Trooper Taylor's son and Aggie assistant allegedly poisons his baby momma

Earl Haffler

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/crime/2024/03/15/ex-tennessee-titans-blaise-taylor-charged-murder-deaths-girlfriend-fetus/72985622007/

Former Tennessee Titans scout Blaise Taylor charged after deaths of girlfriend, fetus

635496723265033585-Craig-Shoup.jpg?widthCraig Shoup
Nashville Tennessean

A former Tennessee Titans scout is charged with two counts of first-degree murder after the poisoning deaths last year of his girlfriend and her unborn baby.

Blaise A. Taylor, 27, was arrested by United States Marshals in Utah this week after a Nashville grand jury returned an indictment against him Wednesday.

The charges against Taylor stem from Feb. 25, 2023, when Taylor called 911 at 9:38 p.m. to report that his girlfriend, Jade Benning, 25, appeared to be having an allergic reaction and asked for paramedics, Metro Nashville police said.

Benning was rushed to Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where she remained hospitalized until her death a little more than a week later, on March 6.

The unborn child died on Feb. 27.

Investigators said they were unable to interview Benning before her death.

After months of investigation by police, crime lab scientists and the medical examiner, it was determined that Benning had been "poisoned without her knowledge," after Taylor visited her apartment, police said in a news release Friday.

Taylor worked as a scout with the Tennessee Titans for four years after he played as defensive back at Arkansas State from 2014-17.

He was hired by Texas A&M's defensive staff on March 6, where his father Trooper Taylor serves as the running backs coach, after he served as a defensive analyst at Utah State.

Reach reporter Craig Shoup by email at cshoup@gannett.com and on X @Craig_Shoup. To support his work, sign up for a digital subscription to www.tennessean.com.

Posted (edited)

This article says he was arrested in Utah  “where he is based.” Doesn’t make much sense if he’s working for aggy. 

https://internewscast.com/news/ex-arkansas-state-football-star-blaise-taylor-made-chilling-911-call-about-pregnant-girlfriend-after-poisoning-her/

I guess he could be preparing to move to BCS. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

guess he could be preparing to move to BCS. 

With cross country moves, you have to decide what you want to take with you and what you don’t.  Some tough choices must be made- not everything, or everybody, makes the cut. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

31 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

This article says he was arrested in Utah  “where he is based.” Doesn’t make much sense if he’s working for aggy. 

https://internewscast.com/news/ex-arkansas-state-football-star-blaise-taylor-made-chilling-911-call-about-pregnant-girlfriend-after-poisoning-her/

He was working for Utah State until recently 

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-state-sports/2024/03/15/former-utah-state-football-analyst/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If this was under investigation, don’t you think dad would mention it in passing?

Pshaw, you act like you never went through a double murder phase when you were younger.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Benning’s autopsy says she was poisoned with cocaine. It also says she was having dinner with Taylor and another friend. After the friend left, she called her saying her legs were numb and she was vomiting.

https://www.wsmv.com/2024/03/15/it-was-relieving-friends-react-arrest-former-titans-scout-after-pregnant-woman-poisoned-death/?outputType=amp

Wouldn’t it be obvious and take a shitload of cocaine to kill someone?

6 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Sometimes you gotta put yourself in the mind of a baby mama killer. Put yourself in that place so to speak. Only been to Utah once and that was for a changeover going to Canada to shoot at massive whitetail bucks. Mormon Tabernacle extremely impressive from the air.

That being said it I ever killed my baby mama and didn't want to get caught Utah immediately comes to mind

I spent must of the day listening to a podcast about Charles and Carol Stuart. The sick fuck killer his pregnant wife while driving home from a birthing class. Blamed it on a carjacker. Got caught because his brother went to the cops. No financial motive. Just didn’t want to be a father.

The leading cause of death in pregnant women is domestic violence. This is tragic. 

Has aggy released a statement yet? I think saying nothing would be best, but they’re aggy, so I’m guessing they’ll put forward some plausible deniability bullshit argument. 

On 3/16/2024 at 7:06 PM, Vermin said:

That is the dumbest fucking way to try to off somebody.  Expensive, definitely going to be detected, and a waste of drugs.

What a piece of shit.

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I spent must of the day listening to a podcast about Charles and Carol Stuart. The sick fuck killer his pregnant wife while driving home from a birthing class. Blamed it on a carjacker. Got caught because his brother went to the cops. No financial motive. Just didn’t want to be a father.

The leading cause of death in pregnant women is domestic violence. This is tragic. 

Has aggy released a statement yet? I think saying nothing would be best, but they’re aggy, so I’m guessing they’ll put forward some plausible deniability bullshit argument. 

Yes, Elko put out a statement sympathizing with the perpetrator.

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/article/blaise-taylor-arrested-girlfriend-poisoning-19157625.php

In a statement provided to CNN, Texas A&M head football coach Mike Elko said the team’s thoughts are with everyone affected by the “heartbreaking situation.”

“It’s essential to allow the courts to handle this situation with the diligence and fairness it demands,” he said. “We also would like to extend our prayers and support to Coach Trooper Taylor, Dr. Evelyn Taylor and their family as they navigate this extremely difficult time.”

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Vermin said:

Yes, Elko put out a statement sympathizing with the perpetrator.

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/article/blaise-taylor-arrested-girlfriend-poisoning-19157625.php

That tells me Elko is going to attempt to retain Trooper. It feels like a misjudgment on and off the field. Trooper’s best recruiting days are behind him and aggy’s safest legal play is to fire him now because they don’t know what he knew/he’ll continue to lie about what he knew until he perjures himself. 

Methinks Trooper and Blaise were package deal. Hire dad and then sneak the son in on some defensive assistant role while the investigation was ongoing. Good for Nashville PD and the Marshals breaking up the party.

The backstory here will be fascinating. I don’t see how it ends without aggy catching some egg in their face. A nice full blown PR and legal disaster in the Trevs’ first days in office. 

On 3/16/2024 at 5:06 PM, Vermin said:

Thinking back to college. Yea a metric fuckload indeed. 

or so my friends tell me. I’m a good Christian man so I don’t ride the crazy train with the devils snow 

Holy shit. Nothing about the Benning family. Sorry for the uh reputational hit the Taylor family are going to take for their son killing his baby mama and unborn kid? That is tone deaf, and yeah, he will attempt to keep Trooper as coach. Sad as fuck.