San Diego @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

Not saying he can’t be an effective pitcher throwing 89, but I’m a little concerned that Witt can’t hit 90 and doesn’t have much control.  
Always hear stories of guys coming back from TJ throwing harder and our course our guy is the one that loses 8 mph and his command. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, EZ$ said:

Not saying he can’t be an effective pitcher throwing 89, but I’m a little concerned that Witt can’t hit 90 and doesn’t have much control.  
Always hear stories of guys coming back from TJ throwing harder and our course our guy is the one that loses 8 mph and his command. 

No shit. He’s not an option if he can’t get the velocity up. 

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

Every year it seems like Pierce starts the season with 1.5 SPs.  I don't get it.

4 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Just tuned in.  What in wide world of sports is going on.

Same stuff as always. There’s literally no excuse to have holes in the roster these days, especially at Texas. SP, 2B, and C, for example.

I really like Pierce, overall, but he has some real negative trends with roster management and some WTF in-game, situational decisions. 

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, MuellerHorn said:

Same stuff as always. There’s literally no excuse to have holes in the roster these days, especially at Texas. SP and 2B are two examples. 

Don’t forget Catcher is also suspect right now. 

3 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Same stuff as always. There’s literally no excuse to have holes in the roster these days, especially at Texas. SP, 2B, and C, for example.  

Yup it’s a real problem. I don’t doubt that DP will coach these guys up and we will be a good team with a chance at Omaha again. Just seems to be what he does. But if we want to win the thing we need some complete rosters at some point.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Hondo said:

LHN was stuck on tennis for a bit.  Y'all mind giving a little update on Witt?

Was he pulled because of command or did he injure his arm again?

Not hurt. Subpar velocity and shaky command. All three outs in the first were on balls put into play. Pierce pulled him before it got really bad.