Caleb Harris, the disappearing A&M CC kid

immamac

11 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

16 search warrants, submitted over 70 preservation requests, and issued 14 subpoenas for electronic data

Sounds like they believe a crime was committed, but can they do this if there's no suspect? If the answer is "no" then wouldn't that mean there is a suspect, and if that's true, then we probably can deduce that the police know a lot more than the public does and there is very little chance for "Harris's safe return"

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Sounds like they believe a crime was committed, but can they do this if there's no suspect? If the answer is "no" then wouldn't that mean there is a suspect, and if that's true, then we probably can deduce that the police know a lot more than the public does and there is very little chance for "Harris's safe return"

they are probably following leads with Austin ties …

@Nicole44

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I agree, this is a criminal investigation 

I watch a lot of dateline, and one episode the state police got a cell data dump of all activity within certain location and time frame. They investigated a few of the irregular cell numbers or activity for that area and found the killers. They should do that here. 

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I watch a lot of dateline, and one episode the state police got a cell data dump of all activity within certain location and time frame. They investigated a few of the irregular cell numbers or activity for that area and found the killers. They should do that here. 

At the time he went missing, it should have been very low activity in that area

15 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I agree, this is a criminal investigation 

They probably have a short list of people with motives and are working on filling the gaps from there. I don't see how you can do all these searches without a concrete reason to suspect particular people of crimes.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, landman said:

This one and the Texas State kid that disappeared near Luling a couple of years ago are weird.

The Texas State kid is really odd.  Disappeared on the side of the road, I think his clothes were found at his car, might have been high AF but dogs should have been able to find his body if he just wondered off.  

9 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

The Texas State kid is really odd.  Disappeared on the side of the road, I think his clothes were found at his car, might have been high AF but dogs should have been able to find his body if he just wondered off.  

IMG_2540.jpeg.1aa21391d271c0f41ded201cef6a1b33.jpeg

11 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Didn't the Texas State kid disappear during the Icestorm or an inclement weather thing? Fog?

Theory is he got lost/stuck in his car on his way back home in Luling, got out of the car, and wandered off road, got lost in some field, and died somewhere. The car was found just a block from the turn onto 183.

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

Didn't the Texas State kid disappear during the Icestorm or an inclement weather thing? Fog?

Theory is he got lost/stuck in his car on his way back home in Luling, got out of the car, and wandered off road, got lost in some field, and died somewhere. The car was found just a block from the turn onto 183.

Nah, that dude was was lit on something, had been facetiming with one of his friends while fucked up before leaving and googling weird shit about how long you can last outside.  Cops think he wandered off, died and was eaten by pigs.

4 minutes ago, Basil said:

Nah, that dude was was lit on something, had been facetiming with one of his friends while fucked up before leaving and googling weird shit about how long you can last outside.  Cops think he wandered off, died and was eaten by pigs.

Well, I guess he found out. Sucks that the pigs can't talk to tell us the answer.

9 minutes ago, Basil said:

Cops think he wandered off, died and was eaten by pigs.

Then I think it is safe to assume that he wandered off, called 911 several times and was ignored, was later eaten by pigs, which led to his death.  

Pig digestive juices dissolved the boarding pass from Atlanta found near the body - and with the passage of time the lake water escaped from what was left of his lungs. 

• Haha 1