USMNT 2024

Captain Ron

Just now, Ted Lange said:

Brazilian fans when they first lay eyes on Kyle Field

joe-pesci-what-the-fuck.gif

This could be one of the dumbest desicions in sports. How many hotel room does Collie Station have? Just like the eclipse, I have to see it. Yo, CDC, why not in Austin?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

How many calls is DPS and Polic dept gonna get from locals claiming the migrant caravan has arrived in College Station that week?  25,000+?

omg texags is going to be a goldmine.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

CCV got another knock so was probably left off for that reason. Debate on US soccer sub is whether Miles or McKenzie is the beneficiary.

Adams on the bench for Bournemouth today and is expected to play.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

This could be one of the dumbest desicions in sports. How many hotel room does Collie Station have? Just like the eclipse, I have to see it. Yo, CDC, why not in Austin?

Uh, because likely no one would play there since we don't have grass.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Not sure where to put this. Brazil and Mexico are playing at Kyle Field this summer. @MissingInAction and me are* talking about a Texas crew to go.

1- Two good teams. I am all about Brazil.

2- UT needs a visible presence. Fuck aggy.

3- We can learn their parking before the football rematch. Again, fuck aggy.

https://www.si.com/college/tamu/news/texas-am-tamu-aggies-kyle-field-host-first-international-match-mexico-brazil-national-teams

1) I don’t go to College Station.

Have been once and am never. Going again.

2) * “Me are” is fucking regarded grammar. 

Even the Mexicans & Brazilians wouldn’t butcher English like that. 

3) Hopefully the concessions are influenced by the two teams, but get there just in case and sample the food outside the stadium. 

Trash something on campus on your way out. Maybe use some kind of week killer to kill off the grass in an area that says:

27-25

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Agreed. Inka is so regarded. It's almost as bad as those who punctuate improperly. Like this gem I just read:

Like OMG, what an idoit! Let's just hope this villain doesn't start using his exclamation points haphazardly.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

19 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Arguably the finest roster the U.S. has assembled. Will be interesting to see if it lives up to the (my) hype.

"H(y)ope is a dangerous thing, my friend, it can kill a man" 

-Don't forget the slug that sets the lineups, formations and botches the substitutions that sits on the boundary

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, Napoleon said:

1) I don’t go to College Station.

3) Hopefully the concessions are influenced by the two teams, but get there just in case and sample the food outside the stadium. 

Trash something on campus on your way out. Maybe use some kind of week killer to kill off the grass in an area that says:

27-25

Weed killer?  Why not just a couple 50 gallon drums of heavily salted water and make some designs?  

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

This is amazing. Milan makes a post about CP scoring in 3 straight matches.

Top comment:

Screenshot_20240314_213914_Instagram.thumb.jpg.4838468b30deb01e80dcdd9fcbbb23b8.jpg

Which roughly translates to: "if Chelsea has any more "scraps" they'd like to give us, we'll volunteer"

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

Remember a year ago, when Pulisic first went to AC Milan and many were worried if Leao would keep Christian on the bench? Fast forward to today and you see the sort of highlights that @ztejas shared, with both players featured simultaneously.

Credit Puli for working hard, getting better, staying healthy and proving to Pioli that he deserved any minute he could get.

But let's also credit Pioli for recognizing how Christian is special and finding a way to get both Leao and Pulisic on the pitch at the same time.

The right boss makes all the difference.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ztejas said:

This is amazing. Milan makes a post about CP scoring in 3 straight matches.

Top comment:

Screenshot_20240314_213914_Instagram.thumb.jpg.4838468b30deb01e80dcdd9fcbbb23b8.jpg

Which roughly translates to: "if Chelsea has any more "scraps" they'd like to give us, we'll volunteer"

That list of Chelsea scraps just grows...

You can fuck around up there in Iceland with it's high quality of living and breathtaking natural scenery, or you can get on a plane to Columbus, Ohio and do something that actually matters. 

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, The Maestro said:

My Wolverhampton crush, Georgia Eden, was looking to be chuffed, but she ended up gutted.

Her hair has definitely been better, but she’s young and still finding her look.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

1) Alejandro Moreno looks WAY better for Club America than he does for the US.  Also, 2) Cade Cowell was playing for Chivas.  I was under the impression that Chivas consisted of only Mexican nationals.  I guess I was wrong.

1) Alejandro Moreno…

IMG_3315.thumb.jpeg.28e1e29b0fa488f2f50a34896823dcac.jpeg

2) Cade Cowell

IMG_3316.thumb.jpeg.20e6dd878b5bf37659725eff68d9c609.jpeg

Guadalajara has accepted that they need to allow dual nationals (especially with Aztec blood 🩸) to play on their team or they will fall further into irrelevancy. 

Cade has a Mexican passport, so he’s good enough these days.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

1) Alejandro Moreno…

IMG_3315.thumb.jpeg.28e1e29b0fa488f2f50a34896823dcac.jpeg

2) Cade Cowell

IMG_3316.thumb.jpeg.20e6dd878b5bf37659725eff68d9c609.jpeg

Guadalajara has accepted that they need to allow dual nationals (especially with Aztec blood 🩸) to play on their team or they will fall further into irrelevancy. 

Cade has a Mexican passport, so he’s good enough these days.

1.  My bad.

2.  That makes sense.  My memory of Chivas' rule was of 10+ years ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

We're witnessing the birth of our first Euro superstar. I think we all wondered if a young kid would come along and break through - turns out that kid was already here. 

TWENTY. For fucking MILAN. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Drool 1

57 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We're witnessing the birth of our first Euro superstar. I think we all wondered if a young kid would come along and break through - turns out that kid was already here. 

TWENTY. For fucking MILAN. 

Puli flew past his marker to be in pole position  to get to that keeper’s save first.

He may be about 5’6”-5’7” and weigh about 120-130 lbs, but that boy can fly.

11 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Puli flew past his marker to be in pole position  to get to that keeper’s save first.

He may be about 5’6”-5’7” and weigh about 120-130 lbs, but that boy can fly.

He's quick and smart as shit. He honestly has a little Messi in him - that nose for the ball and goal when he's playing off ball. He's nowhere near the talent Messi is but they're both small guys that see the pitch well and wind up in the right places at the right times. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, dogbreath said:

Sargent, De La Torre injured. Wright, Aaronson added. Nice to have both of the additions score over the weekend. 

I don’t like adding Aaronson

He sucks ass for months, if not a year and then finally gets dropped. 

He has one good game and he’s back in the squad. 

JFC, Gregg! What the fuck?

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I don’t like adding Aaronson

He sucks ass for months, if not a year and then finally gets dropped. 

He has one good game and he’s back in the squad. 

JFC, Gregg! What the fuck?

Well, Gregg.