Gun Control

Heavy 6

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

There is no more subterfuge.  They are telling you their intentions plainly.  

"In one of the first speeches, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas senior Delaney Tarr told the crowd of the students’ demands, including background checks and a ban on assault weapons. “When you give us an inch, that bump stocks ban, we will take a mile,”.

The lefts game plan is pretty damn transparent.  Been rolling with it for years. And pitifully, the Repub congress falls for it every time.

• Like 2

Wait, you're telling me that these MSD kids want more than bump stock ban? It's almost like... it's almost like they've been openly calling for gun regulations beyond the bump stocks ban!

They've been very clear that they also want universal background checks and age restrictions on weapons purchases, an assault weapons ban, and ban on high-cap mags.

So secretive!

9 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Wait, you're telling me that these MSD kids want more than bump stock ban? It's almost like... it's almost like they've been openly calling for gun regulations beyond the bump stocks ban!

They've been very clear that they also want universal background checks and age restrictions on weapons purchases, an assault weapons ban, and ban on high-cap mags.

So secretive!

And to repeal the 2nd amendment.   Oh wait.  No.  Sorry.  That’s the Vice Chair of the DNC.  Or did she misspeak...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Holy shit Delaney Tarr is the Vice Chair of the DNC? Hell yeah, girl!

Yeah.  I’d dodge that one too.  All the other Dem leaders are scrambling to deflect and disassociate.  Just be honest.  It’s your end game. Your more and more brazen about it.  Just embrace it

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

You know your argument sucks when you have to keep repeating the same strawman over and over. Who here is saying we should repeal the 2nd?

“Repeal the Second Amendment”

Clear enough?  Tweeted out by Senator Karen Carter Petersen.  But she doesn’t speak for you though.....

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

You know your argument sucks when you have to keep repeating the same strawman over and over. Who here is saying we should repeal the 2nd?

I'll quote myself again so maybe you can try to have a normal conversation here without strawmanning this bullshit every other post.

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I'll quote myself again so maybe you can try to have a normal conversation here without strawmanning this bullshit every other post.

You don’t craft policies.  You don’t propose legislation.  You don’t control leadership positions in the party.  But when senators and  Vice Chairs are openly and actively pushing outright repeal on the second amendment after they quickly moved past your usual ban/regulation talking points you damn sure better understood how that drives the rest of any conversations with those in the other side of the isle.  

18 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Clear enough?  Tweeted out by Senator Karen Carter Petersen.  But she doesn’t speak for you though.....

Louisiana State Senator... but you for some reason left that part out. It’s almost like you’re trying to be purposefully deceptive.

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Louisiana State Senator... but you for some reason left that part out. It’s almost like you’re trying to be purposefully deceptive.

Gotcha.  She’s not high enough on the totem pole for her repeal issuance to matter.  Probably nobody else feels that way either.  Lone wolf and all that.  Glad you cleared that up. 

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It's delusion that there is not a significant number on the left on board with this rhetoric. They are getting bolder in revealing their intention, day by day. 

I’m sure plenty of people do think a repeal of the second amendment is the solution. Plenty of people also think that’s a non-starter. I’m off the opinion that that entire argument weakens the argument for gun control. We can have common sense gun laws that help with our problems. We don’t need to repeal the second amendment and we shouldn’t because we can do something about our problems rather than just banning weapons. The problem with is dumbass argument is acting like it’s universal among liberals. 

Not all republicans think we should have a white ethnostate. Some do. It’s the same tired bullshit 

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

OK, so what does Delaney Tarr have to do with Louisiana State Senator Karen Carter Petersen? Do they attend the same lib cabal meetings?

Edited by bad_teammate

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It's delusion that there is not a significant number on the left on board with this rhetoric. They are getting bolder in revealing their intention, day by day. 

Nah, I think many are simply changing their intentions.

Just as many on the right are like, "Fine, fuck you, I'm finally donating to the NRA" there are those on the left saying, "Fine, fuck you, take all the fucking guns away."

I actually appreciate the calls to repeal the 2nd.  I think that that is exactly where the debate should reside.  I have long been on record, if you want to constrain the rights of law abiding americans wrt guns, repeal the 2nd.  At least it is intellectually honest.  Stevens is right in that regard. I think that we should re-examine all of the BOR in the light of modern times and context.  Let's see where we really stand. 4th is probably right out. 10th. LOL. 1st will get a good working over. We wipe our ass with the BOR on a daily basis in this country, I actually like the idea of making everybody take a big whiff of the paper. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

OK, so what does Delaney Tarr have to do with Louisiana State Senator Karen Carter Petersen? Do they attend the same lib cabal meetings?

Tarr?  The one echoing long standing Dem talking points months before critical midterms at a rally paid for by a DNC PAC.  Yeah.  Probably nothing.  Nothing at all. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Nah, I think many are simply changing their intentions.

Just as many on the right are like, "Fine, fuck you, I'm finally donating to the NRA" there are those on the left saying, "Fine, fuck you, take all the fucking guns away."

So one donates to a lobby group.  The other wants to take away constitutional rights. Same thing...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

So one donates to a lobby group.  The other wants to take away constitutional rights. Same thing...

Both actively working to influence the legislative process to different ends.

It is absolutely true that right-wingers can be hardened and radicalized by the existence of a black president or the mouthiness of teens. It is also absolutely true that the left-wingers can be hardened and radicalized, as well. It's not a one way thing.

14 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Shocking no one, the family of the youtube shooter notified police that their daughter/sister held serious grudges towards the company and was near the corporate HQ. Police actually found her Tuesday morning and did nothing.

What should they have done?

18 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I actually appreciate the calls to repeal the 2nd.  I think that that is exactly where the debate should reside.  I have long been on record, if you want to constrain the rights of law abiding americans wrt guns, repeal the 2nd.  At least it is intellectually honest.  Stevens is right in that regard. I think that we should re-examine all of the BOR in the light of modern times and context.  Let's see where we really stand. 4th is probably right out. 10th. LOL. 1st will get a good working over. We wipe our ass with the BOR on a daily basis in this country, I actually like the idea of making everybody take a big whiff of the paper. 

The 1st has had its share of controversy; e.g. what is "speech?"  Seems to have broad support from Left ("don't suppress my voice!") and Right ("political money is speech!").  I don't necessarily agree about the "wall of separation" described by Jefferson, because I don't know that freedom of religion should have to mean freedom FROM religion...

The 2nd has crazy strong support from the Right and moderate to low support on the Left.  Lots of arguments over definitions, limitations, etc.  Will continue to be a battleground and ultimately come down to who owns the SCOTUS when a case comes in front of it.

3rd is fairly antiquated now, considering we spend as much as the next 20 (friendly and allied!) militaries combined, they can afford to build their own accommodations, plus the civilian control of the military is well established so it's not like they are suppressing an unruly population on behalf of a regent.

The 4th is basically a joke now.  They will search you (without consent, see: NSA), or they'll get a rubber stamp warrant to do it (see: forced blood draws).

The 5th is mixed; double-jepordy is pretty intact, but eminent domain was evicerated in Kelo.

6th - meh.  "Speedy" trial?  Not so much.  You can get a jury trial but good luck with the impartiality part - you're already one step behind bars just being accused.  Can't be soft on crime!  I put this more on us being stupid as a population and less on the Gov't.

7th - ok

8th - the definition of cruel and unusual will continue to evolve.  I predict next is that we mandate air conditioning.  Or did that already happen>?

9th - the catch-all

10th - I think the Founding Fathers would be very disappointed by the strength of our Federal Gov't.  Also the interpretation of the Commerce Clause killed the 10th in the crib.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2018 at 9:25 AM, EastTexan said:

The lefts game plan is pretty damn transparent.  Been rolling with it for years. And pitifully, the Repub congress falls for it every time.

This is the crux of what drives the chasm.  According to many on the left, those on the right should be "reasonable" and for "common sense gun laws."

Let's play that out:

1. The Right plays ball and bans bump stocks, fixes NCIS, and let's say we go nuts and close the "gun show loophole."
  2. Over the next year, the amount of shootings don't change
  3. Now the professional Left is back at the table, demanding more - so to appear "reasonable" the Right shrugs off the NRA and raises the age to buy a long gun to 21, and bans "hi-cap" mags , only allows for manufacture of 5 round or less mags.
  4. Guess what...nothing - there are still shootings, because there are crazy people and 300MM+ guns out there.  So...
  5. Now the Left is back again.  The Right responds to the calls for "no more!" "do something" "be reasonable!" "common sense!" and bans the manufacture and import of ALL semi-auto guns in the U.S., limits ammo sale to one box per month, puts in place an optional Federal buy-back program.
  6. Nope...still shootings!
  7. Leading to the outright repeal of the 2A, outlawing of all but shotguns and a turning the optional buyback program into mandatory - you have a 2 year window to give them up or we put you in jail.
  8. Now that the (law abiding, legal) population is effectively disarmed, guess what?  Welp, now there is a massive black market for guns, and the shootings, they don't stop either.

Yeah, it's a slippery slope thing.  But when people are openly talking about Step 7 being the goal, it's not a hard leap to make.  Gun violence is down over the past twenty years even as amount of guns owned have gone up.  Mass shootings are up, and that is a Bad Thing, but I put that more on the polarization of our society, the "you're either with me or you're the devil" attitude that people have now than the guns.

As a reminder, A Gun Free America in 5 Easy Steps:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Government officials don’t give a shit about your civil rights. They are more than happy to regulate your life, and use all of their resources in the public sector, including taxpayer-funded allies, to strip away your freedoms and control you.

It shouldn’t be a left or right issue.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

A lot of truth bombs.  

If by "truth bombs" you mean "mostly a bunch of blustering bullshit", sure.

Around a minute in, our very large friends sets up the premise of his argument with some very dumb statements:

- No one wants to put the blame on the shooters
- Everyone wants to blame me
(I'm assuming he doesn't mean himself personally, but the general idea of the law-abiding citizen which he, of course, feels that he typifies)

Both of those statements are ridiculous and have no connection to reality.

- You want to turn around and restrict my rights.

OK this is true. But that's not a "punishment" so it doesn't fit with your setup. You're whining. One half of a LEGIT tag.

- We're the first ones taxed.

Yeah, that's how taxes work. This gets a LEGIT tag.

- And the last ones considered.

What?

- And the first ones punished when things like this happen?

What? People talking about relatively minor gun control matters that wouldn't impact you at all is a punishment? Just how fucking fragile are you, big man?

- Because our rights are the ones being taken away.

Which ones? What? If we agree on gun control legislation, it applies to everyone equally. What special group is being "punished" here?

- I'll turn my guns in.

No one is asking you to. I cannot think of a single person who is saying you should have to. Sir, what are you talking about?

- The Crips and Bloods won't turn their guns in.

True. Very true. I give this a LEGIT tag.

- We demonize, criminalize, and villify the police.

No we don't, what the hell are you talking about?

- And we make the criminals into victims.

What the fuck are you talking about?

- An AR-15 is not a military grade weapon.

Sir, what the fuck are you talking about?

- It's a .22, you'd get killed in 15 minutes.

lol wut?

- We need to drop all this division.

Weren't you just ranting about the loonies in the left? OK bud.

Thanks for posting this. We need to be reminded that the Ding-Dongs are not are the real majority. If you get caught up in the newspaper/TV, you start to wonder what happened to us. This man spoke from the heart and captured how the majority feels and that needs to celebrated. Not shunned.

The ding-dongs may have a few minds, but until they capture the heart, there is still hope for America.
If by "truth bombs" you mean "mostly a bunch of blustering bullshit", sure.
Around a minute in, our very large friends sets up the premise of his argument with some very dumb statements:
- No one wants to put the blame on the shooters
- Everyone wants to blame me
(I'm assuming he doesn't mean himself personally, but the general idea of the law-abiding citizen which he, of course, feels that he typifies)
Both of those statements are ridiculous and have no connection to reality.
- You want to turn around and restrict my rights.
OK this is true. But that's not a "punishment" so it doesn't fit with your setup. You're whining. One half of a LEGIT tag.
- We're the first ones taxed.
Yeah, that's how taxes work. This gets a LEGIT tag.
- And the last ones considered.
What?
- And the first ones punished when things like this happen?
What? People talking about relatively minor gun control matters that wouldn't impact you at all is a punishment? Just how fucking fragile are you, big man?
- Because our rights are the ones being taken away.
Which ones? What? If we agree on gun control legislation, it applies to everyone equally. What special group is being "punished" here?
- I'll turn my guns in.
No one is asking you to. I cannot think of a single person who is saying you should have to. Sir, what are you talking about?
- The Crips and Bloods won't turn their guns in.
True. Very true. I give this a LEGIT tag.
- We demonize, criminalize, and villify the police.
No we don't, what the hell are you talking about?
- And we make the criminals into victims.
What the fuck are you talking about?
- An AR-15 is not a military grade weapon.
Sir, what the fuck are you talking about?
- It's a .22, you'd get killed in 15 minutes.
lol wut?
- We need to drop all this division.
Weren't you just ranting about the loonies in the left? OK bud.
As usual, the President Ding-Dong has more more hypocritical propaganda to push.
  • Like 5

Who cares if most of what he says is obvious bullshit, at least he is good at being mad out loud. Gee.... what does that remind me of?

giphy.gif

No more bullshit than what you keep posting. 'Mr. I have semi-automatic rifles, but don't want anyone else to have them'. 

5114aa82d755410f3c9fbe953743224d.gif

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Thanks for posting this. We need to be reminded that the Ding-Dongs are not are the real majority. If you get caught up in the newspaper/TV, you start to wonder what happened to us. This man spoke from the heart and captured how the majority feels and that needs to celebrated. Not shunned.

The ding-dongs may have a few minds, but until they capture the heart, there is still hope for America. As usual, the President Ding-Dong has more more hypocritical propaganda to push.

Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today.

25 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

The ding-dongs may have a few minds, but until they capture the heart, there is still hope for America. As usual, the President Ding-Dong has more more hypocritical propaganda to push.

Must spread

4 minutes ago, Amobie said:

Most people buy the .223 Remington for their ARs because the ammo is so cheap.  

I'm aware. People often try to claim the AR-15 is "just a .22" as a deflection, because people that don't know any better will think of .22 rimfire cartridges and assume that's what the AR-15 fires. It's a deliberate attempt to minimize the power of the rifle in people's minds.

30 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

As usual, you have nothing to add to the discussion and no rebuttal to salient points.