Survivor 46

speed817

9 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Legit one of the worst players the show has ever seen.  So bad that it was incredibly entertaining.  Legendary performance by Jelinsky.

it just seems like the producers are not vetting well.  the dude on lithium, someone that misses home after one day.  i guarantee the person that cant sleep, and the person thats allergic to everything will be gone in no time. you gotta be tougher than this.   jelinsky's could have been a player and stuck it out.  he was great in challenges, where he screwed up was putting himself out there.  he volunteered for the sweat challenge, volunteered for the journey, volunteered to do the puzze.  he was terrible at all three.  some delusion going on.  i dont think he realized he wasnt as great as he thought he was, and the producers should be able to weed out the delusional bullshitters so we dont waste our time on them.

• Like 1

it just seems like the producers are not vetting well.  the dude on lithium, someone that misses home after one day.  i guarantee the person that cant sleep, and the person thats allergic to everything will be gone in no time. you gotta be tougher than this.   jelinsky's could have been a player and stuck it out.  he was great in challenges, where he screwed up was putting himself out there.  he volunteered for the sweat challenge, volunteered for the journey, volunteered to do the puzze.  he was terrible at all three.  some delusion going on.  i dont think he realized he wasnt as great as he thought he was, and the producers should be able to weed out the delusional bullshitters so we dont waste our time on them.

“Greatest blindside in survivor history!” Uhh you weren’t blindsided. You weren’t listening. Jeff pretty much tee’d your ass up with his interrogation. He hates quitters and dumbasses on the show and wants to clear them out. I bet he chewed out the casting crew again.

10 hours ago, speed817 said:

That whole Yanu tribe sucks.  Terrible at challenges and none of them are very likeable....

it seems every season as of late has had one tribe start off with an extensive losing streak.   would make for an interesting study in the human psyche.  they were so close to winning but jess was helpless.  the funny thing is they might have won had they had zelinsky.  tiff should have called q out on that.  she wanted jess out but he was adamant that zelinsky go instead.  that cost them the challenge.   usually weak physical players are at least good at something else - either smart, like puzzles, or at the social game.  jess was 0  for 3.  one of the worst players in the history of the show.

there are some likable characters this season and i'm looking forward to the other tribes losing an immunity challenge so we can get to know them better.  there are also some characters i'm not sure i like - soda for example.  i want to like her. she seems sweet and caring and tries hard, but those camp songs would make me want to sleep by myself on the beach.  the rock and roll dude also seems a tad annoying.  i feel bad for the iranian chick but she does seem to have a diva mentality so most of it is self-inflicted.  my least favorite, at least in the little i've seen, is liz.  oops, i meant the one and only liz.  what the hell is going on with her?  why is she constantly bragging about how much money or how many companies or how many podcasts?  seems like she's hiding something with all the bragging.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

it seems every season as of late has had one tribe start off with an extensive losing streak.   would make for an interesting study in the human psyche.  they were so close to winning but jess was helpless.  the funny thing is they might have won had they had zelinsky.  tiff should have called q out on that.  she wanted jess out but he was adamant that zelinsky go instead.  that cost them the challenge.   usually weak physical players are at least good at something else - either smart, like puzzles, or at the social game.  jess was 0  for 3.  one of the worst players in the history of the show.

there are some likable characters this season and i'm looking forward to the other tribes losing an immunity challenge so we can get to know them better.  there are also some characters i'm not sure i like - soda for example.  i want to like her. she seems sweet and caring and tries hard, but those camp songs would make me want to sleep by myself on the beach.  the rock and roll dude also seems a tad annoying.  i feel bad for the iranian chick but she does seem to have a diva mentality so most of it is self-inflicted.  my least favorite, at least in the little i've seen, is liz.  oops, i meant the one and only liz.  what the hell is going on with her?  why is she constantly bragging about how much money or how many companies or how many podcasts?  seems like she's hiding something with all the bragging.

Not like they KNEW what the next challenge was going to be so can't really say voting off Jelinsky cost them the challenge.  I think Jess not having access to her ADHD meds really affected her.  Being introverted didn't help either.  But them losing that challenge was not all on her.  A lot them have had poor performances so far.  I pointed out last week when we were watching that Tiff was pulling on that stupid gecko when Jeff was telling them that they had to lift it over.  Just a stupid tribe overall.  Not quite as bad as the Lulu tribe.

Another thing is the whole fake idol.  You already have numbers, why play that card so early in the game?  I understand they didn't want her to play her shot in the dark but there are other ways to go about it and not have to waste the fake idol play.  I feel like they were beating Jess down even more when she was already on the outs.  Feel similarly to how they are treating Venus on the other tribe.  A little bit of bullying going on.....

Finally caught up.  A lot of unlikeable players in this version.  The loser tribe had/has a guy that couldn't even remotely back up his mouth, the most useless player of all time, and an Indian dude that may be batshit crazy.  Good luck with that.  

Not like they KNEW what the next challenge was going to be so can't really say voting off Jelinsky cost them the challenge.  I think Jess not having access to her ADHD meds really affected her.  Being introverted didn't help either.  But them losing that challenge was not all on her.  A lot them have had poor performances so far.  I pointed out last week when we were watching that Tiff was pulling on that stupid gecko when Jeff was telling them that they had to lift it over.  Just a stupid tribe overall.  Not quite as bad as the Lulu tribe.
Another thing is the whole fake idol.  You already have numbers, why play that card so early in the game?  I understand they didn't want her to play her shot in the dark but there are other ways to go about it and not have to waste the fake idol play.  I feel like they were beating Jess down even more when she was already on the outs.  Feel similarly to how they are treating Venus on the other tribe.  A little bit of bullying going on.....

That Indian guy is such an annoying dweeb I would have probably dragged his ass into the ocean and drownded him. Just shut the fuck up.

I thought that whole immunity idol ruse just turned into an elaborate high school mean girl contraption that wasn’t really necessary.

The show’s primary issue seems to be its now mostly players who are superfans who don’t play the real game as good as they imagined they would at home. Traitors just wrapped up and Sandra and Parvati were on it. Seems like it’s been a while since we had that level of player.
  • Hook 'Em 2

I think a couple of the other survivors nailed their comments about Bhanu.  He's a huge fan of the game with no concept of how to play it.  Physical exhaustion can heighten a person's emotional response, but dude has zero control over his.  

• Like 1

Bhanu needs to be put in a bamboo stockade. It’s actually becoming funny how stupid he is with his utter transparency of everything.

I want to win a million hearts! Yeah, fuck off. Jeff needs to be given a cattle prod, a bullwhip, and a .45 to deal with the idiots and morons.

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 3:35 PM, Texzilla588 said:

“Greatest blindside in survivor history!” Uhh you weren’t blindsided. You weren’t listening. Jeff pretty much tee’d your ass up with his interrogation. He hates quitters and dumbasses on the show and wants to clear them out. I bet he chewed out the casting crew again.

Again?  Has that happened?  I'd like the story there.

Sucks about the medical pull from the game, but it looks like it may have saved one of the only two pieces of eye candy we have this season, so I'm ok with that.

Yeah it’s been a weak start to the season, and the last two eps being all Bhanu grew quite tiresome.

Seems like more often than not in recent seasons with the current format, one tribe loses the majority of the first challenges and kind of death spirals which makes the show less interesting without new blood at tribal council.

Posted (edited)

I’ve been a Survivor fan from day 1 but, like many of you, have gotten bored with it in the last few seasons I.e Deadliest Catch, Below Deck et al. I’ve started watching Survivor Australia and it’s really good.  Much more old school. There are several sites that you can stream if you have a VPN. If not, try srsone.wf. I prefer the streamplay link as it has fewer popups. I’ve only watched a portion of the latest season, Titans vs Rebels, but can recommend. 

Edited by TonyTexas

On 3/21/2024 at 11:13 AM, LonghornSean said:

Seems like more often than not in recent seasons with the current format, one tribe loses the majority of the first challenges and kind of death spirals which makes the show less interesting without new blood at tribal council.

Yeah, they need go back to 2 tribes to start.  Lately it seems like the weakest starting tribe also votes off one of their stronger players right off the bat and shit just spirals.

I’m going to continue to bang the drum for Australia Survivor. I just finished binging season 11 and I’d put it in the top 10 best Survivor seasons. Good cast, gameplay and challenges. The host is fine but he’s no Probst. It’s a long watch though. 24 initial tribemates, 24 episodes, 47 days on the island.  I’m going to move on to season 2 if I can find it. It’s considered the best season of  the Australian series. 

On 3/15/2024 at 2:32 PM, Chuckie Finster said:

Can't decide if Bhanu being an actor means this is all an act, or if he is just a supremely unstable individual. He has good intentions but absolutely no ability to manage his emotions.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm14003069/

interesting. it seems almost impossible for someone to be that terrible at the game...combined with probst doubling down on saying he would cast him again it makes me believe he was an actor. 

I’m going to continue to bang the drum for Australia Survivor. I just finished binging season 11 and I’d put it in the top 10 best Survivor seasons. Good cast, gameplay and challenges. The host is fine but he’s no Probst. It’s a long watch though. 24 initial tribemates, 24 episodes, 47 days on the island.  I’m going to move on to season 2 if I can find it. It’s considered the best season of  the Australian series. 

Where do you watch the AU version?

Posted (edited)

Jem, Jem, Jem.  Oh well.  I guess that's the first person to go this season for being a threat, though if you go home with an idol in your pocket were you actually a threat?  

Edited by idigTexas

7 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

is there any nudity in that version?

1 hour ago, idigTexas said:

Jem, Jem, Jem.  Oh well.  I guess that's the first person to go this season for being a threat, though if you go home with an idol in your pocket were you actually a threat?  

there was apparently a lot the producers chose to edit out.  what we saw is maria telling charley she trusted jem more than rockandroll dick, and thats how they left it.  i got the impression charlie was swayed to vote with her but the opposite happened.  but whats peculiar is she was so convinced that she played both votes on jem.  she could have saved that for a much more crucial time (down to 6 players).  why play it now when it makes little difference whether jem or rockandroll dick goes home?  wont help her in the jury.  just wasnt a crucial time.  still, fucking the tribe over by burying the box was deceitful, so justice was served.  on top of that, she lobbied too hard, talked too much, leading up to tribal.  she should have laid low, unless everyone already knew she was the one that hid the box.  thats what i'm thinking and they just edited that out so we'd be in suspense.

Good episode.  Jem's Indian, right?  She should know about karma.  I'm all about playing the game and being sneaky; however, I'm not a fan of straight up dishonesty.  She deserved to go for this plus her outright stupidity.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Good episode.  Jem's Indian, right?  She should know about karma.  I'm all about playing the game and being sneaky; however, I'm not a fan of straight up dishonesty.  She deserved to go for this plus her outright stupidity.

Born in Guyana 

• Hook 'Em 1

Weird episode.  I have no idea why Mo was the target there.  She was a threat because she was a Survivor fan and especially of Aubrey?  Okay.  I thought Yanu missed an opportunity to target a bigger fish by playing Siga and Nami against each other, but I guess the potential of the +1 kept Q from doing anything big.  I'll be interested to see if the +1 alliance actually goes anywhere.  

I'm pulling for Hunter, Charlie, and Maria, but I expect that to change as things progress, ether due to them getting eliminated or doing something that I don't like.  Kenzie could easily move up, but she needs to start playing.  Tiffany could also move up, but she needs to separate from Q.