Beer 2024: Your mom’s January won’t be dry.

finally stopped by the austin beerworks facility on springdale. enjoyed the dunkel i had but never going back to that place. it was like drinking at a daycare. 

• Haha 1

Its an unfortunate reality to many, many breweries.  

I'm all for having a family friendly environment, but it does get way out of hand.  

Fricken dogs too.  I am in not anti-dog, but god damn I don't want your fucking german shepard licking my leg, or its tail brushing my food.  fuck.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

If I want to get loaded I don’t go to a brewery. 

Outside of beer releases I almost never see people at breweries loaded.

We usually stop in, have 1-2, and grab something to go.

On 5/6/2024 at 2:24 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

Come and watch daddy get loaded (along with lots of other people), kids!

TIL my dad was a trend setter.  He used to take me with him to the bar his friend owned, pull a chair over to the pinball machine, and set me up with a roll of quarters.

On 5/6/2024 at 7:20 PM, zlavydra said:

Tmavý from Moonlight.

PXL_20240507_001531110.jpg

I see the Kozel glass...how does this beer compare?

Net time you're in the Czech Republic, try Bernard.  They were my favorite brewery when I lived there.

BERNARD family brewery

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, DixonHur said:

How does this beer compare?

Net time you're in the Czech Republic, try Bernard.  They were my favorite brewery when I lived there.

BERNARD family brewery

Honestly, I haven't had Kozel in decades, so I barely remember anything specific about it.  I know it was my favorite when I was there, along with Jezek from Brno.  I lived in Prague and Brno in the mid-90s and haven't been back since 2002, right after which I divorced my Czech ex. 

Edited by zlavydra
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, zlavydra said:

Honestly, I haven't had Kozel in decades, so I barely remember anything specific about it.  I know it was my favorite when I was there, along with Jezek from Brno.  I lived in Prague and Brno in the mid-90s and haven't been back since 2002, right after which I divorced my Czech ex. 

Yeah, Kozel is good.  It was my favorite too until I found Bernard.

Only had Jezek once because I like the hedgehog logo, but I didn't really get into it.  Compared to most American beer it's great but living in the CR you're never at a loss for good beers.

• Hook 'Em 1