Surly Job: NIL Tailgate Lead

immamac

We are beginning to plan tailgates for next season home and away. Compensation TBD but I’m thinking tickets and travel to every away game is on the table to start. 

Im looking for someone to run the tailgates I cannot attend from a day of operations and coordination perspective as well as running point on collecting and posting content on the board from the events. Looking for people with experience in event coordination or management. 

To apply write a post saying why you would be a good fit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Well for starters, "I'm here for the Gangbang."  

In all seriousness, and you know what the hell you're doing obviously, would you consider a current UT student for the role?  I mean somebody (or 2 and split the benefits) that has their shit together could run this as a kind of supply-chain/logistics/NIL/marketing/social media project and probably get you and BurntEnds more support from McCombs/COLA and the like.  In all honesty, there's students that have their shit together than most surly posters.  But if you're looking for a regular poster, I get it.  And Frank and I will talk it over.  But there could be another angle here that both gets shit done for you and improves exposure in alignment with your growth plans.  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Well for starters, "I'm here for the Gangbang."  

In all seriousness, and you know what the hell you're doing obviously, would you consider a current UT student for the role?  I mean somebody (or 2 and split the benefits) that has their shit together could run this as a kind of supply-chain/logistics/NIL/marketing/social media project and probably get you and BurntEnds more support from McCombs/COLA and the like.  In all honesty, there's students that have their shit together than most surly posters.  But if you're looking for a regular poster, I get it.  And Frank and I will talk it over.  But there could be another angle here that both gets shit done for you and improves exposure in alignment with your growth plans.  

Yes. I would actually prefer a student. I would mega super prefer a student athlete of another sport. 

metric fucktons of yes: someone with "current" 40 ties

current student? especially other-sport athlete?  no way belmont is down with that given who we are and how we behave

just graduated and in west campus slacker mode?

BINGO

the tower has enough problems with sig ep etc.

this is the perfect "intern" gig for an ex-athlete with belmont cred that just graduated and is no longer enrolled or on scholly

RTF graduate a massive bonus

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I'm assuming this is a seasonal gig? Or is it full time/year round and includes the responsibilities of all the other Burnt Ends functions?

Well I can’t go to all the games. I need someone to do the away games, to learn how to do that right they need to come to the home and away games early season that I am running. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Might be worth it to give Texas Iron Spikes a drop in. They are a student org on campus that host tailgates for football and baseball. They are technically a service group. They have an officer position for tailgates and sponsors already so they understand how the logistics of picking up supply/ assembling shit should work for these tailgates. There’s probably some guy who did it before or someone who wants to prove themselves next time they vote on officers.

15 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

metric fucktons of yes: someone with "current" 40 ties

current student? especially other-sport athlete?  no way belmont is down with that given who we are and how we behave

just graduated and in west campus slacker mode?

BINGO

the tower has enough problems with sig ep etc.

this is the perfect "intern" gig for an ex-athlete with belmont cred that just graduated and is no longer enrolled or on scholly

RTF graduate a massive bonus

Finally something RTF majors can do besides getting railed

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Might be worth it to give Texas Iron Spikes a drop in. They are a student org on campus that host tailgates for football and baseball. They are technically a service group. They have an officer position for tailgates and sponsors already so they understand how the logistics of picking up supply/ assembling shit should work for these tailgates. There’s probably some guy who did it before or someone who wants to prove themselves next time they vote on officers.

Anyone know anyone? 

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for this! I'm organized, quick on my feet and rolling with the punches, try to always have backup plans if things go south, and am used to hosting. 

To start with the first half of my statement from 2015-2023 I ran an enrichment company where every day was a curve ball and no matter how hard you planned, you always had to have a plan for the plan. Being the head of operations, I'm also great at planning events and handling all that comes with that. We hosted a variety of different events, and I'd love to handle this as well. This is obviously different, but if I can handle lots of parents and kids with ease, this will be no problem, and be fun! Our (Surly) tailgaites are a blast. I've been to a few early and helped set up and have no issue with aiding in the back end work. 

With the hosting part, I enjoy getting events put together to have a great time with people and this is in my wheelhouse. 

With the posting content part, not a big deal at all. With my newest venture, I'm putting out 4-10 units of content a day. Putting things out showcasing how amazing the tailgaites are would be great! 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/26/2024 at 7:35 PM, MissingInAction said:

I'm not up for lead work but I'm always happy to help with tailgate maintenance: keeping beer cold, food warm, picking up trash and keeping an eye on valuables.

Tacos and beer is all I require in compensation. 

Two tacos for the white dog please.