2024 Astros Foundation College Classic

HendersonHorns

55 minutes ago, Beer Drinker said:

Just got back from game, about halfass shitfaced.  2 things

- Schuessler sucks defensively big time. I realize Galvan was injured but we should have more than one catcher that doesn’t allow 4-5 balls by him per game.  

- There might have been more LSU fans than UT fans for our game just waiting and getting sauced up for theirs.  Makes for a home field advantage for TX ST with UH/LSU/TX ST all rooting against us. Not an excuse just the typical Texas hate

i wouldn’t be shocked of galvan broke his hand 

Just now, B00M said:

Couldn’t watch or listen to the game. Just saw the final score. My condolences to those of you that suffered through that

hide GIF

i was in the middle of bobcat milf heaven. Lot of victory hugs 

Just now, NorthLoop said:

Pitching has been pretty good this year so far actually. Catching is fine as long as Galvan is back there, and he hurt his thumb yesterday. 

Galvan is certainly better and I'm talking about pitching that isn't against the little sisters of the poor.  We'll see.  These games and @Tech will tell us a lot.

Pierce has started this way before but the staff seems more suspect than previously.

At least we hit the ball some today.

46 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Pitching has been pretty good this year so far actually. Catching is fine as long as Galvan is back there, and he hurt his thumb yesterday. 

Not really. We had both our starters run within 4 innings this weekend. San Diego was good but the rest of the competition was pretty garbage at hitting. Our closer blew a lead. The sky isnt falling but the pitching isnt "pretty good"

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Not really. We had both our starters run within 4 innings this weekend. San Diego was good but the rest of the competition was pretty garbage at hitting. Our closer blew a lead. The sky isnt falling but the pitching isnt "pretty good"

Yeah I can tell you didn't actually watch any of those games. They looked good. Your schtick is getting old. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Ok, what about kind of good?

8 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

San Diego was good but the rest of the competition was pretty garbage at hitting. 

Well, Cal Poly did manage to score against Utah today. Twice! Bad news is the Utes pounded them for 12.

• Haha 1

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I have watched every game. People can have different opinions than you. Get over it. 

If you've actually watched every game then you'd know that our pitching, both starters and bullpen, have looked pretty damn good this year despite the opponent. Yes Cal Poly sucks, but a shutout sweep has only happened for us 3 times ever. If your opinion is that our pitching hasn't been good before this weekend, then you don't know a fucking thing about pitching. 

6 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

If you've actually watched every game then you'd know that our pitching, both starters and bullpen, have looked pretty damn good this year despite the opponent. Yes Cal Poly sucks, but a shutout sweep has only happened for us 3 times ever. If your opinion is that our pitching hasn't been good before this weekend, then you don't know a fucking thing about pitching. 

I don't hold Cal Poly in the same esteem that you do. Let's hope this weekend was the outlier. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I don't hold Cal Poly in the same esteem that you do. 

I literally said they suck. 

We always play shittier programs in February. They still score an occasional run. A shutout sweep is rare. Does that make us some elite pitching staff? No. But you can't say our pitching staff sucks because "oh yeah they had a shutout sweep but it was against a shitty team" ... statements like that show that you clearly are a bandwagon fan and your opinion is worthless. 

3 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

We always play shittier programs in February. They still score an occasional run. A shutout sweep is rare. Does that make us some elite pitching staff? No. But you can't say our pitching staff sucks because "oh yeah they had a shutout sweep but it was against a shitty team" ... statements like that show that you clearly are a bandwagon fan and your opinion is worthless. 

Let me rephrase that... statements like that show that you have no idea how baseball works. 

5 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

You seem to be agitated. Get some rest. We are all on the same team here. 

44 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

It’s almost like we shut out a team all 3 games in a series for the first time since nam

8 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

We are all on the same team here. 

23 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

You seem to be agitated. Get some rest. We are all on the same team here. 

Dude. You did nothing but shitpost on the game thread. We are definitely not on the same page. You're a fucking loser with a loser mentality. Texags is more your speed. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah ok. Sure they have looked strong in these two games in this tournament but let's see where Texas State is in May before we plan to poach all their guys.

Mora already has 20 HR's in college, and if you don't already see Farber's talent, you must be blind.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Biggest blunder of the offseason we didn’t recognize in real time was not taking a catcher from the portal or juco ranks.

Not sure how I convinced myself we were okay at that spot but I did. A raw Rylan Galvan and a walk-on coming off an injury in 2023.

Edited by Hookem2147

13 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Biggest blunder of the offseason we didn’t realize in real time was not taking a catcher from the portal or juco ranks.

Not sure how I convinced myself we were okay at that spot but I did. A raw Rylan Galvan and a walk-on coming off an injury in 2023.

Well, Galvan is going to develop through the year. Schuessler is like a Petrinsky lite. That homer was nice, but he’d hit like .230 on the year as an everyday starter.

Galvan on the other hand could be good to great. Just needs more reps. But yeah, not having a legit 3rd team catcher is murdering us. Why don’t we have a Teagarden, Rupp, Tres or Silas ever year? That’s our standard 

0-2 so far for the weekend, this makes for a longer than usual drive to the HTX this morning.  So, what can we fix first that will begin to pay dividends?  Coaching? Offense or Defense?  I've been on team DP since day one, so I guess continuing sticking with him one more season is my only choice.  Speaking of choices, Schuessler is about the only choice at C until Galvan can return.  PB and JOD, should they continue to get time on the field?  Was yesterday's performance enough to let them swing the bat?  It's baseball and a lot of things have to go right to win.  Baseball and fishing both take some optimism to enjoy.  Maybe we should check their shockers or eye lids or have 'em wear garter belts.  If I had the answers, I'd be in the dugout giving signs.  I'll be there today to support the boys.  Give 'em hell today and stick it to Vandy. 

• Like 1