ABC -KVUE contract dispute

HillCountryBevo

What in the ever loving fucking fuck? Good thing I'm not in Austin or something (or several somethings) gets burned to the fucking ground.

This wanting more money and holding shit hostage happens every year at this time. The loser? Consumers who either get fucked out of watching or have to pay more to switch to some cable/streamer they don't really want. Fuck off ABC/ESPN/Disney and everything mouse related, fuck all of it.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

It's specific to AT&T/DirecTV

Order an antenna off of Amazon for like $20. You can get it delivered tomorrow. I hooked my mother's up today.

I was about to say. Didn't I already miss a game due to a Spectrum dispute with Disney?

2 minutes ago, ousux said:

What in the ever loving fucking fuck? Good thing I'm not in Austin or something (or several somethings) gets burned to the fucking ground.

This wanting more money and holding shit hostage happens every year at this time. The loser? Consumers who either get fucked out of watching or have to pay more to switch to some cable/streamer they don't really want. Fuck off ABC/ESPN/Disney and everything mouse related, fuck all of it.

Yeah, Disney is the only villain in this dynamic. Good call, Ace…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

Order an antenna off of Amazon for like $20. You can get it delivered tomorrow. I hooked my mother's up today.

Or just go to Walmart or wherever and get one today. 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

I got Sling TV for this reason, for the Bama game, as the Spectrum outage went for roughly a week.
Cancelled it prior to the month being up.

Hook’em!!!

A weird artifact of our team being good has been that I’ve decided not to use sling for future seasons. It varies market by market but it doesn’t carry all of the the big broadcast stations. Here in the Raleigh market, it has….. abc, I think, but not Fox/NBC/CBS.

Which was not a big deal last year. This year? Lotta games on big boy Fox, I care a lot more about the games being played on the big stations.

it felt like a no brainer this year as well because it had LHN. Ha!

Edited by Celery Man

34 minutes ago, BERT said:

Yeah, but then you have to deal with all the aggy and OU grads working there.

1 minute ago, Not a Sock said:

YouTube TV you dinosaurs.

I'm going to finally break down and cut the cord and switch to a streaming provider after the first of the year, but I fucking HATE the user experience of streaming. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

People still have cable? I thought that was only for my 80 year old dad. Even he has YouTube TV now- they are cutting directv for this reason. 

If he can figure out how to use YouTube TV, you guys can too. Far superior interface to ATT/directv/dish/etc…

Having 4 games on the screen at once is fucking awesome. 

Edited by Wilcox Cummingtonite
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

48 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

So with an old school antenna, you can still get this in Austin?  We have that since Google Fiber shit the bed on cable TV.  So my regular KVUE signal will still work or do I need to cut a bitch?  

Here - go here and see what you can get in your zipcode using an antenna.  https://www.antennaweb.org/

This one is good as well, and doesn't have as many ads.  https://www.antennasdirect.com/

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I think ESPN will have it because the dispute is with the owner of KVUE, not Disney.

I hope so, at least.

You should be able to use the ESPN app to see it IIRC.  I think they carry the ABC games but there may be some sort of a blackout thing happening as well.

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

46 minutes ago, BERT said:

40 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

So with an old school antenna, you can still get this in Austin?  We have that since Google Fiber shit the bed on cable TV.  So my regular KVUE signal will still work or do I need to cut a bitch?  

33 minutes ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

I live in Kyle and can pick up KVUE without issue with HD antenna. Fox channel is a little iffy.

Is this for real? We watch most of the games that are on OTA on OTA at the tailgate. 4k uncompressed. Highest possible quality you can get is from OTA - how do none of you own a $15 thing that is so awesome. 

you can go get one at Best Buy, Walmart, anywhere that sells tvs really. If you are someone who can’t be bothered to go into a store you can get one from anywhere on the internet. 
https://www.rabbitears.info/searchmap.php

seems to only work on desktop. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Yeah, but then you have to deal with all the aggy and OU grads working there.

I'm going to finally break down and cut the cord and switch to a streaming provider after the first of the year, but I fucking HATE the user experience of streaming. 

I have one of these on all my TVs - like it much better than FireTV/Stick or Roku:  https://www.amazon.com/TiVo-Stream-4K-Streaming-Plug/dp/B089655HQV

It does not need a TiVo and does not play from a TiVo.  It is purely an android streaming stick.  The big difference is it not only has the micro-usb port for power, but it has a USB C port for adding whatever you want.  You can add a hub, ethernet adapter, mouse/keyboard, or a USB stick (I do that) to hold more apps.  I have a 128GB thumb drive attached to mine.  Also if you get an HDHomerun or some other OTA tuner it will show that, or you can get the channelsDVR app.  I use that because it allows you to make your own channels, so I have a kids channel, a Prince channel, a Longhorns Football games channel, and a bunch more.  I download that stuff from youtube or other places automatically and can watch it either on Plex (with the TiVo Stream 4k) or channelsDVR.  There are no fees or subscriptions or anything for this streaming stick.  You can also sideload it with whatever you need like any other android stick.  It does have a mini TiVo peanut remote - with the channel number keys, mute, and all the stuff that you wish the fire remote had.

Note - you have to make a TiVo web account to register and I think they only let you register somewhere between 4 and 8 of the sticks since they are so cheap.  

It’s Tegna vs. DirecTV, so it doesn’t affect many viewers, but obviously some of you. 

First of all, you should have dumped DTV long ago, it’s a shit platform for waaaay too much money.

You all probably have a smart TV by now, and if you don’t, get a Roku for $25 at Walmart and get YouTubeTV and upgrade your TV experience for easily less than half the price. Hulu LiveTV also works, Sling, etc. Or do the antenna thing. There are easy solutions.

1 hour ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

People still have cable? I thought that was only for my 80 year old dad. Even he has YouTube TV now- they are cutting directv for this reason. 

If he can figure out how to use YouTube TV, you guys can too. Far superior interface to ATT/directv/dish/etc…

Having 4 games on the screen at once is fucking awesome. 

if i want to go to a bar and watch, now i've got to call ahead and ask if they have AT&T...

fuck all that noise

Yes, I actually prefer watching ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox games by antenna because the quality is better than cable/streaming.

Most streaming services have the option of a cable-like channel menu thing if you so choose, or at least the ones with live TV such as Hulu+.

Yes, I actually prefer watching ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox games by antenna because the quality is better than cable/streaming.

Plus it can be anywhere from 15 seconds to a full minute faster than a stream.
Like Immamac said upstream, it is cheap as hell to get a decent OTA antenna and the video quality is great.

31 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

YouTube TV is the best thing to happen to sports viewing since espn. 

The multi view plus unlimited recording storage.

What kind of dumbass pays for cable TV anymore?

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

I want every channel and one bill.  I know I pay for my shit and all my kids have me paying all their subs, I probably pay for multiple accounts because I’m lazy and don’t make them share accounts.  

One day someone is going to get really rich when they figure out how to put all the channels on one platform, with one bill and one fucking remote.   Oh wait… that’s why I liked cable to begin with. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Seriously. The average age in this thread has to be like 65.

Hey now ... I'm 58 and have had YTTV for 3 years. Love the unlimited dvr & the game-watching features (key plays, stats, split screen, etc). I have a stupid amount of stuff in my dvr, & practically every good movie ever made ... and the dvr is the best dvr I've ever used in terms of functionality, hands down.