Texas @ Texas Tech Series Thread

Horny Bull

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Pretty good outing by Grubbs wasted by shitty defense and tough luck hitting 

Defense is fucking bad.

I wish we had a natural SS or a natural 1B at least. Rather see Flores at 3rd and Powell at 1st, but we don’t have anyone to play SS.

Catcher obviously is a huge problem. Maybe it gets a little better once Galvan is back

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Defense is fucking bad.

I wish we had a natural SS or a natural 1B at least. Rather see Flores at 3rd and Powell at 1st, but we don’t have anyone to play SS.

Catcher obviously is a huge problem. Maybe it gets a little better once Galvan is back

Flores looks pretty natural to me. It’s been a big upgrade over Daly.

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Defense is fucking bad.

4 weeks from now? Get used to what we have now...😬

This felt like one of those games where nothing went our way. Every bloop hit fell for them and every line drive we hit found a glove.

4.2 innings from the pen and 2 unearned  should be good enough to win at that launching pad.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Flores looks pretty natural to me. It’s been a big upgrade over Daly.

Well that’s not asking for much.

He doesn’t have great range over there and his arm seems much better when he’s more set than when he throws on the move. I’m not saying he can’t play it. I just still think he’s 5 not a 6.

34 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Defense is fucking bad.

Galvan isn’t Ardoin, but he’s better than Schuessler at least. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Or maybe this team just fucking sucks. 

This team is going to have a pretty salty lineup by seasons end. Beyleau, Gaspo, Galvan, Flores, Borba will all continue to get better at the plate with more ABs.

Need LBJ and Hurley to get right though

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

This team is going to have a pretty salty lineup by seasons end. Beyleau, Gaspo, Galvan, Flores, Borba will all continue to get better at the plate with more ABs.

Need LBJ and Hurley to get right though

waka flocka GIF

I just can't do it this year. These guys looked shitty as soon as I saw them play. You and @Hookem2147 can keep beleiving - you might be right - i just can't do the "just give them time they'll gel" this season. They look awful. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

waka flocka GIF

I just can't do it this year. These guys looked shitty as soon as I saw them play. You and @Hookem2147 can keep beleiving - you might be right - i just can't do the "just give them time they'll gel" this season. They look awful. 

I mean I guess. The offense is way ahead of where anyone thought it would be. Top 25 in HRs, top 50 in BA.
This gets said every single season and somehow things end up ok. 

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

waka flocka GIF

When we win tomorrow, we won’t let you back on the bandwagon. You only have yourself to blame 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

This gets said every single season and somehow things end up ok. 

Well we generally start the season better than this.

Cool, the bats are decent. The pitching and D is an abortion and not Texas baseball.

But I'll take a W.

Edited by ztejas

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Well we generally start the season better than this.

Cool, the bats are decent. The pitching and D is an abortion and not Texas baseball.

But I'll take a W.

This is the exact same thing we said last year though. We had one starter going into the season.

I dunno if anyone was more negative than me going into the season. But with the offense being better than expected and the way DP teams generally develop, I just don’t see a reason to panic yet.

Edited by hobbes2702

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

This is the exact same thing we said last year though.

I mean it's not though. This team has pop but the fielding is just bad and has been all season. 

I'm just not seeing how they turn into a contender. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I mean it's not though. This team has pop but the fielding is just bad and has been all season. 

We played Daly at SS last year and JT was clueless at 1st for the first half of the season. Powell was also still learning at 3rd. The OF defense was better but I don’t expect a lot of ground balls to roll past Gaspo the rest of the year.

Not being argumentative I hope. Just saying I think panicking is the wrong movie given the track record and the talent 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

This is the exact same thing we said last year though. We had one starter going into the season.

I dunno if anyone was more negative than me going into the season. But with the offense being better than expected and the way DP teams generally develop, I just don’t see a reason to panic yet.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The fuck is this? Bizzaro world? Hobbes pumping sunshine and ztejas shitting on us? March baseball is tearing us apart 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

We played Daly at SS last year and JT was clueless at 1st for the first half of the season. Powell was also still learning at 3rd. The OF defense was better but I don’t expect a lot of ground balls to roll past Gaspo the rest of the year.

Not being argumentative I hope. Just saying I think panicking is the wrong movie given the track record and the talent 

No that's fine - you know I'm a good fan and vice-versa.

They've just felt off to me in a way they haven't in seasons past. 

But if there's one thing DP can do it's coach baseball and maybe he figures it out again. 

48 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

This felt like one of those games where nothing went our way. Every bloop hit fell for them and every line drive we hit found a glove.

4.2 innings from the pen and 2 unearned  should be good enough to win at that launching pad.

Yep...the cruel mistress showed up today. 

Gotta LOVE baseball to continue to watch and learn from the sport 🤘

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Hondo said:

I think he's at Kentucky or somewhere, batting .675 on the season.

Ha! That's funny.

He 's doing well, but not in that stratosphere.....   .320 for 8 games played  8/25 (5 singles, 2 doubles, 1 HR)

He could of filled in for Jack, but he knew Jalin was going to be the starter at SS.

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, zlavydra said:

What did Porter do at Stanford?

He and other outfielder couldn’t see the routine fly ball because of twilight conditions and Stanford won game because of it.  It wasn’t there fault.