air antenna (OTA).
ESPN App – Download on the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Stream at www.espn.com/watch - If your package includes ESPN, you can “sign in with TV provider” using your DIRECTV user ID and password to stream.
Games on CBS
SEC: Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Georgia Bulldogs
Saturday, December 2 at 4:00 PM ET

How to watch this game:
Paramount+ App – Learn more about how to sign up & compatible devices.
Games on FOX
Mountain West: Boise State Broncos vs. UNLV Rebels
Saturday, December 2 at 3:00 PM ET

Big Ten: Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Michigan Wolverines
Saturday, December 2 at 8:00 PM ET

How to watch these games:
FOX Sports App – Download on the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Stream at foxsports.com/live – If your package includes FOX Sports, you can “sign in with TV provider” using your DIRECTV user ID and password for streaming.
NFL Sunday Games

Kansas City vs. Green Bay
Sunday, December 3 at 8:20 PM ET

How to watch this game:
Peacock App – Download on the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Peacocktv.com/ to stream live.

https://www.directv.com/support/satellite/article/000069445

11 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

That's fine, but some of your posts make it seem like you either work for YT or got fired from DTV/AT&T at some point in the past. 

Everyone has different reasons. Some are Rangers/Stars/Mavs fans, some Astros, some UT smaller sports. It's cool, use what you like. 

I use to have YTTV, but the either dropped/failed to pick up so many sports networks that I can't see why someone who likes sports can stay with them.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I am still on U-Verse. But, it’s because I can watch: LHN, Astros, Rangers, Spurs, Mavericks, and Stars. 

I also looked at cord cutting costs vs UVerse costs every six months for the last several years. For my situation, there was finally a substantial cost difference (>$25 per month) in the last six months. It finally makes sense to go to YTTV financially, as long as you don’t want the regional sports. 

but that's the problem

i don't want to run multiple platforms to get LHN, College Football, Stars, Rangers, Mavs, Cows, etc. plus Prem, Euro fitba, etc.

uverse is a fortune that i pay for convenience

the other problem is i am 47.2 miles from the tower cluster in cedar hill and i don't have a clear shot to the south horizon from inside the attic

• Like 1

Just now, Hagbard Celine said:

but that's the problem

i don't want to run multiple platforms to get LHN, College Football, Stars, Rangers, Mavs, Cows, etc. plus Prem, Euro fitba, etc.

uverse is a fortune that i pay for convenience

the other problem is i am 47.2 miles from the tower cluster in cedar hill and i don't have a clear shot to the south horizon from inside the attic

I don't know about all the soccer shit, but Fubo gets the rest of that.

Mother fuckdamn shit!! I’m losing my shit outside a llano. No direct tv abc. Went and got antenna. Trying to get setup, can’t catch signal. I’ve watched Texas v Colorado  while fishing from big shell shore on PINS, watched CBS real-time broadcast of fish while being reeled in while in the middle of gulf, but to hell if I can’t get set up to watch game tomorrow in Llano! Fuuuuck!, can stream with hot spot but looks like Raycom thru SPI fog. Would say fuk it and go to Arlington but drilled a buck on 71 driving back from Tech game. Worst nightmare in progress fuk!!! Just Fucking win Horns!

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, CptnJiggleBits said:

Mother fuckdamn shit!! I’m losing my shit outside a llano. No direct tv abc. Went and got antenna. Trying to get setup, can’t catch signal. I’ve watched Texas v Colorado  while fishing from big shell shore on PINS, watched CBS real-time broadcast of fish while being reeled in while in the middle of gulf, but to hell if I can’t get set up to watch game tomorrow in Llano! Fuuuuck!, can stream with hot spot but looks like Raycom thru SPI fog. Would say fuk it and go to Arlington but drilled a buck on 71 driving back from Tech game. Worst nightmare in progress fuk!!! Just Fucking win Horns!

I can live stream the game if ABC is still blacked out. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Is YTTV the only source?  That video quality sucks.

Same problem here, probably same cause.  Just ran a speed test with ATT and I’ve got a screaming 19.7 MBS down.  

Spectrum finally started hooking up my area (same lines, Time Warner just wouldn’t hook people up where I’m at) and finally have 1k coming…next week.  The sales girl laughed and apologized when I ran speed test last night and was at 14 MBS. 

fuck AT&T.   Really can’t wait to get actual internet service and dump ATT and tell them to come pick up all their shit.   If you happen to be driving in west Austin and see a pile of ATT gear in the yard with the sprinklers on, then I guess I doxxed myself. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted this in the Pac 12 CCG thread but if you can run out and find a winegard antennae (I have one and that’s what I am watching ABC on) it’s great. Wonderful picture/clarity plus something 200 or so random ass channels in addition to your local stuff. 

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/6860678/Winegard-FlatWave-Amped-Indoor-Amplified-HDTV/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&mediacampaignid=71700000113869387_20498145079&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAAD2Eb4do9bS4X5omjU4WAurULB68M&gclid=CjwKCAiApaarBhB7EiwAYiMwqsUmcn-Iw5-gYffMm34m-cV0mqDSVErX9hOvcehylWuDqCGb7wtbUBoCv6IQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

i pretty much have this model and it’s the best $50 bucks I’ve spent on television related shit. I don’t know if Sam’s, Costco, Walmart…try Office Depot. Call ahead I guess to make sure you can grab one. 

• Hook 'Em 3