Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

Can’t ask for a better day yesterday 

Texas wins. OKST beats OU to create a tie at the top of the Big 12 standings. UF beats aggy. 

If you told me after the OU series that Texas would be on a 14 game winning streak since the second game of the OU series and OU would have dropped 2 more games since losing 2/3 in Austin, I wouldn’t have believed you.

Bedlam day 2 at noon (ESPN) with Texas an hour after on ESPN+

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Iguana said:

Bizarre stats for OSU-OU game.  OSU walked 8 batters and had 3 errors.

And OU had 1 hit until the 6th inning. I’m sure OU knows they can play better, but Kenny can sell the same to his team. Gonna be intense today.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

And OU had 1 hit until the 6th inning. I’m sure OU knows they can play better, but Kenny can sell the same to his team. Gonna be intense today.

Maxwell moves to the other side of Bedlam seeking to be on a winning team. Immediately loses 

• Haha 1

Watched that ou/osu game on a flight to Austin last night. Every OSU score got a clap from me and I didn’t know why the couple next to me kept giving me the evil eye then I realized it was because my claps were so loud. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Can’t ask for a better day yesterday 

Texas wins. OKST beats OU to create a tie at the top of the Big 12 standings. UF beats aggy. 

If you told me after the OU series that Texas would be on a 14 game winning streak since the second game of the OU series and OU would have dropped 2 more games since losing 2/3 in Austin, I wouldn’t have believed you.

Bedlam day 2 at noon (ESPN) with Texas an hour after on ESPN+

Gonna be a good day of sports with three screens rolling.  Wife thinks I'm nuts but no plans today while she is away with her mom and my sister-in-law.  So.... its a drink some beer, fix things in the shop, watch Bedlam/Texas softball, Texas baseball, Ranger baseball, the Derby and MMA kind of day!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HuntinHorn said:

Gonna be a good day of sports with three screens rolling.  Wife thinks I'm nuts but no plans today while she is away with her mom and my sister-in-law.  So.... its a drink some beer, fix things in the shop, watch Bedlam/Texas softball, Texas baseball, Ranger baseball, the Derby and MMA kind of day!

ESPN App will be getting a lot of use with that grid 

Bedlam, Texas Softball, Texas Baseball, UF/aggy

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

https://weather.com/weather/radar/interactive/l/ea48f4efcd297b06fa2fcd4a98c417b20b465b386ed6e59870da3f0b6c2ef6b3

Radar shows t'storms on outskirts of Norman between 12:30 - 2PM.    Heavy rain overnight but hopefully will clear for 3PM game.   Lubbock looks good for Sat.

@Js1  @FloridaHorn      Any thoughts on why Kenny G elected to start Aycock in game 1 and then Kilfoyl ?    Plans to pitch both all 3 games ?

Edited by torre

Posted (edited)

I thought it was super ballsy but he may have felt like they were going to hit Maxwell enough to allow for Kilfoyl to come in late and close it out.

Ivy Rosenberry starts today. Will be interesting to see if Lexi comes out of the pen or they save her for Sunday.  If they have a late lead, could also see Kilfoyl come in. Kenny may be trying to do what we did and not really let OU see anyone 3 times in one game 

May starting for OU 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, torre said:

https://weather.com/weather/radar/interactive/l/ea48f4efcd297b06fa2fcd4a98c417b20b465b386ed6e59870da3f0b6c2ef6b3

Radar shows t'storms on outskirts of Norman between 12:30 - 2PM.    Heavy rain overnight but hopefully will clear for 3PM game.   Lubbock looks good for Sat.

@Js1  @FloridaHorn      Any thoughts on why Kenny G elected to start Aycock in game 1 and then Kilfoyl ?    Plans to pitch both all 3 games ?

I honestly think Kenny was saving Kilfoyl for today and willing to take a few lumps yesterday. OU let it get away and now Kenny holds all the cards for today. I’m sure Patty will throw Nicole May, and if the Pokes can lay off her change they have a great chance to go up 2-0 in the series.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

I honestly think Kenny was saving Kilfoyl for today and willing to take a few lumps yesterday. OU let it get away and now Kenny holds all the cards for today. I’m sure Patty will throw Nicole May, and if the Pokes can lay off her change they have a great chance to go up 2-0 in the series.

It’s Rosenberry v May according to live stats 

I think you try to hit May and see if you can get Rosenberry through 4 or 5 with a lead and bring in Kilfoyl. If OU is just destroying them, you save Kilfoyl for tomorrow 

Edited by Js1

If osu wins again today, then we really have to sweep or end up on the wrong end of a tiebreaker. Though if osu can go 4-2 or better vs Texas and ou then they are very deserving of the 1 seed. 

would also mean ou finishes third lol. 

2 hours ago, HuntinHorn said:

MMA?

I guess it's better than NBA. Maybe.

Well, WNBA anyway.

3 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

I'm sure she's a nice person, but that tech pitcher that got pulled is the worst conference pitcher we've seen this season.  Just dreadful.  

We haven’t even seen their worst yet. Rains is worse and Kuehl is barely ahead of her 

In Big 12 play, their primary pitcher has been Wright (5.58 ERA in 64 IP) and then a trio of lesser used pitchers in Kuehl (12.60 ERA in 21.2 IP), Blackledge (7.20 ERA in 23.1 IP) and Rains (12.69 ERA in 16 IP)

Posted (edited)

lol again now they’re playing jump around unedited with “ill serve your ass like John McEnroe/if your girl steps up I’m slappin the ho” blaring at a women’s game with presumably a bunch of girls in attendance. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

B12 and Tech will no longer be our concern,  but I thought Tech would improve under Craig Snider (hitting coach @ Fl St and aggy)    Looking at the coaching staff,  he has one asst from Wash Univ in St Louis and 2 former Fl St grad asst coaches, one who seems to be the pitching coach.    Likely no one on his staff has connections to the Texas/National travel ball circuit. 

Weather and Radar Map for Norman, OK - The Weather Channel | Weather.com

Latest radar shows t'storms in Norman area till close to 4PM.