Marvel Universe on Netflix

Mojo Hand

After The Defenders, can these shows even be separated any more?   It's basically all one big show with different season focuses.   And do we have spoiler tags here yet?  I'll keep it general. 

The Iron Fist fucking sucks ass.  I don't mean the show, which is just OK (I know some people hate it), but Davos is right about this fucking douchebag.  He basically stole the Fist and sold out the monks for his own selfish reasons.   And then this worthless dumb ox ends up getting tricked into what he does in the hole with the Black Sky?  There is nothing redeeming about this asshole. 

Daredevil & JJ are a cut above.  Haven't yet seen the Punisher.  Liked the Defenders.  Luke Cage and Iron Fist below that. 

Also

1)  Black Sky 

2)  that chick with the poison needles that fought Iron Fist when he got challenged 

3a) Colleen Wing

3b) Claire

5) Jessica Jones

6) her blonde friend

7)  Karen Page

8) Joy

9) the chick Foggy is banging 

10) Trinity

11) Madame Gao

Edited by Mojo Hand

Starting Punisher now.  Agreed that JJ and I'm guessing Punisher are the most independent of them.  The others are all tied up with the Hand stuff.  I don't see how you can even watch the next season of Daredevil or Iron Fist without watching the Defenders first.

Liked DD, JJ, First half of Luke Cage. Thought Iron Fist and Defenders were pretty bad.

Iron Fist's fight choreography was wack IMO. You could pretty clearly tell he(the actor) wasn't a great martial artist if he was even a martial artist at all. He looked like an amateur and struggled against henchmen, which was stupid. Should have gotten someone like Donnie Yen to help him out with the fight choreo. 

Defenders was stupid because The Hand is stupid, and everything involving The Hand is stupid. So centering a show around The Hand being the main enemy is a recipe for a shit show. And it suffered more from the shit fighting of Iron Fist. 

Luke Cage was cool until they killed off Cottonmouth for his dumb ass sister. Mahershala Ali is a really good actor and Cottonmouth was starting to become a really good and complex villain. He also is an actual figure in the comic books. Shitty writing to take the story in the direction that they did. 

The only issue I have with the Marvel Netflix series is that they take so long to get going.  Iron Fist being a prime example. 

I'm about 9 episodes in on Jessica Jones season 2.  It took me about 5-6 episodes to really get into the story this time.  I can't stand that Trish character.

I love Iron Fist the comic book character.  I fucking HATE the douchebag on Netflix.  The show was written by the mongoloid cousins of the people writing Daredevil and JJ.  No offense to the orientals.  On top of shitty writing the lead is played by a frat boy with less range than a two year old with a compound bow.  If they told me that show was intended to air on the CW I'd believe it. Can't wait to get into season 2 of JJ.  Just waiting for a proper binge timeframe to come open.

12 hours ago, SMUlawUTgrad said:

Got tired of this stuff fast. It was good at first but then it was played out. 

Luke Cage was the start of the decline.  Loved the actor and he was great in Jessica Jones season 1 but the story for LC was too slow to develop and the villain wasn't a fair fight.

Iron Fist and Defenders were bad.  

I finished JJ Season 2 last night and was pretty disappointed with how it ended.   They made the story too predictable after midseason.

• 6 months later...
On 3/29/2018 at 9:59 AM, Amobie said:

Luke Cage was the start of the decline.  Loved the actor and he was great in Jessica Jones season 1 but the story for LC was too slow to develop and the villain wasn't a fair fight.

Iron Fist and Defenders were bad.  

I finished JJ Season 2 last night and was pretty disappointed with how it ended.   They made the story too predictable after midseason.

I watched DD 1 and 2, do I need to watch Defenders before DD 3?

Cool.  I also wasn't aware this was coming.  The preview appears to give away the plot of the entire season, but I'll still watch.  Fisk was an awesome villian in season 1.  Don't know who the imposter DD is, but I'm a bit confused at why Murdock isn't wearing the super DD outfit that was made for him.  Did he lose it in DD2 or the Defenders?  I don't remember.

13 hours ago, bernorange said:

Cool.  I also wasn't aware this was coming.  The preview appears to give away the plot of the entire season, but I'll still watch.  Fisk was an awesome villian in season 1.  Don't know who the imposter DD is, but I'm a bit confused at why Murdock isn't wearing the super DD outfit that was made for him.  Did he lose it in DD2 or the Defenders?  I don't remember.

BullsEye

On 10/20/2018 at 6:54 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Iron fist and now Luke cage?  Clearly the Hand has infiltrated Netflix. 

I'm only about 6 episodes into Daredevil, and really, everything about is top notch.  The other Marvel series on Netflix just suffer in comparison, and just have from the start. 

I never watched Iron Fist, but had heard enough bad things.  I thought Luke Cage's second season was an improvement from the first season, mainly because the second half of that first season was just horrible, in my opinion.

Anyway, I hope Daredevil hangs on, and I guess at some point I should watch the second season of Jessica Jones.  I've heard it suffers from a lack of Kilgrave.

• Like 1

Just finished daredevil s3. It was great, but for some reason it tested my suspension of disbelief.  DD has always been that way, but now there’s 3 main characters that aren’t superhuman by comic standards, but can all do crazy things. DD and his blind acrobatics, bullseye can throw any object and hit his target, with either arm, at any angle, including ricochets. And kingpin has everyone blackmailed. Everyone.  Set up years in advance. 

And in a timeline where he knows cage and Jones, why aren’t they fighting Fisk too?

Edited by Pato del Muerto

There's two strong theories about the cancellations.

1. We will be getting Heroes for Hire.  These series are expensive, and if ratings weren't the best for both, combining them won't cost much more for a season, and might have a lot more interest from folks.

2. Netflix is trying to poison the well as a fuck you to Disney Play (Disney's streaming service).   Cancel the shows, it's harder to generate interest if Disney were to pick them up later on for Disney Play (Netflix has the rights for the time being)/

• 1 month later...