Formula 1 2024

Anton Chigurh

It would be really nice if there could be competition at the front.

Max got about 30 seconds of screen time in this race. Had 0 overtakes and 0 defenses. I wonder if he will lead every lap for the entire season?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)

I saw that Ferrari changed out brake ducts on Charles car before the race so I’m guessing they knew their might be an issue before the race.

Still annoying that Charles had brake issues today. He’s been about 10-15 seconds ahead of Carlos the last three years at Bahrain, so we could’ve had a real battle for second if not for that. Either way, Ferrari’s clearly fixed their tire deg issues, which is huge and they have a great shot at being consistently the second fastest this year. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

Yuki has shown the ability to be in the conversation for the second Red Bull seat, and doing stuff like that isn’t going to help his cause. Him thinking that he should have been given the position back after he screwed over Daniel is dumb. 

5 minutes ago, Levi said:

Yuki has shown the ability to be in the conversation for the second Red Bull seat, and doing stuff like that isn’t going to help his cause. Him thinking that he should have been given the position back after he screwed over Daniel is dumb. 

Especially if they talked about it before the race. 

Big yikes for him.

• Like 1

- How disappointing that after an off-season and new cars, the first race looks exactly like the races of last season. 

- In the words of Bum, Max can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n.

- When the Hamilton to Ferrari news dropped, I remember asking if Leclerc was for sure the driver that should stay. Still wondering that. Someone above mentioned Sainz for the second Red Bull seat. That would be very interesting. I've always like Sainz, but really rooting for him this year.

- I've always disliked Yuki. Add today to the list of reasons. 

3 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/jacques-villeneuve-image-not-results-kept-daniel-ricciardo-f1?utm_source=ground.news&utm_medium=referral

I think it is time for Danny Ric, Bottas, K Mag and Ocon to move on with their life’s work.

This. They are just essentially going through the motions. Not that they are bad, but they seem to do nothing. Would be interesting to get some new blood in those seats.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

It would be really nice if there could be competition at the front.

Max got about 30 seconds of screen time in this race. Had 0 overtakes and 0 defenses. I wonder if he will lead every lap for the entire season?

I said the same thing last year, but just give me a dozen races where Max at least has to discuss things like "undercut" and "over cut" with his team, even if he still wins. Right now, they don't even need a strategy. If he's not in the lead on lap 1, he will be by lap 5, then he can pit whenever he wants, have a slow stop not hurt him, use whatever tire he wants, go for a fast lap whenever he wants, pull over and acquire nachos whenever he wants...

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

This. They are just essentially going through the motions. Not that they are bad, but they seem to do nothing. Would be interesting to get some new blood in those seats.

4 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/jacques-villeneuve-image-not-results-kept-daniel-ricciardo-f1?utm_source=ground.news&utm_medium=referral

I think it is time for Danny Ric, Bottas, K Mag and Ocon to move on with their life’s work.

You left off the guy who is going to set the record for most f1 starts without a win or podium.

You left off the single pay driver left on the grid not named Stroll.

You left off the guy whose on the grid because of his last name.

You left off the single worst driver on the grid who finished last today and would have lost his seat already if he was a brit.

But sure. Let's run with 12 drivers!

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I said the same thing last year, but just give me a dozen races where Max at least has to discuss things like "undercut" and "over cut" with his team, even if he still wins. Right now, they don't even need a strategy. If he's not in the lead on lap 1, he will be by lap 5, then he can pit whenever he wants, have a slow stop not hurt him, use whatever tire he wants, go for a fast lap whenever he wants, pull over and acquire nachos whenever he wants...

If Max doesn't get a 15 second penalty for taunting this year by slowing way down, letting second place catch up, and then smoking them again, I'm going to be disappointed.

2 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

If Max doesn't get a 15 second penalty for taunting this year by slowing way down, letting second place catch up, and then smoking them again, I'm going to be disappointed.

Max: 

Writing Down The Boss GIF by Manchester United

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The “celebration” radio message was like me talking on the phone with my mom when I’m driving back into town to visit.

“I’ll probably stop at whataburger and then maybe HEB, if it’s open. Do you want me to get you anything? Ok, I’ll see you in 45 minutes or so. Look a bird…”
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NoName said:

You left off the guy who is going to set the record for most f1 starts without a win or podium.

You left off the single pay driver left on the grid not named Stroll.

You left off the guy whose on the grid because of his last name.

You left off the single worst driver on the grid who finished last today and would have lost his seat already if he was a brit.

But sure. Let's run with 12 drivers!

I have always said, even as late as last night, what I thought of Stroll’s daddy financing his kid’s extremely expensive hobby. 

As for Sargeant I think he will be drummed out rather quickly. 

There are other drivers who will be brought in to replace guys who get fired from their seats.